A thought about the Tower *SP* (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:59 (2803 days ago)

On the mission to take out the anti-aircraft guns, Shiro says that the Fallen could be using the site as a beachhead to attack the city. This would insinuate that the city/Tower ARE in Russia. Why else would you establish a beachhead there if it weren't nearby?

A thought about the Tower *SP*

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:19 (2803 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

If it's the only real beachhead on Earth (with the rest of the Fallen forces just doing their pillage/scavenge thing) it would kind if make sense?

Not an especially efficient one perhaps, but better than nothing.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:23 (2803 days ago) @ someotherguy

If it's the only real beachhead on Earth (with the rest of the Fallen forces just doing their pillage/scavenge thing) it would kind if make sense?

Not an especially efficient one perhaps, but better than nothing.

They also mentioned that there were 8 towers to the best of my memory. We know of two, "The Tower" and Banner fall. They also mentioned that several of them were destroyed. I forget if it was during a skirmish with "bad guys" or if it was when New Monarchy tried to take out the traveler...

And I don't know how big the Wall is and where the towers are located.

I might also just be completely mixing up all the information that entered my head when I played yesterday :-D

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:04 (2803 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I have just assumed for a while that the Tower is in the Caucasus Mountains. Kinda made sense to me. That would put the Cosmodrome between modern day Georgia and Volgograd.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:06 (2803 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

On the mission to take out the anti-aircraft guns, Shiro says that the Fallen could be using the site as a beachhead to attack the city. This would insinuate that the city/Tower ARE in Russia. Why else would you establish a beachhead there if it weren't nearby?

Makes perfect sense, but if that were true, shouldn't we be able to see Russia from our house? I mean the Traveler from Old Russia?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:19 (2803 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I've always thought the Last City was in Nepal.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:38 (2803 days ago) @ dogcow

Based on...?

I've honestly never thought about where it was.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:08 (2803 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Based on...?

I've honestly never thought about where it was.

I don't know for sure, but it probably stemmed from this: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/38nbqq/the_last_city_is_pokhara_nepal/

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 18:06 (2803 days ago) @ dogcow

Wasn't the fake Bungie employee denounced as fake some time later? Or the claims about the lighting system. I forget exactly what, but some major part of that was addressed as fake specifically if my vague recollection is right...

Anyway, I still like Puerto Princesa since it's what's shown on all the early map backgrounds...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 18:30 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Wasn't the fake Bungie employee denounced as fake some time later? Or the claims about the lighting system. I forget exactly what, but some major part of that was addressed as fake specifically if my vague recollection is right...

Anyway, I still like Puerto Princesa since it's what's shown on all the early map backgrounds...

Woo! Cool! Link?

Either place, I don't care. I like the tower, it's got pretty mountains behind it and I like them. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 18:33 (2803 days ago) @ dogcow

by Durandal, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 18:52 (2803 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It does seem that way, but the tower weather doesn't seem to be winter at the moment, and if they were closer I would think you would get more support from tower guns or the racks of missiles you see in the hangar.

Likewise, you can't see the Traveler from Felwinter's Peak, but you can see the cosmodrome.

In an age where interplanetary transmat is possible, a beachhead might just mean something with in ground range teleport of the city.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 19:03 (2803 days ago) @ Durandal

Right. Also keep in mind that the House of Devils knows they're up against nearly unkillable superheroes. Maybe making your beachhead a couple thousand miles away isn't such a bad idea...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 19:04 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Right. Also keep in mind that the House of Devils knows they're up against nearly unkillable superheroes. Maybe making your beachhead a couple thousand miles away isn't such a bad idea...

Yeah. Personally, I would want to use artillery if I was dealing with guardians. I mean, so far guns haven't worked particularly well.

I always thought it was near India, roughly.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 23:19 (2802 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Just based on seeing the reflection off the Traveler when you jump to Earth. Or I assumed that reflection is off of the Traveler.

So . . . hmm. Maybe I am just making baseless assumptions.

by Coaxkez, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 17:37 (2802 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

At this point, it would make the most sense. We spend so much time in Old Russia. There's so much importance placed on that location in the story. It makes sense for the Tower to be situated near it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread