TWAB - Return of Trials and Iron Banner (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:08 (2759 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45315/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--09292016

Nothing substantial here, aside from some notes about the updated IB:

• The Tempered mechanic is gone – play when you want
  • There are now 4 Weekly Bounties
  • Bounty rewards include:
  • An Iron Banner item not featured on the Vendor
  • A chance at an Iron Banner Artifact or Vanity Item
  • 25 Legendary Marks
  • 750 Iron Banner Reputation
  • Victory in a match grants 250 Reputation
  • Iron Medallions grant 150 Reputation each, upon Victor

there are raid spoilers in the article

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:18 (2759 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

)-:<

Just a description of a boss but I'm not happy I clicked that.

SHIT!

...also a video of a Raid boss at the bottom. :/

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:28 (2759 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Did not scroll that far thankfully.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:29 (2759 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

THE RAID HAS BOSSES?! SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 30, 2016, 01:05 (2759 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

The video actually has major spoilers

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 30, 2016, 01:08 (2759 days ago) @ Funkmon

The biggest "catch" of the encounter is in the video.

It's one hell of a video, though. Thoroughly entertaining.

Some triumph mixed with sadness...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 30, 2016, 02:51 (2759 days ago) @ ZackDark

The biggest "catch" of the encounter is in the video.

It's one hell of a video, though. Thoroughly entertaining.

Yeah. Shame they didn't get the bonus chest, but at least they got the first bit of loot, and if they crafted some keys they can try the encounter again for that chest, so it's not a waste of time... But I love those last-instant saves. If only they had a Self-Rez warlock with them. :P

THE RAID HAS BOSSES?! SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

by ProbablyLast, Friday, September 30, 2016, 01:23 (2759 days ago) @ Funkmon

Does the Death Zamboni have a spoiler?

Life so crazy

Ouch :(

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:28 (2759 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

thanks for the heads up Cody!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:37 (2759 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Now that's just dumb...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:09 (2759 days ago) @ Cody Miller

SHIT!

The Siege Engine has been shown a million times in every trailer. There is zero mention of what the actual encounter entails, so it's nothing even remotely spoilery. To be mad about even knowing the name of it (generic as it is), is just silly.

Now that's just dumb...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:20 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

SHIT!

The Siege Engine has been shown a million times in every trailer. There is zero mention of what the actual encounter entails, so it's nothing even remotely spoilery. To be mad about even knowing the name of it (generic as it is), is just silly.

And I have watched ZERO TRAILERS. It's way better to not know what bosses you will face, and how many there will be. The name implies heavily what kind of boss it would be. It's better as a surprise. Consider other people.

Given that Crota's end had no bosses but the final one, even knowing this is a boss spoils discovery.

Now that's just dumb...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:30 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

SHIT!

The Siege Engine has been shown a million times in every trailer.

That is not true.

It's not a SEVERE spoiler, I'll agree with you there, however it is still one of those things that I wish I didn't see or know existed ahead of time, like the archon and oger eye strike.

More fun to discover yourself.

>There is zero mention of what the actual encounter entails, so it's nothing even remotely spoilery. To be mad about even knowing the name of it (generic as it is), is just silly.

To each his own, korny.

Now that's just dumb...

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 21:18 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

To be fair, that has been complained about on this forum every time it was shown in a trailer.

One other thing of note

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:36 (2759 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Destiny Player Support confirms that Heroic strikes not counting towards your RoI book is unintended. Hopefully we'll get a fix sooner rather than later.

One other thing of note

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 19:54 (2759 days ago) @ Xenos

Sounds like I will be waiting on the fix! Thanks for the heads up.

Trials minimum light level

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 30, 2016, 17:47 (2758 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Has it always been so high? I'm sitting around 280 currently after having equipped gear I don't normally use, if only because I care a little too much about appearances. I was pretty bummed seeing that it required some 330 light just to participate.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 30, 2016, 17:50 (2758 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Has it always been so high? I'm sitting around 280 currently after having equipped gear I don't normally use, if only because I care a little too much about appearances. I was pretty bummed seeing that it required some 330 light just to participate.

330 Light is ridiculously low, I'd say. As a general rule, try to be within 25 Light of the level cap, which is currently 385 (though only the hardcore will be at that point right now). I'd say that 370 is a comfortable zone, though you shouldn't have trouble after reaching 360-365... Of course, results may vary, since I know a guy or two who hate to have to spend even one extra bullet on an enemy than it would take the enemy to drop them...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 30, 2016, 17:57 (2758 days ago) @ Korny

330 Light is ridiculously low, I'd say.

I just started playing again so I supposed I'm not too surprised that I'm well under this threshold. I only have two exotics equipped (One from Xur, one from totally random ass drop) so I would imagine that has something to do with it. Everything else is rare.

As a general rule, try to be within 25 Light of the level cap, which is currently 385 (though only the hardcore will be at that point right now). I'd say that 370 is a comfortable zone, though you shouldn't have trouble after reaching 360-365...

Thank you! :)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 30, 2016, 19:17 (2758 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I just started playing again so I supposed I'm not too surprised that I'm well under this threshold. I only have two exotics equipped (One from Xur, one from totally random ass drop) so I would imagine that has something to do with it. Everything else is rare.

If you have the coins, buy his gauntlets and a chestpiece right now, and use those to infuse into whatever Legendary you pick up soon. It'll be a huge boost to your Light, which in turn improves the Light of all of your subsequent drops, almost guaranteeing that any non-arm/chest loot is higher than whatever you have equipped (Also, buy a Vanguard or Crucible Ghost).

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 30, 2016, 19:25 (2758 days ago) @ Korny

If you have the coins, buy his gauntlets and a chestpiece right now, and use those to infuse into whatever Legendary you pick up soon. It'll be a huge boost to your Light, which in turn improves the Light of all of your subsequent drops, almost guaranteeing that any non-arm/chest loot is higher than whatever you have equipped (Also, buy a Vanguard or Crucible Ghost).

Also, the speaker sells light 350 class items (I think).

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 30, 2016, 20:09 (2758 days ago) @ Korny

I bought the gauntlets he's offering a few hours ago. I also forgot that you can only have one Exotic at a time. So thank you so, so much for reminding me to infuse. As much as I'd love to hold onto all my exotics, these things are hideous.

by Durandal, Monday, October 03, 2016, 13:36 (2756 days ago) @ Korny

I played with two 355s and a 346. Most other teams were red (had significant bonuses) to the 346. We had several teams with the raid exotic.

I think we ended up winning one match out of two cards, and finished half the bounties. Oddly enough, I switched to a fusion rifle and was doing pretty good with it, which was a first.

Still not sure I like the game type, and we got pared with trials die hards with full trials gear and such. I'm sure they enjoyed the easy round 1-3 wins.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread