For any Nintendo fans out there: Here's their new console (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 12:30 (2743 days ago)

Short Version: It's a Wii-U

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:46 (2743 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by someotherguy, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:51

Long version: It's a more powerful Wii-U where Handheld is the default and TV is optional, rather than the other way around.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:59 (2743 days ago) @ someotherguy

Long version: It's a more powerful Wii-U where Handheld is the default and TV is optional, rather than the other way around.

Yeah, and that's why I'm definitely getting it whereas the Wii-U was the first Nintendo home console that I didn't get.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:19 (2743 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Yeah, and that's why I'm definitely getting it whereas the Wii-U was the first Nintendo home console that I didn't get.

Wii U was the first I had absolutely zero interest in. The hardware wasn't solid and despite the few really attractive games I never saw any value in it. At least one game I was excited in for Wii U, Splatoon, is fortunately (and unsurprisingly) making its way to Switch.

For me, the novelty of Switch looks pretty cool and I'd love to see it in action, but the selling point for me most of all are Nintendo games benefitting once more from potentially beefy guts inside the console. Their games alone are what attract me to their consoles so having 1080p, 60fps, and internet connectivity as basic features are much desired and appreciated.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:31 (2743 days ago) @ Grizzlei

At least one game I was excited in for Wii U, Splatoon, is fortunately (and unsurprisingly) making its way to Switch.

Splatoon was the only reason I ever considered buying a Wii U, though I never actually ended up buying one. As long as there's also a decent Mario platformer and a Mario Kart game, I might just end up grabbing this one.

-Disciple

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:45 (2743 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

At least one game I was excited in for Wii U, Splatoon, is fortunately (and unsurprisingly) making its way to Switch.

Splatoon was the only reason I ever considered buying a Wii U, though I never actually ended up buying one. As long as there's also a decent Mario platformer and a Mario Kart game, I might just end up grabbing this one.

-Disciple

I wouldn't even mind if a bunch of Switch's launch lineup are remastered Wii U classics like Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash, and so forth with a fully-functional unified online service akin to Live or PSN.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:46 (2743 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I wouldn't even mind if a bunch of Switch's launch lineup are remastered Wii U classics like Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash, and so forth with a fully-functional unified online service akin to Live or PSN.

As much as I hate that trend (and would love to just see backwards compatibility be a thing), this is the one case where I wouldn't mind. I also skipped out on a Wii U, despite it having some appealing looking games. If I get the Switch and can also pick up the best of the Wii U catalog, I'd be down. Especially Mario Maker. That alone damn near sold me a Wii U.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:59 (2743 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As much as I hate that trend (and would love to just see backwards compatibility be a thing), this is the one case where I wouldn't mind. I also skipped out on a Wii U, despite it having some appealing looking games. If I get the Switch and can also pick up the best of the Wii U catalog, I'd be down. Especially Mario Maker. That alone damn near sold me a Wii U.

Last year was a very convincing time to buy a Wii U with Mario Maker and Splatoon being such amazing looking games. Unfortunately for them the NX was a known item on the horizon so any interest waned absolutely, at least for me. In addition to a stellar original launch lineup, if they have those games readily available on day one I'm buying this console as soon as possible if it's at a fair price.

Looks interesting.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:18 (2743 days ago) @ CyberKN

This might be the first Nintendo console I own since the N64, but I'm honestly not sure why. I don't travel enough that I'd ever use it as an on-the-go console. But if this could legitimately replace both the Wii-U and the 3DS, and all developers focus on it instead of decided whether to support the 3DS or Wii U, that could be a huge move. And it would be a system seller for me.

I'm optimistic, but we'll have to see where the price ends up.

Impressed by the premise they sell. Intresting.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:49 (2743 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Meh

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 23:11 (2743 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Focus Testing

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 21, 2016, 17:01 (2742 days ago) @ CyberKN

Either Nintendo doesn't focus test their names, or I have a dirty mind.

Focus Testing

by Avateur @, Friday, October 21, 2016, 17:18 (2742 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I didn't go there. I thought of how Adrian Peterson would buy one and beat his kid with it.

Wow. Didn't even know there was a word for that.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 21, 2016, 18:50 (2742 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

You're a dirty liar

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, October 21, 2016, 22:45 (2742 days ago) @ ZackDark

You follow me. I know you know a lot of alternative sexual terminology.

Heh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 22, 2016, 00:03 (2742 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread