In-depth look at Polygon

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:37 (4083 days ago)

Needs persistent Internet?

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:54 (4083 days ago) @ bluerunner

While Hirshberg says there are no plans to charge a subscription fee to play Destiny, the game will require an internet connection to experience.

Guess I'm not playing after all... sad panda.

I'll leave it to Cody Miller to fill in the broader objections.

In-depth look at Polygon

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:07 (4083 days ago) @ bluerunner

"As Guardians, players will battle alien species with exotic names like Sandeaters, War Rhinos and Spider Pirates. They'll wage war with time-traveling robots and evil space zombies."

Whoa, what? Are they joking about that last sentence, or...

In-depth look at Polygon

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:19 (4083 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Perhaps the tone of the game will be more humorous, retro, or tongue-in-cheek then we've come to expect from Bungie? I'm cool with that. A lot of big games takes themselves too seriously, IMO.

"Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old"

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 13:12 (4083 days ago) @ TDSpiral

And my inner seven year old couldn't be more excited!

In-depth look at Polygon

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, February 17, 2013, 14:20 (4083 days ago) @ TDSpiral

It's not Halo doesn't do it already, right?

:P

In-depth look at Polygon

by Onyx, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 14:39 (4083 days ago) @ TDSpiral

"As Guardians, players will battle alien species with exotic names like Sandeaters, War Rhinos and Spider Pirates. They'll wage war with time-traveling robots and evil space zombies."

Whoa, what? Are they joking about that last sentence, or...

From what I saw from the livestream, they have classier names but that is pretty much the enemies.

In-depth look at Polygon

by tadboz, Fort Collins, CO, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:37 (4082 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Hell yes, I want to fight spider pirates!

In-depth look at Polygon

by LostSpartan, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:32 (4083 days ago) @ bluerunner

God, if I wasn't already excited before, this would have definitely pushed me over the edge. <3 Bungie!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread