Splendor 2.6 (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 17:44 (2781 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:14

FYI, there is a new booster going around that just showed up. The theory is that you get it from someone who already has it. This is what it looks like:
[image]
[image]

Splendor 2.6

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 17:49 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

The really evil possibility is that it is a rep booster that gets activated when you Livestream ;p

Splendor 2.6

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 17:59 (2781 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think you only get it by avoiding mega threads arguing about microtransactions.

Splendor 2.6

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:01 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

I think you only get it by avoiding mega threads arguing about microtransactions.

Crap.

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:15 (2781 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Member Berries

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:09 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

'Member when megathreads were about Cortana lying to Foe hammer?

yeahhhhhh…… :-D :-)

Member Berries

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:16 (2781 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Was just thinking about this and wondering if nostalgia is coloring my glasses or if Destiny doesn't really inspire zeal in that regard. Ha.

Member Berries

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:18 (2781 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Was just thinking about this and wondering if nostalgia is coloring my glasses or if Destiny doesn't really inspire zeal in that regard. Ha.

I don't know why it doesn't happen on the forum, but I've gotten into a lot of discussions and debates about the Grimoire with people. I think some of it at least is that a lot of those people don't really post on the forums, but it's also possible the zeal isn't there.

Member Berries

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:22 (2781 days ago) @ Xenos

I don't know why it doesn't happen on the forum, but I've gotten into a lot of discussions and debates about the Grimoire with people. I think some of it at least is that a lot of those people don't really post on the forums, but it's also possible the zeal isn't there.

I think that's because the Grimoire is either too flowery and poetic with its language to be concrete enough to speculate over, or else it's hinting way too heavily *cough* Maya Sundaresh ---> Exo Stranger *cough*.

Member Berries

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 00:36 (2781 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think that's because the Grimoire is either too flowery and poetic with its language to be concrete enough to speculate over, or else it's hinting way too heavily *cough* Maya Sundaresh ---> Exo Stranger *cough*.

Part of it is just the nature of their being a Grimoire instead of a story in the game. I still haven't read large portions of it, either because I forget to make a point of doing it, or, at a certain point, I just don't care enough to take the time to seek it out.

Member Berries

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:20 (2781 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Marathon inspires a bunch of dedicated people to dig through its deep story and analyze everything.

Halo comes out, and Marathon peeps are disappointed because Halo's story is not as deep. Halo still inspires discussion.

Destiny comes out. The Halo peeps are disappointed because Destiny's story isn't as deep. Destiny still inspires discussion… about investment, microtransactions, and activision. Basically everything but the story.

I sense a pattern. What comes next?

Member Berries

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:24 (2781 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Marathon inspires a bunch of dedicated people to dig through its deep story and analyze everything.

Halo comes out, and Marathon peeps are disappointed because Halo's story is not as deep. Halo still inspires discussion.

Destiny comes out. The Halo peeps are disappointed because Destiny's story isn't as deep. Destiny still inspires discussion… about investment, microtransactions, and activision. Basically everything but the story.

The commodification of everything?

Member Berries

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 19:25 (2781 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Duck penis.

Member Berries

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 23:16 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

Duck penis.

Ducks have bits. Cortana does not have bits.

Cortana is not a duck.

Member Berries

by Avateur @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 00:36 (2781 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny comes out. The Halo peeps are disappointed because Destiny's story isn't

I'mma stop you right there because Destiny the game didn't have a story until Taken King. And even with that story, it's not much.

Doesn't mean there isn't story points to discuss.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 16, 2016, 00:53 (2781 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Never said there weren't

by Avateur @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 00:59 (2781 days ago) @ Ragashingo

There also aren't very many to discuss. Let's hope Destiny 2 changes that. It'd be nice to have actual story and plot to discuss in detail.

Member Berries

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 16, 2016, 01:42 (2781 days ago) @ Avateur

To be fair, the best discussions in HBO was about what wasn't in the game (or barely mentioned in-game).

Goes to a new page on Bungie.net!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:12 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

The first guy that got it also received a message in his public chat that had a link to: owlsector.bungie.net

Possible ARG?

Edit:

Messages they receive in addition to link:

[12:38:34] Override reported. Filed for investigation. Await further instructions, Guardian.
[12:43:25] We’ve detected an unidentified foreign intrusion into your systems, Guardian. Stay calm. We will investigate.

Looks like a mini ARG to me.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 19:00 (2781 days ago) @ Xenos

And Rasputin was just mentioned. *Squeeee*

Some of us still like diving into the Deep and writing long Books of Sorrow about what story Destiny does have. ;)

by Usul, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 19:30 (2781 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Can now click "Open Owl Sector Records" and it takes you to some more messages.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 19:36 (2781 days ago) @ Usul

Yep. And there's now a spinning 3d chart on the main page. I'm thinking us Guardians need to spread each buff to enough friends to unlock the messages. Fun stuff. :)

Something is spreading.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 19:56 (2781 days ago) @ Ragashingo

See the little colored bits on the current map like the one on the neck of Alaska. They weren't there before:

[image]

Never heard the Aleutians called neck

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 20:29 (2781 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Looks like adak or Dutch harbor, cans tell on the map. Lots of old Cold War radar sites down that way.

That's what we call in in Texas (apparently!)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 20:33 (2781 days ago) @ Up North 65

Can you head over there and check for ringing payphones? :p

Looks like there are a number of new "buffs"

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 18:22 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

ARG Hint/Spoiler

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 20:31 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

do the dust palace strike

2 times no buff.

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:04 (2781 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

What if the end goal is to not have these mites? Like a massive debuff or incapacitating guardian diahrrea

ARG Hint/Spoiler

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:06 (2781 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Through the director?

Afirm

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:16 (2781 days ago) @ someotherguy

The owl console just updated another section on the buffs page. Looking at the pie chart it seemed to happen at 25% so maybe it is releasing information based on infected. Also the map is putting dots in odd places, originally it was Whitehorse and Unalaska but now it has somewhere outside of bethel, maybe Russian village or st marys and somewhere between Whitehorse and the U.S. Border, places where internet is limited so I don't think they correspond to infected

ARG Hint/Spoiler

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:40 (2781 days ago) @ someotherguy

Nightfall?

http://owlsector.bungie.net/en

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:24 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

The round rotating thing appears to be a pie chart over time, showing which buffs are the most (and least) active.

Clicking on the red owl symbol takes you to another page where you can click on each buff name to get text info. Currently only the text for Brilliance and Magnificence show up.

Both texts say to go to the Dust Palace, so I'd suggest people run that strike. I know I will tonight when I'm home from work.

http://owlsector.bungie.net/en

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:35 (2781 days ago) @ Kahzgul

http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

The round rotating thing appears to be a pie chart over time, showing which buffs are the most (and least) active.

Weird, I've literally only seen the yellow one, but apparently green is most common?

Probably location/IP based

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 15, 2016, 23:28 (2781 days ago) @ someotherguy

So somewhere where there is a huge density of Destiny players is getting it. A friend of mine has the blue and green one.

I'm being attacked by yellow and pink bees.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:41 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

Send help

Ooh, can I have some pinkies?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:51 (2781 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I think we should coordiante and meet up.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:41 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

You can have multiple buffs at once (I have Brilliance 3.2 and Magnificence 2.0) and can spread it through Crucible kills, Orbs of Light, and playing with others in PvE. I got both of mine during the Dust Palace Strike, so I'm guessing one of them was transmitted to me by one of the randos.

Always using protection Raga

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 22:16 (2781 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Boy, I hated the Nightfall flame... This is just as bad...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 22:22 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

Wish I could avoid the Guardian herpes; effects on your character that you can't remove are terrible. I can't even play with Sammy now, because she has the purple bees.

I just hope all of the dumb ARG stuff is over soon...

At least Bungie could chime in on whether or not you get anything if you collect all of the STDs at once; to have some incentive other than a simple XP buff in exchange for obnoxious animated effects.

Boy, I hated the Nightfall flame... This is just as bad...

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 00:05 (2781 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Oh, take a chill pill

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, September 16, 2016, 01:53 (2781 days ago) @ Korny

At least you get to experience it. I have to live vicariously through you cranky lot.

Cranky! Nuh UH! YOU'RE CRANKY! ... fat too. ._. /s :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 16, 2016, 02:05 (2781 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Space AIDS! Catch the disease!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 22:38 (2781 days ago) @ bluerunner

Holy crap, that was this day too, wasn't it?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 15, 2016, 23:29 (2781 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

That's what I immediately thought of too. heh.

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 16, 2016, 16:35 (2780 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread