To Last Night's PS4 Raiders (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 19:16 (2760 days ago)

Thanks for the invite, guys; I'm sorry I was already in a raid. How did it go? We cleared ours around 1:30 am PST, but did get all 5 monitors for the first timers.. Most of the time, if I'm not otherwise committed (like if I'm just pvping or whathaveyou) I'm game to help out. Anyway, I hope you all had a great run!

Cheers,
Kahz

To Last Night's PS4 Raiders

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 19:20 (2760 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Thanks for the invite, guys; I'm sorry I was already in a raid. How did it go? We cleared ours around 1:30 am PST, but did get all 5 monitors for the first timers.. Most of the time, if I'm not otherwise committed (like if I'm just pvping or whathaveyou) I'm game to help out. Anyway, I hope you all had a great run!

Cheers,
Kahz

We finished, and got all the monitors. Fun was had by all.

It's a shame I didn't save a clip of the clutch cross arena shot I got off on the Shock Servitor to prevent a wipe on our successful run… :-D

That was you? Good shot. =)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 20:07 (2760 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I saw others do that a few times. Usually I played it safe and went over to them, but did the same a few times. Though I think yours was the most clutch one that I saw. :D

Thanks again guys for letting me drop in late

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 19:59 (2759 days ago) @ slycrel

I saw others do that a few times. Usually I played it safe and went over to them, but did the same a few times. Though I think yours was the most clutch one that I saw. :D

I felt really bad that I showed up late and was truly surprised there was still an open seat.
I had a long day that day and crashed, I woke up and scurried online as fast as I could. Luckily you guys are awesome.

I shot across map a couple of times. I really like to, it prevents the un-needed player map crossing. The more moves that can be prevented, the better.

Spoiler?
I missed out on some of the caches since they were disabled from joining late? I was able to accumulate some fragments and keys though. Plus we took care of the monitors and wiped out Aksis which was so satisfying since we tried so hard and couldn't quite get him the other week.

For phase 2, with no Titans for bubble, I honestly wonder if having 2 x groups of 3 (one group L one group R) would be better? When empowerment shifts you would have guardians right there next to the teleport zone or the plates for Super. Only one person would have to move to middle-back, and might help lessen movement confusion? Or would it be worse?
I guess there's the slight chance all 3 on one side were all empowered at the same time and there would have to be a way to split out.

Thanks again guys for letting me drop in late

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 20:05 (2759 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Absolutely! I'm still kind of surprised we waited to start the raid for over an hour, and passed the first area with 5 before you joined us. For a Tuesday night it was pretty dead.

I'd actually prefer everyone to "reset" rather than go to the middle for DPS... unless they need to be somewhere else because of empowerment you will always know where to go and there's less moving parts. Also note that using the cannons even during the teleports wasn't bad because aksis will still take damage just after a teleport from a stuck charge. I started using the cannons about halfway through before phase 3 and I think it was overall beneficial for our DPS.

Fun fact...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 20:58 (2759 days ago) @ slycrel

Also note that using the cannons even during the teleports wasn't bad because aksis will still take damage just after a teleport from a stuck charge. I started using the cannons about halfway through before phase 3 and I think it was overall beneficial for our DPS.

Aksis takes damage for the entirety of his teleporting phases (starting from the instant that the third Charge hits him). I usually fire a few Cannons at him during first teleport if he's tethered, because we're often left with spare rounds anyway, and the extra damage definitely helps.

Spare Rounds

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 21:37 (2759 days ago) @ Korny

My non-DBO team never has spare rounds. I don't know how/why there were so many last time we raided.

I mean, we still downed him just fine, but I don't know what was happening with everyone else's cannon. Chaos joined me for an English raid on Wed, and should be able to vouch for that.

Bonus: Downed him in two and a half phases, though obviously we're all grossly overgeared at this point.

Spare Rounds

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 22:36 (2759 days ago) @ someotherguy

My non-DBO team never has spare rounds. I don't know how/why there were so many last time we raided.

I mean, we still downed him just fine, but I don't know what was happening with everyone else's cannon. Chaos joined me for an English raid on Wed, and should be able to vouch for that.

Because people tend to hold the charge down for too long. It helps to remind folks that the cannons only have a single, clearly-visible charge.

Spare Rounds

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, October 14, 2016, 12:14 (2758 days ago) @ Korny

Because people tend to hold the charge down for too long. It helps to remind folks that the cannons only have a single, clearly-visible charge.

Also, a lot of people want to save the cannons for the final round when you can stack weapons of light with a Hunter tether for the longest damage phase, but you may only have time for 6-7 charged shots once everyone is set up and damage buffs are in place. You can burn a couple of shots in the first phase, a couple more in the 2nd, and still have enough to do a ton of damage in the final phase.

-Disciple

We were later, but yep, finished!

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 20:09 (2760 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Did okay I thought for having 3 people new to the last section of the last fight and 1 new to the whole raid. I know that fight pretty darn well, well enough to be trying to regen supers during it.

We were later, but yep, finished!

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 21:24 (2760 days ago) @ slycrel

Did okay I thought for having 3 people new to the last section of the last fight and 1 new to the whole raid. I know that fight pretty darn well, well enough to be trying to regen supers during it.

Nice. I did that once and one of the other raiders freaked out and accidentally jumped off the map. Oh well.

haha!

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 13:10 (2759 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread