Happy (Somber) Outbreak Day! Kermit, this is for you... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 26, 2016, 15:19 (2740 days ago)
edited by Korny, Monday, September 26, 2016, 15:30

Today is Outbreak Day for The Last of Us fans (In TLoU, September 26 is the date of the beginning of the game, when the Cordyceps fungus broke quarantine and infected the country. To celebrate the date, Sony is having a pretty neat event, which includes having TLoU Remastered for $10, a sale on all TLoU merch, as well as this Mondo poster (hand numbered and signed):

[image]
It bothers me that those are moths, and not fireflies, but I get why they went with moths.

Anyway, yeah, great stuff. If you haven't picked up TLoU for whatever crazy reason (Looking at you, Jackie), this is as good as it gets.

Happy (Somber) Outbreak Day! Kermit, this is for you...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 16:32 (2739 days ago) @ Korny

Technically, they aren't even moths. Moths wings at rest lay flat, a butterflies lay upwards (the one in the lower left of the image has a posture of a butterfly, not a moth).

This is some hybrid moth/butterfly abomination.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 17:03 (2739 days ago) @ BeardFade

Technically, they aren't even moths. Moths wings at rest lay flat, a butterflies lay upwards (the one in the lower left of the image has a posture of a butterfly, not a moth).

I think it's the angle of the moth (might be mid-flap). Either way, your statements aren't entirely accurate...

[image] [image]

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 17:10 (2739 days ago) @ Korny

I think it's the angle of the moth (might be mid-flap). Either way, your statements aren't entirely accurate...

[image] [image]

As with any "rule" in the animal kingdom there are exceptions, but for the majority of cases moths either lay their wings flat against their backs or out flat from their sides.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 16:40 (2739 days ago) @ Korny

Today is Outbreak Day for The Last of Us fans (In TLoU, September 26 is the date of the beginning of the game, when the Cordyceps fungus broke quarantine and infected the country. To celebrate the date, Sony is having a pretty neat event, which includes having TLoU Remastered for $10, a sale on all TLoU merch, as well as this Mondo poster (hand numbered and signed):

[image]
It bothers me that those are moths, and not fireflies, but I get why they went with moths.

Anyway, yeah, great stuff. If you haven't picked up TLoU for whatever crazy reason (Looking at you, Jackie), this is as good as it gets.

I found out about the poster at around 1 pm and they were sold out. :(

I've gotten lucky with Mondo posters only once.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread