Hotfix deployed (AKA, RIP Omnigul farming) (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:20 (2759 days ago)

On the bright side, Archon's Forge should be easier to do.

2.4.0.3 - The one about Strikes.

Activities
Strikes
-Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
-Fixed an issue where the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
-Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist
-Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards
Archon's Forge
-Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity
-Archon’s Forge has a higher chance to drop Offerings upon completion

Items
-Fixed an issue where players who completed the "Beauty in Destruction" Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn
-Players can retrieve their Gjallarhorn from the Weapon Blueprint Collection on the Year 1 tab
-Fixed an issue where Vanguard Reputation Boosters were not working in the SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist

From Bungie>

Can omigul be killed in the 1st Dark below mission?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:35 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

The one where you basically run the septiks strike backwards? She always runs after a certain amount of damage, but what if you tether her?

by petetheduck, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:42 (2759 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

The one where you basically run the septiks strike backwards? She always runs after a certain amount of damage, but what if you tether her?

The farm was because it was a strike boss you could kill repeatedly to trigger loot that drops in high level strikes. There's nothing special about omnigul to make farming her work anywhere else in the game.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:59 (2759 days ago) @ petetheduck

The farm was because it was a strike boss you could kill repeatedly to trigger loot that drops in high level strikes. There's nothing special about omnigul to make farming her work anywhere else in the game.

i didn't know if the loot was tied to the strike, or to the character.

Hotfix deployed (AKA, RIP Omnigul farming)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:53 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

Archon's Forge
-Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity

I really hope this means I'll be seeing more players in the Forge now. I had a blast completing a Perfected Vandal offering last night with a group of randoms. But even with four people in the Forge, no one ever got an extra offering to drop. So we did four rounds, waited around to see if another fireteam might drop by, then parted ways.

Items
-Fixed an issue where players who completed the "Beauty in Destruction" Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn

I have to believe that somewhere out there is the unluckiest year 1 Guardian who never got the original Gjallarhorn to drop and then didn't even get it after completing the year 3 quest :p

-Disciple

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:02 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I really hope this means I'll be seeing more players in the Forge now. I had a blast completing a Perfected Vandal offering last night with a group of randoms. But even with four people in the Forge, no one ever got an extra offering to drop. So we did four rounds, waited around to see if another fireteam might drop by, then parted ways.

This is unfortunate. I've been having better luck this week with Forge droppings. Last night, I even tried the 'fill your Consumables slots to keep the system dropping offerings' trick, and it worked... but then the API died (I'm guessing in order to implement the hotfix) and suddenly I couldn't OPEN a slot to pick up the two that had dropped. :)

(I ended up having to simply discard a Skyburners Access Key - no really big loss, but still. ;) )

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:49 (2759 days ago) @ Claude Errera

but then the API died (I'm guessing in order to implement the hotfix) and suddenly I couldn't OPEN a slot to pick up the two that had dropped. :)

Hmmm... Last night I was trying to transfer some 3oC with the mobile app during the last room of a strike and it just would NOT go for several minutes. Wonder if that was the same time.

I may have gotten Kermit and Duncan killed waiting around for that...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:03 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Archon's Forge

i've wasted two perfected offerings so far. both times had 5 ppl and we just couldn't get it done. hopefully these new drop rates help.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:11 (2759 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Archon's Forge

i've wasted two perfected offerings so far. both times had 5 ppl and we just couldn't get it done. hopefully these new drop rates help.

Yours is not the first post that mentions this. I did 3 perfected runs successfully last night, with a group of 4 (me and 3 randos) - I'm not very good. (I WAS working pretty hard at not dying, which makes a pretty big difference in the time you have to take down the boss... but in general, I'm a middling player.) I guess i just got lucky with the randos?

I'd go back and look at their light levels... except I can't find any place that actually archives Forge fights. :(

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:29 (2759 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yours is not the first post that mentions this. I did 3 perfected runs successfully last night, with a group of 4 (me and 3 randos) - I'm not very good. (I WAS working pretty hard at not dying, which makes a pretty big difference in the time you have to take down the boss... but in general, I'm a middling player.) I guess i just got lucky with the randos?

I'd go back and look at their light levels... except I can't find any place that actually archives Forge fights. :(

I've had a handful of near misses before this one, but I was still around 350 light for those. Running it last night at 365, I was doing a much better job of just surviving (I think I only had to be revived once while the other players were dropping like flies), and I was doing a lot more damage. At one point I actually stopped damaging the boss to go res the rest of the group before finishing him off. I think you get resurrected and still get rewards if you're dead when the boss drops, but, just in case, I'd rather not take the chance of screwing over the other players by killing him when I'm the only one alive :p

-Disciple

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:36 (2759 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Biggest key I've seen so far is making sure you get the axes. Other than that I haven't had too many issues.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 17:54 (2759 days ago) @ Xenos

Biggest key I've seen so far is making sure you get the axes. Other than that I haven't had too many issues.

Yeah. Step 1 is survive until you can trigger the axes. Step 2 is grab the ax and kill dudes till the boss appears. Step 3 is to have two people wail away at the boss with the ax while the third kills ads.

Except for Perfected Servitor

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:23 (2759 days ago) @ Xenos

Bastard has a stomp attack...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:29 (2759 days ago) @ ZackDark

Bastard has a stomp attack...

So does the Captain actually. Key with those to is to still used the sword, but use it as a ranged attack, don't slam it directly on him.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:37 (2759 days ago) @ Xenos

Got a good kick out of spamming Gjallarhorns, Tethers and Viking Funeral shared between about 6 or 7 Guardians. :p

Seriously, though, they have a LOT of health. Come prepared.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:38 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I have to believe that somewhere out there is the unluckiest year 1 Guardian who never got the original Gjallarhorn to drop and then didn't even get it after completing the year 3 quest :p

From the way it's worded I assume it unlocks regardless of if you had it in year 1 after you finish the quest.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:50 (2759 days ago) @ Xenos

From the way it's worded I assume it unlocks regardless of if you had it in year 1 after you finish the quest.

That's the way it was supposed to work, but from the hotfix notes, it looks like there were a few unlucky Guardians who went through the trouble of forging their new toy, and then weren't actually able to get it. I just thought it would be hilariously awful if at least one of these people also happened to be someone who cursed RNG for the entirety of year 1 because they never got one to drop. :p

-Disciple

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:55 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That's the way it was supposed to work, but from the hotfix notes, it looks like there were a few unlucky Guardians who went through the trouble of forging their new toy, and then weren't actually able to get it. I just thought it would be hilariously awful if at least one of these people also happened to be someone who cursed RNG for the entirety of year 1 because they never got one to drop. :p

Ah, took me a few minutes, but I get it, haha. "Yes I finally will have Gjallahorn! Wait... where is it?"

I thought you were saying they had to have the blueprint already for the fix to work.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 17:13 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Disciple

i wonder if their inventory was full when they ran the last mission?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 17:55 (2759 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

That was what I was thinking. Now I'm curious as to exactly what happened when someone tried to pick it up when their heavy weapons slot was full (probably with green weapons). Did the game just assume it was able to add it to your inventory and equip it?

-DiscipleN

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 18:36 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That was what I was thinking. Now I'm curious as to exactly what happened when someone tried to pick it up when their heavy weapons slot was full (probably with green weapons). Did the game just assume it was able to add it to your inventory and equip it?

-DiscipleN

I can't be certain, but i ran it last night with Midn7ght and i think that when he picked his up, it just gave me mine. I know for a fact that he started the build sequence before i got to that room. So it could be possible that someone didn't get theirs b/c their inventory was full and a fireteam member initiated the pickup.

I had green item in last slot, ghorn delivered to postmaster

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:02 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

It's a lot better.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 22:57 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I just played about 15 rounds with one random. We were regularly picking up offerings. It was much better.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:30 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

-Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist

Ha, was that the PlayStation exclusive strike that was trying to load in XBox playlists?

-Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards

Better warm up the waaahhhmbulance.

Archon's Forge

Good!

Holy crap, really?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread