This Week on Destiny... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 12:03 (2767 days ago)

The Nightfall is Winter’s Run Reduxicated.

Modifiers: Epic, Airborne, Chaff, Small Arms, and Berserk.
Icarus becomes a good perk all of a sudden...

The Heroic playlist modifiers: Small Arms, Ironclad, and Solar Burn.
The Horn will blare loudly once more, though you're better off packing a Jade Rabbit or No Time To Explain for the most part

The Artifacts are:
Memory of Felwinter- grants you an extra grenade and melee charge along with boosts to all stats, but removes Super (Good for PvE Strikers or PvP Voidwalkers!).
Memory of Skorri- charges allied Supers much faster if you’re nearby and your Super meter is full (Good for Hard Mode Raids!)
Memory of Perun- highlights enemy Guardians with Supers and enemies with low health (this week's fairly useless artifact!).

Cool. Thanks for the update! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 14:04 (2767 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

This Week on Destiny...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 14:11 (2767 days ago) @ Korny

Do we know yet what the method to buy a second artifact is? The theory last week seemed to be that the "do 15 patrols" quest would simply become available again. I haven't logged on to confirm, though.

This Week on Destiny...

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 14:27 (2767 days ago) @ stabbim

The theory last week seemed to be that the "do 15 patrols" quest would simply become available again.

Reddit says this happens.

This Week on Destiny...

by LostSpartan, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 14:33 (2767 days ago) @ stabbim

You get the "perform noble deeds" quests from Tyra again. Looks like going forward this will be a weekly repeatable quest to eventually get all the artifacts (Unless you do the 3 character method to get 3 in one week instead of just 1.)

This Week on Destiny...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 15:03 (2767 days ago) @ LostSpartan

You get the "perform noble deeds" quests from Tyra again. Looks like going forward this will be a weekly repeatable quest to eventually get all the artifacts

Ah, ok. So it's the REALLY general one, not the 15 patrol beacons one.

(Unless you do the 3 character method to get 3 in one week instead of just 1.)

Heh, if by "3 character method" you mean "happen to play 3 characters anyway," then that's what I'm doing.

Want that Memory of Skorri!

by LostSpartan, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 14:35 (2767 days ago) @ Korny

Perfect for Self-rez Sunsingers and another way to play support with that subclass, especially during the hard raid like you said :)

Or Defenders.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 14:42 (2767 days ago) @ LostSpartan

Hide in the bubble. Get 5 large Orbs of Light. Charge your Super the rest of the way in seconds?

So consider me dumb, but...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 16:34 (2767 days ago) @ Korny

I haven't figured out how you earn artifacts yet. I just got the one from the quest line. Can anyone share the details here?

Been having a hard time getting anyone to do the PvE stuff with me and wouldn't be surprised if that's why I haven't found any of this stuff.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 16:47 (2767 days ago) @ BeardFade

I haven't figured out how you earn artifacts yet. I just got the one from the quest line. Can anyone share the details here?

Been having a hard time getting anyone to do the PvE stuff with me and wouldn't be surprised if that's why I haven't found any of this stuff.

If you do the questline with all three characters, you can pick each different Artifact. Afterwards, each reset will let you pick up a bounty that lets you pick another (I'm assuming also with three characters).

Ahh, thanks!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 17:57 (2767 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:10 (2767 days ago) @ BeardFade

If you are looking to do PvE, I'm your huckleberry.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:34 (2767 days ago) @ Oholiab

If you are looking to do PvE, I'm your huckleberry.

I've actually been visible lately, too. Just saying.

Beard only does PvP, not PvE... Don't trust him

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:35 (2767 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:56 (2767 days ago) @ Kermit

I've actually been visible lately, too. Just saying.

I've seen you! My times of playing have thus far been sporadic, in short bursts, and/or while enjoying the company of my beautiful bride (no mic), so I have mostly been flying solo. Look forward to playing with you soon!

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:14 (2767 days ago) @ BeardFade

As you know, the new Iron Lord Artifacts can be obtained by completing a weekly Shiro bounty. This awards an "Iron Lord Legacy" item that can be turned in to the Fellwinter Cryptarch in exchange for one of the week's 350 LL artifacts. If you complete the bounty on three characters, you can pick up all three artifacts available this week.

Obtaining Light-Levels Artifacts >365:
Artifacts are very common roadblocks to light level increases. There are many opportunities to get light level increases for armor, weapons and ghosts, but light-leveled artifacts are rare. Legendary engrams can not decode any higher than 365 LL, including any that turn into Artifacts. Artifacts aren't available from Vendors, Faction Rank-ups, Exotic Engrams, or Quest/Mission rewards either. Artifacts greater than 365 can only be obtained from Eris Faction Rank-Ups or from Strike Loot chests that require a skeleton key.

Eris Reputation:
Eris requires 3000 reputation to receive a faction rank-up package. Her packages have a chance of including a light-leveled Artifact. If you don't get an artifact, you'll get a light-leveled class item.

The best way to earn Eris reputation is to complete her weekly bounties. Each week, your first Court of Oryx completion will add a new bounty to your guardian that awards 250 Eris reputation when completed. When turned in, it will add a bounty that awards 500 reputation, and that in turn will award 750 reputation when complete. Completing all three bounties will award 1500 reputation, and they can be completed once a week for each character. The remaining Eris reputation you may need can come from completing events at the Court of Oryx. You can earn 500 reputation by completing 10 Reciprocal runes (25 each), 3 Stolen runes (50 each), and 1 Antiquated rune (100 each). You can also gain Eris reputation in the Crota's End raid (25 per chest and 50 per encounter).

Heroic Strike Chests:
After defeating a Strike boss in a strike playlist, a chest will appear that can only be opened using a "Skeleton Key". When opened, the chest awards one item of strike-specific loot, and either a light-leveled class item or light-leveled Artifact.

Each character receives one skeleton key when they complete the Sepiks Perfected strike for the first time in the story. Additional keys are rewarded randomly as Strike completion awards. The drop rate for keys is low - it seems similar to or less than the Taken King drop rate for strike-specific loot. It is believed that the chance for a Skeleton Key to drop increases with the difficulty of the strike (Nightfall having the highest rate) and with the presence of a Strike Streak booster.

When to use:
Hoard your keys and your Eris Reputation rank-up package - these are rare and should only be used when your Artifact light level is holding back your light progression (to maximize their usefulness).

For a brand-new guardian, I would recommend not using Skeleton Keys or Eris until they already had a 365 Artifact (obtained via a legendary engram decryption) and all their other gear was high enough so their light level was 373-374. A light-leveled artifact at that point would immediately raise light level by one, and allow legendaries and exotics to drop up to 380+. I wouldn't use keys or Eris again until all gear was high enough to reach a light level of 382-383.

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:21 (2767 days ago) @ Chappy

As you know, the new Iron Lord Artifacts can be obtained by completing a weekly Shiro bounty. This awards an "Iron Lord Legacy" item that can be turned in to the Fellwinter Cryptarch in exchange for one of the week's 350 LL artifacts. If you complete the bounty on three characters, you can pick up all three artifacts available this week.

Obtaining Light-Levels Artifacts >365:
Artifacts are very common roadblocks to light level increases. There are many opportunities to get light level increases for armor, weapons and ghosts, but light-leveled artifacts are rare. Legendary engrams can not decode any higher than 365 LL, including any that turn into Artifacts. Artifacts aren't available from Vendors, Faction Rank-ups, Exotic Engrams, or Quest/Mission rewards either. Artifacts greater than 365 can only be obtained from Eris Faction Rank-Ups or from Strike Loot chests that require a skeleton key.

Eris Reputation:
Eris requires 3000 reputation to receive a faction rank-up package. Her packages have a chance of including a light-leveled Artifact. If you don't get an artifact, you'll get a light-leveled class item.

The best way to earn Eris reputation is to complete her weekly bounties. Each week, your first Court of Oryx completion will add a new bounty to your guardian that awards 250 Eris reputation when completed. When turned in, it will add a bounty that awards 500 reputation, and that in turn will award 750 reputation when complete. Completing all three bounties will award 1500 reputation, and they can be completed once a week for each character. The remaining Eris reputation you may need can come from completing events at the Court of Oryx. You can earn 500 reputation by completing 10 Reciprocal runes (25 each), 3 Stolen runes (50 each), and 1 Antiquated rune (100 each). You can also gain Eris reputation in the Crota's End raid (25 per chest and 50 per encounter).

Heroic Strike Chests:
After defeating a Strike boss in a strike playlist, a chest will appear that can only be opened using a "Skeleton Key". When opened, the chest awards one item of strike-specific loot, and either a light-leveled class item or light-leveled Artifact.

Each character receives one skeleton key when they complete the Sepiks Perfected strike for the first time in the story. Additional keys are rewarded randomly as Strike completion awards. The drop rate for keys is low - it seems similar to or less than the Taken King drop rate for strike-specific loot. It is believed that the chance for a Skeleton Key to drop increases with the difficulty of the strike (Nightfall having the highest rate) and with the presence of a Strike Streak booster.

When to use:
Hoard your keys and your Eris Reputation rank-up package - these are rare and should only be used when your Artifact light level is holding back your light progression (to maximize their usefulness).

For a brand-new guardian, I would recommend not using Skeleton Keys or Eris until they already had a 365 Artifact (obtained via a legendary engram decryption) and all their other gear was high enough so their light level was 373-374. A light-leveled artifact at that point would immediately raise light level by one, and allow legendaries and exotics to drop up to 380+. I wouldn't use keys or Eris again until all gear was high enough to reach a light level of 382-383.

Heh - this is awesome advice, but I have to tell you - I've gotten 2 skeleton keys, total, after running about 30-40 strikes... and I'm sort of stuck at light level 355. So all this talk of 375+ is pretty funny stuff. ;)

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:32 (2767 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh - this is awesome advice, but I have to tell you - I've gotten 2 skeleton keys, total, after running about 30-40 strikes... and I'm sort of stuck at light level 355. So all this talk of 375+ is pretty funny stuff. ;)

I agree completely - the drop rate is too low (I've gotten 1 key as a drop after 30 or so). That's why I suggest that people hoard their keys (and Eris rep) for maximum benefit. At 355 light with a 355 artifact, you can still get artifacts to drop via the cryptarch by decoding legendaries up to 365. With your 355 artifact, the Vanguard, Crucible and your chosen Faction will award weapons, armor and ghosts up to about 363-364 before that artifact becomes an bottleneck that needs to be improved.

Note: The Nightfall is not currently awarding Keys

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:23 (2767 days ago) @ Chappy

"We are actively investigating an issue where the Winter’s Run Nightfall Strike is not rewarding Skeleton Keys."

Source

They've switched it to SABER to circumvent that now

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 18:41 (2767 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Would rather run Archon Priest and get nothing, tbh.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:05 (2767 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Me too

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:08 (2767 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Have run that Strike far too little for how fun it is. However, there are no burns, so SABER shouldn't be a drag.

Fair point. Is it still airborne/small arms?

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:09 (2767 days ago) @ ZackDark

AKA Universal Remote burn?

Wait, UR counts for Small Arms?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:18 (2767 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Yup.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:25 (2767 days ago) @ ZackDark

Thread from a month ago that made me try it out. link obv

Nah, they removed the grind, remember?

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:08 (2767 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Nah, they removed the grind, remember?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 20:07 (2767 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

[image]

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 19:15 (2767 days ago) @ Chappy

tl;dr

The system sucks and is a horrible step back.

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 20:07 (2767 days ago) @ Chappy

As you know, the new Iron Lord Artifacts can be obtained by completing a weekly Shiro bounty.

I didn't even know this. I've completed a few bounties of his and didn't see anything happen when I turned them in.

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 12:42 (2766 days ago) @ BeardFade

As you know, the new Iron Lord Artifacts can be obtained by completing a weekly Shiro bounty.

I didn't even know this. I've completed a few bounties of his and didn't see anything happen when I turned them in.

It's not a Shiro bounty. It's the "Artifacts of the Iron Lords" (perform good deeds..) quest from Tyra Karn. Takes a while, but you can knock it out while working on Shiro's bounties. And it resets every week, so you can snag all three of Tyra's artifacts.

-Disciple

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:30 (2766 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Sorry - that was my error (probably shouldn't be posting from work, especially with the "Vendors" down on bungie.net). FWIW, the raid counts - I think someone on my team said they almost hit 80% last night just running it.

Obtaining Artifacts >365

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:58 (2766 days ago) @ Chappy

FWIW, the raid counts - I think someone on my team said they almost hit 80% last night just running it.

That is REALLY good to know! Now I wish I hadn't already done this week's quest for my Titan. I suppose I could do Friday's run with my Hunter, but my Titan is way better at just surviving when we're figuring out raid mechanics :)

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread