Finally Played Archon Forge last night (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 13:40 (2765 days ago)

Mal, Red Robber and I played Archon's Forge for nearly an hr last night with one other random fireteam, and I think it was pretty fun. I popped a perfected offering at one point, and we just couldn't get it done, but i think everyone was just too underleveled. I did end up getting the pencil sharpener-looking sniper rifle. Also had my inventory and postmaster full of blue engrams afterwards.

I had a thought last night after playing. Is it possible to start the raid with 6 people, and then leave and go into the patrol areas like with VoG? Would be interesting to see if you could do this to get 6 friends into Archon's Forge.

"Farm" offerings - from reddit

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:30 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

apparently offerings only drop if you don't have one already. while playing archon's forge, fill your consumables up via the app so that you cannot pick any up. This way, you should get several offerings to drop on the ground. As you need them, move a consumable to your vault, grab the offering, use it, and then plug the consumable space back up so more will continue to drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54w9db/when_grinding_archons_forge_leave_siva_offerings/

Not true, iirc

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:43 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

95% sure that during the raid I had a Perfected Offering drop while holding a lower level one, which I quickly deleted to pick up the new one.

Unless of course this only applies to the Forge?

Finally Played Archon Forge last night

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:32 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I had a thought last night after playing. Is it possible to start the raid with 6 people, and then leave and go into the patrol areas like with VoG? Would be interesting to see if you could do this to get 6 friends into Archon's Forge.

It doesn't work. The terminal doesn't work and the domes are down.

I have tried to play it, but most of the time it's empty or just one other person showed up. We spent our offerings then sat around waiting for other people because we didn't get any more to drop. Every time I have just given up and went somewhere else.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:40 (2765 days ago) @ bluerunner

I have tried to play it, but most of the time it's empty or just one other person showed up. We spent our offerings then sat around waiting for other people because we didn't get any more to drop. Every time I have just given up and went somewhere else.

When you need to find another in-use instance (where other fireteams are already present and hopefully have offerings to use), try going down into the Warrens. Kill everything there and then crouch-walk back to the forge; I usually enter a new populated instance that way.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:14 (2765 days ago) @ Chappy

When you need to find another in-use instance (where other fireteams are already present and hopefully have offerings to use), try going down into the Warrens. Kill everything there and then crouch-walk back to the forge; I usually enter a new populated instance that way.

That's what I tried, but no luck so far.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 16:45 (2765 days ago) @ bluerunner

If you are in a fireteam, send two folks out to patrol around for then and one person waits and calls the other two back if other folks show up. It usually results in an offering about every 7-10 minutes for us.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:41 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Mal, Red Robber and I played Archon's Forge for nearly an hr last night with one other random fireteam, and I think it was pretty fun. I popped a perfected offering at one point, and we just couldn't get it done, but i think everyone was just too underleveled. I did end up getting the pencil sharpener-looking sniper rifle. Also had my inventory and postmaster full of blue engrams afterwards.

I did a 2 perfected runs with a couple buddies and 3 randos. Still couldn't kill the guy in time. Of course we were like 340-345 range so that doesn't surprised me, but it was hard!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:52 (2765 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

My very first offering was a perfected one. Tried the same thing ourselves last night and also failed. We just couldn't do damage fast enough. Maybe next time.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:50 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Mal, Red Robber and I played Archon's Forge for nearly an hr last night with one other random fireteam, and I think it was pretty fun. I popped a perfected offering at one point, and we just couldn't get it done, but i think everyone was just too underleveled. I did end up getting the pencil sharpener-looking sniper rifle.

But Not Forgotten is a pretty great rifle. Spindle-class (more impact than Eirene), it's definitely helpful during the raid if you're running a Gjallarhorn or other exotic weapon.

Those Perfected ones are a pain

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:54 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Raga and I played last night for quite a while with 4 randos and at one point a perfected offering was put in. I jumped into the pit as it opened to do the typical smash and finish method only to be curb stomped by the perfected captain or whatever they were. We managed to finish the perfected offering with around 4 seconds left. That was an awesome time.

Those Perfected ones are a pain

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:24 (2765 days ago) @ unoudid

Wow. Was it that little time left?! I was too busy trying to keep everyone (including myself) alive! And I failed a good bit at that. At one point I put down a bubble and got only sorta kinda near the boss with my overshield fully up and got one stomped at pretty much maximum outer edge of stomp range.

I had a fireteam that did perfected captain

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:32 (2765 days ago) @ unoudid

Just that fireteam + me and we completed it with 45 seconds to spare! I couldn't believe how easy it was, but they must have been really high level or something.

The difference between purple and blue offerings is insane

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:55 (2765 days ago) @ unoudid

Me and a single other friend could usually wipe out the boss(es) in the blue offering within a second of their dome opening up, but could barely even scratch the purple boss.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:31 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

You could all go into the patrol area at the same time, then head to archon's forge and hope a couple of you get in the same instance by sheer luck. Then just invite the rest to your fireteams.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 16:21 (2765 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

You could all go into the patrol area at the same time, then head to archon's forge and hope a couple of you get in the same instance by sheer luck. Then just invite the rest to your fireteams.

what's the max that you can have in an instance?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 18:38 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

what's the max that you can have in an instance?

No idea, might just be limited by the number of people you are lucky enough to get in the same instance.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread