Question for PvPers (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:29 (2737 days ago)

I haven't played a lot of PvP in the last year or so, but have started playing a bit for the rewards. The post-game rewards are typically pretty decent, but something seems pretty broken with the Shax weekly bounty and the Trials reward packages. I thought, at the very least, these should be rewarding a legendary item, but my Trials silver and gold tier bounties and the last two Shax weekly bounties I've cashed in have all awarded me a single blue engram and maybe a mote of light or strange coin. I'm running Destiny Item Manager's "farming mode" so I've always got a slot open for every item category and I double-check the postmaster immediately after, just in case.

Am I getting completely screwed on these bounties, or are the rewards really just this terrible now?

-Disciple

You are getting screwed apparently

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:32 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've gotten a TON of higher light level pieces from those bounties including a nearly full set of Pariah gear from the trials gold tier packages.

Maybe try turning off the farming mode when turning in those packages?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:43 (2737 days ago) @ unoudid

I've gotten a TON of higher light level pieces from those bounties including a nearly full set of Pariah gear from the trials gold tier packages.

Maybe try turning off the farming mode when turning in those packages?

It's worth a shot, but I should at least see them pop up on the right side of my screen before being shuffled off to my vault if DIM needs to make room. Really strange.

-Disciple

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:47 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

You're not alone; I've had Shaxx bounties and gold-tier Trials bounties turn into blues too.

Good to know

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:05 (2737 days ago) @ Chappy

...I think. I'm not sure if it would be better to know it's just me and that I should avoid these activities, or that it randomly happens to everyone and there's always a chance I'll just be wasting my time next time I set out to complete one of these.

Oh well. I still need to finish that Trials entry in the record book, so I guess I'll be getting a few more of those gold bounties done either way.

-Disciple

Good to know

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:12 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It looks like Trials will become a great source of light-leveled legendary armor. You don't even need to win (although the gold bounty requires 20 round wins, so you at least need to try) - the pity drops are light leveled.

Willing to farm pity drops, tbh.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:28 (2737 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

also willing to be carried / be a target

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:37 (2737 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:45 (2737 days ago) @ CougRon

I'm totally down for going in with a group that isn't looking for a lighthouse run. I don't typically get online until fairly late these days, though. Could do a Saturday morning run if anyone's available and interested.

-Disciple

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:46 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Message me if you need a third. I'm usually on late but appearing offline for whatever reason.

Will do!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:47 (2737 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

What are backpacks?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:52 (2737 days ago) @ CougRon

This is my usual trials team

So that's how you made it to the lighthouse?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 16:58 (2737 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Oh, you thought I actually made it?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 17:10 (2737 days ago) @ unoudid

Nope, I've been sitting in my chair waiting for replacements.

I thought you had the new emblem?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 17:13 (2737 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Nope :-(

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 17:41 (2737 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Weird, Zero and I thought we saw you with the emblem

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 17:44 (2737 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Question for PvPers

by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:52 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I only got a blue from my silver package I turned in yesterday. Did get a legendary artifact from the gold package though.

I believe they always decrypt into legendary

by Mattchoo, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 13:52 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I have gotten the same blue engrams from Shaxx weekly and ToO bounties, but mine have decrypted into a legendary.

Ah, maybe that's it

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 14:07 (2737 days ago) @ Mattchoo

I have gotten the same blue engrams from Shaxx weekly and ToO bounties, but mine have decrypted into a legendary.

They just become part of the massive pool of blue engrams to be decrypted later, so I've never noticed if they consistently decrypt into legendaries. I'll have to make sure to keep them set aside next time.

If that's the case, though. It's still pretty lame. I definitely didn't have any decrpyt with >385 light, so it's not as good as actually getting the item itself instead of an engram.

-Disciple

Question for PvPers

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 16:56 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I haven't played a lot of PvP in the last year or so, but have started playing a bit for the rewards. The post-game rewards are typically pretty decent, but something seems pretty broken with the Shax weekly bounty and the Trials reward packages. I thought, at the very least, these should be rewarding a legendary item, but my Trials silver and gold tier bounties and the last two Shax weekly bounties I've cashed in have all awarded me a single blue engram and maybe a mote of light or strange coin. I'm running Destiny Item Manager's "farming mode" so I've always got a slot open for every item category and I double-check the postmaster immediately after, just in case.

Am I getting completely screwed on these bounties, or are the rewards really just this terrible now?

-Disciple

That's... weird. I've never once ad one that didn't give me a legendary. Usually a crappy legendary, but a legendary nonetheless. That's in probably 80 or so turn-ins across my three characters. Yet another reason why pure RNG based loot is horseshit garbage terrible design.

Not just PVP...

by Durandal, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 17:24 (2737 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've had extra raid chest drop nothing twice now. Doesn't even show anything in my mail. one of Shaxx bounties too.

Typically, if a slot is full, you won't see the pop up on the side of the screen. The reward will go direct to the mail. Knowing that I've taken to checking my mail frequently because it's easy to get a tonne of engrams when farming in the Forge.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread