Is there a secret DBO LFG site I don't know about? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, October 21, 2016, 19:08 (2735 days ago)

I like raiding. a lot.

So it was a bummer that I had to spend most of the last few weeks away from Destiny because I was taking a vacation with my family in Switzerland, immediately after the first new raid we've had in way-too-long-of-a-time.

Since I got back, I've done a few FTB events, but most of that time that sidebar seems way emptier then it should be.

Do people not like the new raid? Is everybody just really busy? I didn't know, and was sort of okay not worrying about it too much until laidcleric made an event at the exact same time, for the exact same raid, as I had posted two days ago. And then that event immeadiatly filled up.

???

What's going on?

We're all weirdos

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 21, 2016, 19:24 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

Random-er than randoes.

Also, cleric filled half the spots himself, if that makes any difference. :p

Yes, where all the competent blueberries hide as well

by Durandal, Friday, October 21, 2016, 19:27 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

but to get in you have to solve a complex hexadecimal cypher and have a fire team of 3 different classes, each with a different faction exotic class item.

Is there a secret DBO LFG site I don't know about?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 21, 2016, 19:44 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

either people are busy, or they're using the hidden fireteam feature that was added a few weeks ago. you can hide your events and invite people to them now.

I've been playing gears 4, that's why i haven't been in any fireteams. also, titanfall 2 is coming out in a week, so that might take a small hit on people here too.

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, October 21, 2016, 19:46 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

It hasn't been the same since before RoI for me, but now that new content has dropped it's way worse. I've had a hard time getting any groups going with the FTB as well. For me mostly because either they are talking in-game and already have a group, or I'm closer to pacific time and many are east coasters.

I'm still generally available Tuesday and Thursday nights, and am often on those nights, as well as on other times. I see people doing things. But not usually via the FTB.

I've been a bit behind the light curve as well which has only exacerbated things. I'm still not 385... 378 is getting there, but nobody wants me in their HM raid yet either.

Yeah, so I guess... I dunno, I've noticed the same thing.

Just do what I do, realise everyone hates you and move on.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:12 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

;_;
(Hijack? Who is Jack?)

Biggest reason I'd guess is other games/content

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:16 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

Lots of games come out around now, not to mention movies, TV shows, and real life events. Even with me I've been playing Battlefield 1 this week, and Titanfall 2 comes out next week.

Of note for anyone worried about private FTB events sapping regular events: there are currently zero private FTB events.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:25 (2735 days ago) @ Xenos

Of note for anyone worried about private FTB events sapping regular events: there are currently zero private FTB events.

Lies.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:25 (2735 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Lies.

Update: There is now one private FTB event called "Lies"

Scary. I was thinking about doing ths for kicks. O_O

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:30 (2735 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I did it for the kicks... then they used it for a real Raid.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:56 (2735 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

School year as well?

by Funkmon @, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 00:22 (2735 days ago) @ Xenos

Got students to teach, papers to write. Maybe that's just me. Zero's in college, right?

School year as well?

by Zero @, Florida, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 00:43 (2735 days ago) @ Funkmon

Got students to teach, papers to write. Maybe that's just me. Zero's in college, right?

Nope, not anymore. Got my degree and got out. I was so damn tired of papers this and reading that every single week.

Good choice.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 01:15 (2735 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Year two means more of us are adults

by Earendil, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 00:24 (2735 days ago) @ CyberKN

Where by adults I don't mean age, so much as people with shit to do.

Also, other games is a thing. Civ6 just came out and I don't see it being anything busy the best of the crack cocain series that is civ.

Sadly, just busy

by Oholiab @, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 13:19 (2734 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Bored with the game and meh raid drops.

by ProbablyLast, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 14:13 (2734 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by ProbablyLast, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 14:18

Also most people have preferred fireteams because of how awful King's Fall was with randos.

The new raid is pretty cool, but nobody will want to run the actual raid when challenge modes drop because everyone has mental issues.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 15:20 (2734 days ago) @ CyberKN

Everybody wants to raid with the same group now, mostly. And I'm either not high enough light level to join theirs, and/or no one wants to join mine.

I think a lack of (new) activities has a hand in this, too.

Pop the bubble... POP THE BUBBLE!! O.O

by BlackstarBSP, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 15:57 (2734 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, October 23, 2016, 20:05 (2733 days ago) @ CyberKN

Confluence of a really huge project at work and family medical stuff and vacation. I have signed up as a maybe for a few raids, but didn't make any but one. Things are about 50% back to normal now, so hopefully I'll be on more.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Sunday, October 23, 2016, 21:26 (2733 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've been way too busy lately and have only run it twice. I feel a bit behind with everyone running hard mode now. Anyway.... I'll raid with ya!

Edit: but not tonight, just got home from vacation and will be hitting the sack early. Tomorrow or Tuesday I'm good!

Some thoughts on this

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 00:21 (2733 days ago) @ CyberKN

I can only speak on the xbox side. But what I've noticed is there are 3 groups of people.

first group, has worked hard/smart to level up to raid ready light levels by playing A LOT of destiny. second group, has been playing a fair amount but has not quite leveled up enough. third group, has been slowly going through the content and is not up to raid ready levels.

I know I've played way too much the last few weeks to get up to 399 as of today. Doing hard mode for more than 4 hours is just extremely unappealing right now. It's nothing against others, I just don't want to sit there banging my head against a wall for the majority of a day or night. I'm sure others feel the same. Note: that even with people I've raided with a lot, we still suck at the raid.

I think once everyone gets the mechanics worked out then it'll go so much better and pick up games will be much easier all around. It's a fun raid and one I look forward to doing multiple times a week.

It's nothing personal against anyone, but if the majority of the group hasn't run the raid or is not leveled up properly then it's hard to want to devote time to doing those runs right now. Spending so much time doing other stuff (nightfalls, strikes, patrols, grinding for exotics, trials, crucible, archon's forge, etc...) to get leveled up just doesn't leave the time in the week to do much else.

It has been like this since TTK, honestly.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 04:56 (2733 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 05:16

I have absolutely very little desire to run the hard raid without a perfect team. Which, by definition, wouldn't have me on it. That said, I'll still make events to try but that is because I enjoy being miserable.

It's strange because since there is literally no need to be above 390, running normal mode should still be fun. But we are all addicts who like to see meaningless numbers increase, so that is basically a dead raid. Then they'll release challenge mode, and doing the entire hard raid will be looked at as an inconvenience. Oh well, I got my money's worth out of RoI so I'm happy enough. Just wish the raids were more about chasing items instead of numbers.

To be fair, KF was way worse with this back then

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:47 (2732 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

The "banging our heads against the wall" feeling was a LOT more pronounced then. Probably scarred most of us for life.

100% correct

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 12:33 (2732 days ago) @ ZackDark

But we gotta chase those numbers, fam.

That stupid number

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:45 (2732 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I really wish we didn't have to deal with this BS light level number to make things artificially harder.

Once I'm at 400 light for both PvE and PvP loadouts then I can actually play the game how I want and not have to worry about being handicapped by an arbitrary number.

Unrelated question (Challenge of Elders related)

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 15:30 (2732 days ago) @ unoudid

Do you happen to know if the challenge of Elders weapon/armor drops are capped at 390 or 400?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 24, 2016, 15:34 (2732 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, October 24, 2016, 15:49 (2732 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Do you happen to know if the challenge of Elders weapon/armor drops are capped at 390 or 400?

The sigil rewards (the weapons and armor for reaching 30k and 90k) are capped at 335. If you rank up with Variks, his faction reward will be a weapon that's capped at 390. The end of game drops (consumed ghosts and some exotics) are capped at 335.

Ouch.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 15:54 (2732 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Not quite...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, October 24, 2016, 16:03 (2732 days ago) @ Chappy

The sigil rewards (the weapons and armor for reaching 30k and 90k) are capped at 335.

The Sigil rewards are definitely higher than 335. Did you mean 365? I ran PoE to help me gear up after the expansion landed.

365 might as well be 335 :p

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:29 (2731 days ago) @ Beorn

How quickly something exciting and useful becomes trivial.

That stupid number

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 24, 2016, 16:18 (2732 days ago) @ unoudid

I still think Bungie could do away with the level numbering system and just use a difficulty multiplier. You want hard mode to be hard, scale the damage instead of looking at light level.

Having completed the hard raid

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 24, 2016, 16:17 (2732 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I'll probably not do it again for a while. Aksis is very unforgiving and I don't really want to spend that much time banging my head against a wall. The normal raid was much more fun and I'd rather do that since I have plenty of stuff I enjoy playing with.

Having completed the hard raid

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 00:27 (2732 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

While I completely understand, Aksis is definitely the smallest change from Nornal to Hard. If you can veat Aksis NM, vosiks HM and Zamboni HM, he shouldn't be too tough.

If I can go off on a tangent a bit, I think Bungie did really well with the changes this time around. For one thing they didn't bump enemy Light to 410, surprising everyone. But I also feel like in the Vosiks and especially the Aksis-2 encounter they amped up the fun part rather than just increasing the difficulty or boss health. The best part of both of those fights is the movement and bomb-throwing, and I love that that's what we got more of, not just more adds/majors.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread