Rise Of Iron Soundtrack: Thoughts on the music? (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 26, 2016, 18:15 (2758 days ago)

With the first week of RoI coming to a close. How does everyone feel about the music?

Personally, I've really enjoyed the music and the overall vibe it gives off (space steam punk?). My favorite song on the sound track is #10 Siege Engine. It brings back a nostalgic vibe of Halo 2 for me. Just some awesome rock goodness.

Rise Of Iron Soundtrack: Thoughts on the music?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, September 26, 2016, 18:18 (2758 days ago) @ unoudid

i haven't bought the sound track yet, but from just what i've heard in game, i love the use of Brass in this soundtrack.

Rise Of Iron Soundtrack: Thoughts on the music?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, September 26, 2016, 18:23 (2758 days ago) @ unoudid

Really enjoying the music so far. I don't find it quite as memorable as my favorite game soundtacks, but that could be said for most of Destiny as well. Overall though, I think it is great.

Forgot to turn music back on, missed pretty much all of it.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 26, 2016, 18:42 (2758 days ago) @ unoudid

With the first week of RoI coming to a close. How does everyone feel about the music?

Personally, I've really enjoyed the music and the overall vibe it gives off (space steam punk?). My favorite song on the sound track is #10 Siege Engine. It brings back a nostalgic vibe of Halo 2 for me. Just some awesome rock goodness.

I was so used to playing the game with as little audio as possible, that I didn't realize the absence of music throughout. When I replayed the Gjallarhorn missions, the addition of music made a huge difference in how the experience felt.

Unfortunately, I've been running the Raid with hardly any audio, so I've been missing out on quite a bit there too, I imagine...

"Early" verdict, it sounds neat, but far too many tracks sound awfully familiar to other tunes that I've heard elsewhere.

Also really enjoying it

by Oholiab @, Monday, September 26, 2016, 19:33 (2758 days ago) @ unoudid

I agree that it captures and enhances the flavor of the expansion themes. Musically, I like it better than TTK.

Personally, the heavy guitar reprisals feel a bit out of place, but I'm sure others will disagree.

Why were there 2 downloads in differing sizes?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 01:50 (2758 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 02:18

On the download page why were there 2 downloads in differing sizes?
1 x .zip @ 1.35GB
1 x .zip @ 1.29GB

I downloaded both, the difference in size appears to be in the .pdf liner notes???

In the .pdf there is an interesting notation above the title on the track listing page
DSTNY:OS:ROI:78:38:00. Same on both .pdf no blatant visual differences between the 2 .pdf's

78:38 must be the total run time?

Just the PDFs

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 03:04 (2758 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I ran a diff on the directories. It's just the PDF. I think one is accidentally uncompressed or something.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread