Now that we've played a ridiculous amount of Supremacy... (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 19:22 (2761 days ago)
edited by BeardFade, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 19:26

... I'd like to start a thread where we love or hate on it.

I personally would be happy to never play it ever again.

I'm just no good at it. I don't play the game hyper-aggressively, I can't whip shotguns around 180 degrees and Matador or Party Crash you to death (I play sensitivity 4, I think, and it's just too slow once your within a couple meters of a person. Half the time I can't find the person once they've jumped/slid into my periphery). I play a lot as a Gunslinger and Nightstalker and our melees are just complete weak sauce compared to every other melee out there. I don't like running around the map as fast as I possibly can the entire game. I had a lot of games where I'd have a decent K/D but only pick up 3 or 4 crests because I just don't engage people at close ranges often.

It's just not for me.

In fact, the only way I would find Supremacy interesting is if you REMOVED shotguns from the game type. Maybe even fusion rifles. Then again, I've made a post saying everyone should have a sidearm as their CQC weapon.

So... why do you love it? Why do you hate it? How does it or does it not fit your play style? How does it feel as a team game? As a solo game? Let's hear it.

Oh great, here we go again...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 19:41 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Korny, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 19:50

... I'd like to start a thread where we love or hate on it.

You may have been gone the past week or two, but...

Tl;dr, Either folks understand the gametype and love it, or they hate shotgunners and hate it.

Few (if any) fall in the middle ground where they enjoy running around with teammates, or have fun hanging back while teammates pick up their crests.

I personally would be happy to never play it ever again.

I personally wish that it would be the default Iron Banner gametype. Yay opinions!

I'm just no good at it. I don't play the game hyper-aggressively, I can't whip shotguns around 180 degrees and Matador or Party Crash you to death (I play sensitivity 4, I think, and it's just too slow once your within a couple meters of a person. Half the time I can't find the person once they've jumped/slid into my periphery).

Fun fact, I only ever play hyper-aggressively (even while sniping), and I play at sensitivity 4. What's more, I play as a floaty Warlock, so I tend to die to shotgunners. A lot. My recommendation is to use Trespasser if you have one. If you've got a shotgunner coming at you, you've got a faster TTK than almost any primary (save for a TLW), and you're guaranteed ammo on spawn. Otherwise most sidearms will do the job (I've fallen in love with the Iron Banner sidearm with extended mag and Crowd Control)

I play a lot as a Gunslinger and Nightstalker and our melees are just complete weak sauce compared to every other melee out there.

BladeDancer melee, maybe, but the Gunslinger and Nightstalker melees were really annoying (especially the Toxin Smoke grenades). Don't sell your class short.

I don't like running around the map as fast as I possibly can the entire game. I had a lot of games where I'd have a decent K/D but only pick up 3 or 4 crests because I just don't engage people at close ranges often.

Same. But it's a team game. I had moments where I simply hung back and let my Scout rifles do the talking when I saw teammates running towards the fray. Coordination and communication is key.

It's just not for me.

And that's fair. It's a very different gametype than anything in Destiny, and rewards completely different strategies. Being MLGnoscopes360 won't get you far, and that's one thing that I love about it.

In fact, the only way I would find Supremacy interesting is if you REMOVED shotguns from the game type. Maybe even fusion rifles. Then again, I've made a post saying everyone should have a sidearm as their CQC weapon.

As a Trespasser man, I can dig this.
As a sniper... I can also dig this.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 20:51 (2761 days ago) @ Korny

Gunslinger and Nightstalker melees (meaning knife stabs, not charged ones) are inherently weaker because they cannot be augmented by a charged melee. These two classes have ranged melees, but the knife requires great accuracy to use well, and smoke takes time to deploy. The Bladedancer outclasses these other two melee-wise because it can stab with it's charged melee.

As for sensitivity, other people may be able to whip it around faster. I'm at a mechanical disadvantage (of my own choosing) in this regard, because I play with Kontrol Freeks, and my right stick is quite tall. It literally takes me longer to move my stick around than other players even at the same sensitivity. It's great for sniping, not so good for running around with shotguns.

As for Sidearms, I love them, but with the re-addition of Matador and Party Crasher to the meta, I frankly found it underwhelming to use them. I couldn't kill someone charging at me fast enough to not get killed by those shotguns, and I'm backpedalling to try and decrease their chance of killing me at range.

My most successful playing was when I was just running around shotgunning like everyone else, it's just not something I enjoyed. I tried a bunch of different things to see if there was a way I would enjoy the type more, but I didn't really find anything.

By the end of the week, I felt like I no longer had a primary that could keep up with everyone's Clever Dragons (I didn't get one and didn't really get any good rolls on Unbent Tree). Frankly, last night, trying to get 12 primary kills in Supremacy was the damn toughest thing ever.

I also am not great with fusion rifles. I don't really know why. I hit people as squarely as I think I can and it only does half damage, whereas I die in one shot to Fusion rifles on a fairly regular basis.

My best way to play is to hang back and support my teammates. It's really hard to do that in supremacy for two reasons. 1) Player movement means almost inevitably that the teams move back and forth across the map in sweeps with the successful team pushing through to the other side. If you're hanging back supporting, you will be left alone soon enough. And 2) with the crazy spawns, some one is bound to spawn behind you and shotgun you if you're trying to support.

Like I said, just not a game type for me. To each their own.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:02 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:09

Gunslinger and Nightstalker melees (meaning knife stabs, not charged ones) are inherently weaker because they cannot be augmented by a charged melee. These two classes have ranged melees, but the knife requires great accuracy to use well, and smoke takes time to deploy. The Bladedancer outclasses these other two melee-wise because it can stab with it's charged melee.

As a fusion rifle player, throwing knife has saved my ass a ton. If you connect with your fusion rifle shot, but don't land enough bolts to kill, you can throw a knife and kill them well before you could charge another shot. Smoke is also insanely annoying and amazing at area control.

I am baffled when you say Blink Strike is better than either of these two if I understand you correctly. What do you mean augmented by a charged melee?

I also am not great with fusion rifles. I don't really know why. I hit people as squarely as I think I can and it only does half damage, whereas I die in one shot to Fusion rifles on a fairly regular basis.

Are you using a fast charging low impact fusion rifle? Those suck. They lack range and their bolts do little damage. A high impact one will kill anybody regardless of armor in 4 of the 7 bolts. If you are consistently not killing, it means you are not landing enough bolts. Either you are beyond the range for you weapon, or the stability is causing bolts to miss. Both are rectified by using a high impact fusion rifle with range or stability upgrades. Most fusion rifles recoil up, so aim for their crotch.

On Fusion Rifles

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:34 (2761 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I, like you, am a proponent of slower-charging, high-impact, high-range Fusions.

But today I had a friend with an incredibly fast-charging FR (The IB one I think?) and he was basically cross-mapping people. I think the only really important stat s are range and stability. The rest is just personal preference.

Saladin's Sigil?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 13:11 (2760 days ago) @ someotherguy

That's the second slowest archetype, I think. Same with Ashraven's Flight, I think. Are there two new IB Fusions?

Saladin's Sigil?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 13:34 (2760 days ago) @ ZackDark

This drops from Archon's Forge.

I managed to get one with Rifled Barrel/Braced Frame, Lightweight/Enhanced Battery, Hot Swap/Rangefinder.

I really want a Saladin's Sigil

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 13:51 (2760 days ago) @ unoudid

I really wanted a Saladin's Sigil. I thought it was an IB drop. Never had one drop
I also never received a Clever Dragon or a Distant Star.
Frustratingly so, I was killed by these three weapons extremely frequently.

The Clever Dragon seemed to have ridiculous range and would take me out in very few bullets.
Saladin's Sigil also seems to have a huge range, while remaining accurate, for a Fusion Rifle

Stat for stat, it's a lot like the Gunsmith's Thesan FR4

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 14:23 (2760 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Slightly slower charge rate on the Sigil, but higher range and stability. Higher aim assist as well. My Thesan has Skip Rounds, though, which I find really good on a Fusion Rifle. Shooting around corners never gets old.

The Branded Lord

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 16:10 (2760 days ago) @ ZackDark

I only have one of these, so it might have dropped somewhere else (Archon's Forge?), but it's got an IB logo on the side of it, and the same general look.

[image]

[image]

The Branded Lord

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 16:21 (2760 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Archon's forge is exactly where I got my Vigil. I like it more than the Branded Lord, personally. I've had it since my 2nd or 3rd Forge run.

Got it, thanks.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 16:47 (2760 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Btw, yours has one hell of a roll.

The Branded Lord

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 17:28 (2760 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I only have one of these, so it might have dropped somewhere else (Archon's Forge?), but it's got an IB logo on the side of it, and the same general look.

[image]

By stats alone this looks pretty sick.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 00:43 (2761 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I thought I was pretty clear that I was regarding melees where you physically strike your opponent. Throwing knives are great (though they demand accuracy) and I love smoke probably more than most, but when you're within a few meters and blink strike would kill a person, but a normal stab wouldn't, blink strike is superior. Plus, there's always that awful scenario where you're 1m from a person and instead of just physically stabbing them, you throw a knife or smoke right at the floor. With a bladedancer, you're guaranteed to try and stab the opponent, whether your melee is charged or not.

Or worse

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 08:51 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

When you're a meter away and try to throw a knife into their skull, but instead you wave your tiny arm around impotently.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 01:02 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

I've played both of those Hunter subclasses and they're equally good for different reasons. I really appreciate the anti-access/area-denial capability of Nightstalker. Gunslinger, of course, can do its typical one and done kill. Unfortunately I use an exotic helmet that relegates Gunslinger to one shot with over-penetration so it's kinda useless against multiple enemies unless you fight like a wolf backed up against the wall.

Honestly the knife seems so pointless in offensive actions. Traveler help you if you try to exclusively knife-attack an enemy. It's like fetch—it's never going to happen.

Bladedancer has fucked me—and my entire fireteam—up so bad.

Why I love it..

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:10 (2761 days ago) @ Korny

I can contribute without aiming my gun.

Now that we've played a ridiculous amount of Supremacy...

by Avateur @, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 20:44 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

It's good stuff. Bungie shouldn't change a thing. I saw snipers used unbelievably effectively in Supremacy, and obviously shotguns are a force of their own. I went into the playlist with four players minimum and six maximum, and it was always a good time. I feel like that playlist would have been horrible if I didn't have that many people with me, and thus I didn't even bother trying it solo or with a group of three or two.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 00:55 (2761 days ago) @ Avateur

It's good stuff. Bungie shouldn't change a thing. I saw snipers used unbelievably effectively in Supremacy, and obviously shotguns are a force of their own. I went into the playlist with four players minimum and six maximum, and it was always a good time. I feel like that playlist would have been horrible if I didn't have that many people with me, and thus I didn't even bother trying it solo or with a group of three or two.

IBS is quite decent going in solo on matchmaking. Should you know the gametype' unique intracacies, the meta, counters, and your own kit, it's just as good as playing with your own fireteam. Even someone like me played some five matches solo, winning each time, and generally scoring in the middle or top of the field.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 20:59 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

I'm not a huge PvP fan, and I certainly don't play hyper-aggressive either, so the first day of IB I HATED it. Absolutely just was left wondering, "why do I play this game? This is not FUN."

Then I played a bit more with larger fireteams, and opened up my tactics a bit - I still can't hold my own with most of the slide-shottys out there, but I discovered the IB fusion rifle is quite effective at keeping them away from me, provided I keep an eye on my radar and watch my corners. I DID have to pick up my game a bit, in terms of reaction time - you have to engage or retreat IMMEDIATELY, there's no time to ponder mid-fight. Plan your attack and execute. Keep doing that until it doesn't work, then immediately reroute.

By the end of IB Week I discovered that you don't have to play hyper-aggressive to have fun, and even WIN; but it takes a BUNCH more active communication, coordination and tactics to do so. I actually think Supremecy is one of the MORE tactically-inclined gametypes, because basic Rambo-run-n-gun will NOT always take the points.

I can definitely see myself playing more PvP with Supremecy on the palate - only with friends though. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:43 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

I play a lot as a Gunslinger and Nightstalker and our melees are just complete weak sauce compared to every other melee out there

Defenders have a shorter range melee than any Hunter melee, charged or uncharged. Worse, Defenders get absolutely nothing until a kill... which is just super when Warlocks punch at beyond Shotgun ranges and Hunters have all kinds of deadly ranged attacks. Not really sure what your complaint is in regard to charged vs uncharged Hunter melees either... Unless I'm mistaken, and aside from Backstab, you do the same amount of damage in the Crucible if you connect with any close range (knife stab) melee attack, charged or not.

As for Supremacy itself, its odd. I do fairly well k/d wise (probably because I Dreg's Promise all the shotgun charging fools left and right) but usually get under 10 points in either of the two crest columns on the score screen. So, while I feel I'm playing well, I usually come last or second to last on the scorecard and it feels kinda weird. Like, I don't think my being there has really decided too many games.

It's also... interesting... how well or badly Supremacy games tend to go. I had a few memorable last second wins and losses over the week but very few actual comebacks. You just don't get that 2x or 3x multiplier like you can with Control which means if you're 10 points behind your entire team has to play spectacularly (getting the kills without dying) AND smartly (picking up enemy crests without dying) to make up even one point of ground. I think I like the actual moment to moment gameplay well enough... its fun to deny a few friendly crests and dart around a corner before the enemy can kill me... but the gameplay also very much lends itself to blowouts.

I guess... overall... I think it's an ok mode but I probably like Control's mechanics a little more.

Minor: Bladedancer can 1HK with Blink Strike on the "back"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:55 (2761 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:41 (2761 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I play a lot as a Gunslinger and Nightstalker and our melees are just complete weak sauce compared to every other melee out there

Defenders have a shorter range melee than any Hunter melee, charged or uncharged. Worse, Defenders get absolutely nothing until a kill... which is just super when Warlocks punch at beyond Shotgun ranges and Hunters have all kinds of deadly ranged attacks. Not really sure what your complaint is in regard to charged vs uncharged Hunter melees either... Unless I'm mistaken, and aside from Backstab, you do the same amount of damage in the Crucible if you connect with any close range (knife stab) melee attack, charged or not.

I actually think throwing knife and smoke are my favorite melees in the game. I will say however (and I have no idea if this is what BeardFace is talking about) that the lunge on the uncharged Hunter melees is really annoying. With Warlocks, charged or not, it's an energy burst that hits them, and with Titans, while it's short range, I've very rarely had a whiff unexpectedly (unless you take blinking and rolling into the equation). With Hunters on the other hand, you have to do a lunge to hit with the melee, and the game sucks at calculating when it should lunge instead of using your charged melee, and your character can get caught on almost any geometry as well. The number of times I have a charged melee, but instead completely whiff because the game decided incorrectly that I was in melee range is infuriating.

The worst example of this I've had is having a table or low wall between me and the enemy, and the game decided I was close enough (which I would've been without the obstruction) so instead of throwing my charged melee like I expect, it instead lunges and smacks agains the obstruction.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 00:46 (2761 days ago) @ Xenos

Part of my complaint is the charged vs just hit the damn guy melees. Nothing worse than unintentionally wasting a smoke or knife when it won't hit the opponent anyways.

Minor suggestion

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:31 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

I don't know if captured and denied crests are scored differently...

but for goodness' sake, don't color them differently. You're encouraging people who don't understand the gametype to ignore the blue ones. Make them all the same color and worth the same (if they aren't already).

Minor suggestion

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:32 (2761 days ago) @ narcogen

I don't know if captured and denied crests are scored differently...

but for goodness' sake, don't color them differently. You're encouraging people who don't understand the gametype to ignore the blue ones. Make them all the same color and worth the same (if they aren't already).

They are not, denied crests don't get you anything, just stop the enemy from scoring.

Though they're "worth" 2

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:35 (2761 days ago) @ Xenos

To the enemy. Deny those crests people!

+1

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:41 (2761 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

+2*

by petetheduck, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 00:03 (2761 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 00:14 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

I think Supremacy promotes a fun playstyle and have enjoyed it a lot. It is such a contrast from the typical snoozefest in other non-mayhem game modes that I actually looked forward to running IB on all 3 characters.

I do wish the score limit was a little lower, as a lot of my matches tended to either go the full time or end with <30 seconds left. But I'm fine with it.

I love it

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:58 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

So... why do you love it? Why do you hate it? How does it or does it not fit your play style? How does it feel as a team game? As a solo game? Let's hear it.

I've always loved objective based PvP playlists though. Control & Salvage (now that it's fixed) and even Rift if on a team of 6. Back in Halo Reach/4 I preferred objective based games, or Swat. I HATE CoD games, but when I have played I always preferred Kill Confirm for CoD.

You just have to go with the gametype and understand you are playing a hyper aggressive gametype where you need to get up in people's faces in order to succeed. I pretty much ran The Last Word and a Full Auto Matador over IB. Embrace your inner run and gunner and just have some fun.

I play on the default sensitivity (3?) and have never really had an issue. For supremacy I have taken to being in the air a lot more than normal. This is because when playing in such close quarters with enemies jumping tends to throw people off and give you valuable seconds to get an advantage on an enemy. Slide Shotgunning and Jump Shotgunning has been a blast. I've been running Striker/Blade Dancer/Storm Caller as my subclasses as I feel they give the best advantages for my play style.

Works best as a Team gametype. If you are running solo, just stick to your teammates as best as you can and make sure to grab those crests.

First glance I disliked, now like. Has Pros and Cons.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 14:45 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Hated it at first. Loved it by the end

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 14:47 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

I used a fusion rifle/hand cannon combo and it really just seemed to click for me by the end. I also tried out the artifact that gives you two melees and two grenades at the cost of a super. That was really fun. Toss a grenade, finish them off with the hand cannon. Or lead with a fusion and if that doesn't kill, toss a scatter grenade and run around the corner.

This gametype is perfect for setting up flanks. Teams often set up shop and shoot at each other until a big enough sway in power has occurred where they can collect crests. Going invisible keeps you off the radar and able to flank.

I promise, most of my kills didn't come from shotguns this time (stupid nerfing of universal).

This might be my new favorite gametype.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 16:33 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

There are some notable issues. Primary among them being the use of "Clash Spawns." I don't like the ereatic nature and unpredictable spawns for my personal spawning. And sometimes the enemies spawning in illogical places are worse. I would think it should weight the spawns farthest from combat first, to allow ebb and flow with calms for seizing, but that does not appear to be how it works. Also, seeing friendlies spawn in surrounded by the enemy team we just wiped (i.e., they spawned with them) is baffling

On special weapons however I don't agree for the most part. There are enough gametypes already that over-reward sniping compared to the other special weapons. I appreciate the flip. I will say that I think that it would benefit as a gametype overall to spawn with only primary, but special bricks are dropped from enemies and Special drops are treated more like mini-heavy rounds. That way at predetermined intervals maybe at 3-4 places on a map special spawns and either breaks up or focuses combat. If you want shotggun all the time you can use Invective, but you have to survive long enough for the perk to proc. Sidearms now also have a distinct spawn-in advantage.

Other than that? Some maps were definitely better than others for the gametype. And many people seeming to miss core concepts were frustrating. Also anytime someone was lagging and you couldn't grab their crest. Some edges need to be Ironed out, but it's a lot of fun to mix up objectives and not have to resort to playing Clash.

I like the idea of not spawning with special

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 18:26 (2760 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Makes sidearms even better :)

Wasn't that a thing for a while?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 18:42 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

Maybe that was just Inferno? I definitely remember playing Twilight Gap and not having any special on spawn.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 18:49 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

Makes sidearms even better :)

If no special it should mean no special.... including sidearms.

With that said, If I die while empty of shotgun ammo and miss the special drop, I'll switch to a sidearm until it's close to special ammo again.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 20:40 (2760 days ago) @ unoudid

Sidearms don't have an option to OHK, and you would only get the default spawn-in ammount. What is that, 18 rounds? It provides a benefit for he delesction. And if you choose to hop into a menu to chain up for special, it is no different than folks who do that with heavy.

And even if a sidearm is scary up close, it eliminates some of the "I can't react" complaints about Shotguns/Fusions and the general limit keeps it from being an all-snipers game like some modes tend to feel.

At least that is my thought process.

Right there with ya. Only did it for the gear.

by BlackstarBSP, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 17:49 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Loved it.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 17:58 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

I love Supremacy. I also think you're playing it wrong.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 19:09 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

Based purely on your description, it sounds like you're taking a weapon you don't like into CQC situations you're not comfortable in and then getting upset when it doesn't work out the way you want. I suggest playing to your strengths. Just as grabbing enemy crests is important, so is picking up friendly ones. Every team needs 2-3 people who hang back a bit, teamshoot the enemy, and also pick up any friendly crests that may drop.

Change your priority from attacking the enemy to helping your teammates. Spawn in and run to the nearest green dot on your radar. Shoot the guys he's shooting at, pick up his crest if he dies. The enemy may kill both of you, but they'll still only get credit for one kill.

And let's talk guns. Even though I run my shotgun in Supremacy, it's not my first option. I very much prefer to hang back a bit and light 'em up with my hand cannon. Got a buddy? You can both pull the trigger once, and if one of you gets a LitC proc, the enemy dies.

For the record, I think the throwing knife is the second best melee in the game (behind stormcaller absurd range melee). Remember how I mentioned LitC earlier? Your throwing knife does more damage than that. One shot from your HC, throw a knife. Rinse, repeat ad nauseum. Plus you can assume everyone is running a shotgun. Which means a fusion rifle will mop them the hell up.

On a more general note for all crucible: You may not be using your jump effectively. I strongly encourage you to watch some streamer vids and notice how often they're airborne. That's how they avoid corner camping shotgunners and hard-scoping snipers. Jumping is also often the easiest and fastest way to change your direction while moving, throwing off enemy aim and allowing you to create distance when you lose track of someone else's movement. Sliding is great, too. You should try to have your head at "head height" as little as possible.

The TL;DR is just to play to your strengths, use the weapons you like best, and don't fall prey to the shotgun rushers only mentality of 90% of the Supremacy players I encounter.

On jumping and sliding

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 19:27 (2760 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Making the most of your maneuverability options is 100% the name of the game. If you're not using either Puppeteer or Jumper you're doing it wrong, imo. Puppeteer is particularly invaluable to me - I slide like Im on ice when I'm trying to disengage from an enemy.

I recently went full-tryhard and remapped my PS4 to have Jumper and Puppeteer. It's pretty sweet, though I do have to close menus with my right stick now (and lock itens with r1? Also I have 2 melee byttons now. Idd).

On jumping and sliding

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 21:27 (2760 days ago) @ someotherguy

Making the most of your maneuverability options is 100% the name of the game. If you're not using either Puppeteer or Jumper you're doing it wrong, imo. Puppeteer is particularly invaluable to me - I slide like Im on ice when I'm trying to disengage from an enemy.

I recently went full-tryhard and remapped my PS4 to have Jumper and Puppeteer. It's pretty sweet, though I do have to close menus with my right stick now (and lock itens with r1? Also I have 2 melee byttons now. Idd).

Hahahah that's great. I'm a bumper Jumper myself. That once change made a dramatic difference in my game. Plus I don't accidentally throw a grenade when I'm trying to super anymore!

Unrelated: Wow my fat-thumbing is atrocious today

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 21:36 (2760 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I really need to preview my posts more often.

by Mattchoo, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 23:58 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

I really liked it.

But it's like you said... I have a very hyperactive play style. I grew up on competitive Quake 1 and that game to this day has wired my brain for in your face fast action - head constantly on a swivel - gameplay

Having said all that.... I am not a shotgunner. I have gone against the meta and I have been using side arms nonstop. My favorite is the FWC vendor buy: The Wormwood. I have been winning many fights before the shotgunner can get me.

Wormwood

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 00:44 (2760 days ago) @ Mattchoo

Someone was wrecking me left and right with that last night. I'll have to get me one of them (and of course watch it never work quite as well for me and my uncoordinated thumbs).

Wormwood

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 00:45 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

Someone was wrecking me left and right with that last night. I'll have to get me one of them (and of course watch it never work quite as well for me and my uncoordinated thumbs).

Really loving the Wormwood. Has great range and power. Just don't use it as a panic gun, it takes good aim even up close because of it's lower firing speed.

Started out hesitant, ended up being very happy

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 18:53 (2754 days ago) @ BeardFade

I was hesitant to jump into this as unless I am playing with other scrubs like myself, I am not very good in crucible.

I actually really enjoyed this though. I tend to hang back and pick groups of people off while others rush in and grab the crests, it tends to work out really well until I completely forget what I am doing and rush someone get blown away.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread