Hard mode changes betting pool (Spoilers obv) (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, October 16, 2016, 22:13 (2756 days ago)

Opening -

20:1 - The charge spinners are independent rather than shared.
3:1 - Voltage charge at 5x rather than 4x.
2:1 - More charges required to drop shields

Vosik -

10:1 - Lockout on picking up charges
2:1 - One room lit each time
2:1 - Multiple monitors light at once
1.5:1 - Monitors on the back and sides can activate too

Siege Engine -

10:1 - Additional part to install
2:1 - Less time, more enemies

Aksis 1 -

10:1 - 5 shots instead of 10 in the scorch cannon
5:1 - 7+ targets each time
2:1 - faster servitor movement

Aksis 2 -

10:1 - Only two platforms
3:1 - Aksis drains your light and the supercharge is the only way to get a super

Hard mode changes betting pool (Spoilers obv)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, October 16, 2016, 23:42 (2756 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Opening -

20:1 - The charge spinners are independent rather than shared.
3:1 - Voltage charge at 5x rather than 4x.
2:1 - More charges required to drop shields

I'd be ok with all of those, however the very start of the Raids tend to not change at all on Heroic. I'm pretty sure that part isn't even a Darkness Zone either.

Vosik -

10:1 - Lockout on picking up charges
2:1 - One room lit each time
2:1 - Multiple monitors light at once

Sure, that would be pretty fair.

1.5:1 - Monitors on the back and sides can activate too

Woah, slow down, Satan...

Siege Engine -

10:1 - Additional part to install
2:1 - Less time, more enemies

That dude that hijacks the zamboni is, IMO, underutilized so far. Maybe he has a bigger role now and shoots down or something. I also expect a LOT more mines on the way.

Aksis 1 -

5:1 - 7+ targets each time
2:1 - faster servitor movement

Eh, can't imagine anything other than those.

Aksis 2 -

10:1 - Only two platforms
3:1 - Aksis drains your light and the supercharge is the only way to get a super

I also expect supercharging being central to the strategy this time. I originally couldn't picture them forcing you to use a particular class to keep DPS up, but since the Viking Funeral buff, I guess every class has a DPS booster (Weapons of Light/Melting Point, Tether, Viking Funeral), so it's be totally reasonable.

$20 on no team revives.

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 17, 2016, 11:24 (2755 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

No checkpoints in the jumping puzzles.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:06 (2755 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

There are jumping puzzles?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:21 (2755 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

There are places where some people die jumping. So kinda

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:18 (2755 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

So the second encounter is a jumping puzzle? :p

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:24 (2755 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Everything is a puzzle if you're bad enough.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:28 (2755 days ago) @ ZackDark

So the entire raid for me.

How... puzzling

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:55 (2755 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

<3

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 17, 2016, 19:34 (2755 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, October 17, 2016, 13:31 (2755 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Great thoughts. My though was that the servitors in the final two phases will attack you instead of just floating around.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:18 (2755 days ago) @ breitzen

Great thoughts. My though was that the servitors in the final two phases will attack you instead of just floating around.

I give that 12:1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:27 (2755 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1:1 There are way more yellow-health-bar enemies. Because yaaaaaaaaaay bullet sponges...

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:29 (2755 days ago) @ CyberKN

2:1 Despite everything Bungie have "learnt", the final boss and adds are LL410.

Guesses

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:49 (2755 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Opening -

Nothing different.

Vosik -

Single lit room + back and side monitors light up

Siege Engine -

More enemies

Aksis 1 -

Increase in targets and you have to hit all targets per round. no change to number of servitors per round

Aksis 2 -

- 410 light enemies (This is a given at this point right?)
- Supercharge is the only way to get supers
- More servitors/bombs needed to drop the shield

Not likely
- Captains replaced with Rahndels
- Bombs/Targets from Phase 1 also included.
- Continual servitor spawns

Actual changes *HM Spoilers*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 22:07 (2754 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Vosik's first stand:

• Nothing, apparently. Maybe the charges drain faster if you fail to kill those Shanks.

Vosik NASA control room:

• 6 bombs per throw, instead of 3. Need all 6 to do the same amount of damage, it seems.
  • Doors are half-closed with airlocks, forcing you to slide in. (As if we weren't all already doing it :p)

Death Zamboni:

• Kill Mr. Meeseeks (look at me!), get a Splicer Tank to spawn.

Tame Aksis:

• SIVA turrets to brighten our day. Who could've seen that coming?

Mad Aksis:

• Two Servitors per door per spawn.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 01:01 (2754 days ago) @ ZackDark

Mostly just a series of gear checks.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 01:08 (2754 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

True, but I foresee a bit of strategy accommodation too. Damage resistance isn't enough to overcome some of those.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 01:36 (2754 days ago) @ ZackDark

To be fair, I've only done the first half. Archpriest is just a light level check, the mechanics are slightly more difficult but it's mostly just needing to be able to survive/kill faster.

You're not wrong *HM Spoilers*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 01:42 (2754 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Not really

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 11:20 (2753 days ago) @ ProbablyLast
edited by someotherguy, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 11:28

Only real gearcheck IMO is the Zamboni, and they're real generous with the timer.

Vosiks is an execution check, Aksis 1 is an awareness check and Aksis 2 is another (fun!) execution check. Aksis doesn't even have more health than NM from what we could tell - downed him in 2 and a half damage phases.

Edit: In fact, the rest of my team suggested this was arguably the easiest HM we've seen so far, largely because the enemies weren't overlevelled to 410 or any similar "fake difficulty" BS. Im incluned to agree, though I see it as a positive rather than a drawback.

Not really

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:11 (2753 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:21

I'm 100% referring to how it will play out for the normal groups that will form on Xbone. Teams that play together constantly will still walk through the raid because the raid is ezpz and the mechanics are mind-numbingly simple.

For the typical Xboner, they should focus on hitting 390 asap.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread