Surprise; Dark Drinker is better than raze lighter (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 10, 2016, 14:28 (2762 days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btBa5XNliXE

This surprised me quite a bit. It can do 33% more damage while burning a single target.

Raid Spoilers above if that matters to you

by Robot Chickens, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:29 (2762 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Raid Spoilers above if that matters to you

by petetheduck, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:46 (2762 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Raid spoilers have been posted in threads at DBO since the first Raid. There's nothing new about this. People shouldn't read the thread if they want to avoid spoilers.

He mentioned it because there is no indication it's the raid

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 10, 2016, 15:53 (2762 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Yeah, the test is done on the final raid boss. Sorry.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:28 (2762 days ago) @ Funkmon

Given that we are the last group here who hasn't finished, and we've gotten that far, I think it's safe.

No worries. I just didn't want anyone to be surprised.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:31 (2762 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Given that we are the last group here who hasn't finished, and we've gotten that far, I think it's safe.

I'm not that committed to remaining fully pure, but you're not the last...

What Funkmon said. Not a big deal, but just in case. :-)

by Robot Chickens, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:33 (2762 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Semi-related, re:Sleeper v Ghorn

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:49 (2762 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you land all headshots, Black Spindle is still better than both.

So for targets where headshots are awkward or difficult, (e.g. archpriest when he randomly turns round to... Watch tv?) go Sleeper or Horn. When headshots are easy, stick with Spindle.

Surprise; Dark Drinker is better than raze lighter

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, October 10, 2016, 19:54 (2761 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Apologies if this is covered in the video, because I haven't watched it (and won't, yet, since I haven't run the raid), but are both swords set the same as far as damage perks? There is one that increases damage for the RT attack, I think.

If they are, then perhaps they have different rates of attack? I guess I never really tested, but I assumed they attacked at the same speed. Maybe not?

If both of those explanations fail, then I'd consider this a bug. I mean, it seems like an obvious balance decision that Raze-Lighter should do the most damage, since of the 3 exotic swords it's the only one limited to a single target (and also has no range to speak of).

Surprise; Dark Drinker is better than raze lighter

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, October 10, 2016, 20:05 (2761 days ago) @ stabbim

This post has a numbers breakdown. The only spoiler in the OP is a boss name.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/56t4w7/dattos_video_on_comparing_swords_vs_sleeper/

Nah, it's reasonably predictable

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 10, 2016, 20:09 (2761 days ago) @ stabbim

It might spoil you as to how the boss is in detail to explain why, though.

Nah, it's reasonably predictable

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, October 10, 2016, 23:16 (2761 days ago) @ ZackDark

Ah, OK so the behavior is specific to a particular boss then? Guess I didn't quite understand that.

Somewhat, yes

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 10, 2016, 23:30 (2761 days ago) @ stabbim

I can think of a feel other circumstance elsewhere in the game where it would also reflect this, but yeah, vary rare circumstance that makes perfect sense for the Dark-drinker do more damage.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread