Which Artifact Did You Go With? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:13 (2803 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:27

I went went Memory of Timur. The ability to change the allegiance of an enemy for a decent amount of time can be quite fun. It only works on red bar enemies, but I've had really good results with Fallen melee captains and vandals, and with Hive Wizards. The only minor problem I've seen is that you can sometimes accidentally turn an enemy you need to kill in order or move forward. Then your whole Fireteam has to stand around and wait for that enemy to regain its senses since you can't harm enemies who are on your side! :p

Which Artifact Did You Go With?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:19 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I went went Memory of Timur. The ability to change the allegiance of an enemy for a decent amount of time can be quite fun. It only works on red bar enemies, but I've had really good results with Fallen melee captains and vandals, and with Hive Wizards. The only minor problem I've seen is that you can sometimes accidentally turn an enemy you need to kill in order or move forward. Then your whole Fireteam has to stand around and wait for that enemy to regain its senses since you can't hard enemies who are on your side! :p

I went with the Memory of Jolder, which gets rid of sprint cool down. Which is kinda ironic because she was the only wolf that had a choice to run and didn't :-) I both love it but also feel like it should actually be a game mechanic and not a perk... but oh well.

Memory of Jolder!

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:19 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Removes the Cooldown penalty to Sprint. Removing the sprint penalty will help me in the crucible (trials) more than the others would have, and I wasnt sure if I would get the others before then.

Memory of Timur is cool, and they do actually contribute a bit when attacking. The only issue is you cant kill them until the effect ends, which makes sense, but it is annoying when you cant kill them, then they turn on you at the most seemingly random moment.

+1

by BlackstarBSP, Friday, September 23, 2016, 06:25 (2801 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Jolder, because I hate that cooldown.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:45 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Improved DoT resistance

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:58 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This is basically a PvP only artifact, but it's one that will keep me alive. I've been running 3 armor for a while now, and there are some grenades that can 1-shot me only because of the DoT. No longer! Should immediately benefit my game. Full disclosure: I have not played PvP since the xpac came out, so I can't say for sure.

Silimar, just for the (marginally) better stat roll

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:07 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But Jolder's sprint cooldown so rarely affect me (a little hop always cancels the cooldown, in my experience) and we dont know enough about Timur's reliability.

Silimar, just for the (marginally) better stat roll

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:46 (2803 days ago) @ someotherguy

Seems about a 20% chance. I rarely get more than five punches in before something either dies or turns to my side.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:19 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The only minor problem I've seen is that you can sometimes accidentally turn an enemy you need to kill in order or move forward. Then your whole Fireteam has to stand around and wait for that enemy to regain its senses since you can't harm enemies who are on your side! :p

If you have to kill it, give it another few slaps. Knocks them out of it.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 23:51 (2803 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The only minor problem I've seen is that you can sometimes accidentally turn an enemy you need to kill in order or move forward. Then your whole Fireteam has to stand around and wait for that enemy to regain its senses since you can't harm enemies who are on your side! :p

If you have to kill it, give it another few slaps. Knocks them out of it.

Just don't go on autopilot and keep swinging when they snap out of it. Had to wait a full minute to kill one stupid Psion because I accidentally brainwashed it a second time.

-Disciple

first of many dumb questions incoming...

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:37 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How does one get the opportunity to obtain said artifacts?

I haven't played yet today so if it will become obvious to me later, I apologize!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:55 (2803 days ago) @ Oholiab

How does one get the opportunity to obtain said artifacts?

I haven't played yet today so if it will become obvious to me later, I apologize!

You will finish a mission (I forget which one) which will give you a token to allow you to buy one of them.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 18:27 (2803 days ago) @ Oholiab

There is a quest you get from the New Cryptarch Lady in Felwinters peak during the main quest. It requires you to "do noble deeds" in the Plaguelands. Just go there and do anything and everything you can, doesn't take too terribly long. Then you get your item you can trade to her for the artifact.

Got it. Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 02:41 (2803 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Just hit them again to turn back.

by naturl selexion, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:37 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Sprint cooldown.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 23:56 (2803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The crucible doesn't interest me and I like to kill enemies, not make them into friends.

Sprint cooldown is blessing for me

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 22, 2016, 01:46 (2803 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Sprint->slide->shotgun->immediately sprint again? Yes, please!

Sprint cooldown is blessing for me

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:02 (2802 days ago) @ ZackDark

Sprint->slide->shotgun->immediately sprint again? Yes, please!

It also fixes a little bit of the delay after shoulder charge. I can always start sprinting right after shoulder charge no matter what the situation now.

Damn, perhaps I chose poorly.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:43 (2802 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

There are always your other characters.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:49 (2802 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Until we know how to get >3 I'll wait

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:24 (2802 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:28 (2802 days ago) @ someotherguy

What I mean is, if you have three characters, you can do the mission three times and get three unique items/abilities from it.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 23, 2016, 06:35 (2801 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, but we dont know how to get more afrer those initial 3, and Im more interested in the "No Super" and "Third Eye" ones.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread