Rise of Iron is cool (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 17:54 (2761 days ago)

I've already said that I didn't think the writing and voice acting are as good as in The Taken King, but I really like this expansion. The art is as amazing as ever, and there's a cohesiveness to how things look and behave, and what is supposed to be happening, storywise.

The drops seem generous, and though I'm already way behind many of you, I feel like I'm always making progress.

The bottom line is it's fun. I had more fun playing Iron Banner than I've ever had playing Iron Banner. I love supremacy. I don't always make the kill but I can make the kill count! And speaking of chaotic unpredictable fun, the raid is pretty darn great. If raid mechanics were music, King's Fall would be composed by J.S. Bach. The new raid is more in line with John Coltrane. Great stuff.

Thanks, Bungie!

Kerm

P.S. Looking forward to jumping back on the PS4!

+1

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 18:10 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

Stick with the Xbox crowd ;)

+2

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 18:12 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

I look forward to playing w/ you!

+3

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 18:45 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

The drops seem generous, and though I'm already way behind many of you, I feel like I'm always making progress.

Having all characters maxed out, I hopped on to Sammy's account to play on her Titan last night, which wasn't even level 40 yet (Still picking up House of Wolves quests). In only a few hours, it was already a Rank 5 in Iron Banner, With a shiny Clever Dragon to boot. Generous doesn't begin to describe RoI. :v

The bottom line is it's fun. I had more fun playing Iron Banner than I've ever had playing Iron Banner. I love supremacy. I don't always make the kill but I can make the kill count!

Same, same, same, and same.

Supremacy IB was a fun, fast-paced scramble on par with Mayhem Clash. Here's hoping it comes back, Supremacy is pretty much the highlight of Destiny PvP right now.

And speaking of chaotic unpredictable fun, the raid is pretty darn great. If raid mechanics were music, King's Fall would be composed by J.S. Bach. The new raid is more in line with John Coltrane. Great stuff.

I've been struggling to manage my time in Destiny this week. Between IB, Raiding, laid-back Trials, Archon's Forge, and the Exotic Pulse Rifle quest, there's just so much stuff to do. Glad to be hopping back into a slow week before Festival of the Lost. I was on the verge of Destiny overload...

Thanks, Bungie!

Kerm

Looking forward to see you back home. ;)

+3

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 01:05 (2761 days ago) @ Korny

I've been struggling to manage my time in Destiny this week. Between IB, Raiding, laid-back Trials, Archon's Forge, and the Exotic Pulse Rifle quest, there's just so much stuff to do. Glad to be hopping back into a slow week before Festival of the Lost. I was on the verge of Destiny overload...

Rise of Iron was the perfect time for me to jump back in. It's been out for what, like three weeks already? Never have I found myself bored on the game's accord.

+4

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 19:00 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

My only regret is that I've been too busy to raid and it won't let up for at least a couple more weeks.

+0101

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 19:36 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

Aw shit. I think I broke it. :P

+0110

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:46 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by petetheduck, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 22:23 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 00:36 (2761 days ago) @ petetheduck

I spent waaaay too long trying to figure out what base-numbering scheme that was. Well played.

The best number by far

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 12:08 (2760 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 01:00 (2761 days ago) @ Kermit

Oops, sorry unsigned int wrap around.

How could you?!

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 06:11 (2761 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

As a programmer, I feel trolled. Not replying. ;)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 14:47 (2760 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Looks like you took a byte anyway.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 17:52 (2760 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread