Cleaning the Vault : Weapons (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:28 (2748 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:40

The time has come for me to clean out the weapons section of my vault, the thing is I'm having difficulty choosing what stays and what shards.

Should I even keep the year one & two weapons I have? If yes, is there a way for me to figure out what I should keep? If all else fails I'll just make a list over the weekend for what I have in my vault, and let the lot of you peck at it with your collective expertise.

Keep the stuff you enjoy using

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:54 (2748 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Honestly, thats the best way to Destiny.

But if you're insane (heh) like me you could always organise your vault into a museum.

Keep the stuff you enjoy using

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 21, 2016, 21:03 (2748 days ago) @ someotherguy

Honestly, thats the best way to Destiny.

But if you're insane (heh) like me you could always organise your vault into a museum.

._. This does not help. I can only use one gun at a time. So many things go boom.
Through I am saving a few things for sentimental museum like reasons. Firsts, Elemental Primary, and ... I think that's it.

You enjoy it all equally?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 21, 2016, 21:16 (2748 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In that case, get rid of duplicates and near-duplicates. There's no point having 3 high RoF autos all with counterbalance, or 6 different Scouts of the same damage archetype.

Pick which ones are the most useful/entertaining and get rid of the middle ground.

Armor - How to compare duplicates, best way/site

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, October 21, 2016, 23:10 (2748 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, October 21, 2016, 23:26

In that case, get rid of duplicates and near-duplicates. There's no point having 3

What is the best way/site to compare and contrast duplicate armor?

Being that for Year 2.5 one of the best ways to move up light levels above 365 has been through Exotics, I have had to use more and more 3 of Coin than ever before and I have come across more exotics than I have in the past.

Rather than shard duplicates randomly I'd rather make informed decisions. Up until this point I have avoided this part of the "game within the game" (comparing only int/dis/str)

I hear about this "Tier 12" stuff all the time, and have received some tips from you guys on what single piece to buy from Iron Banner or Xûr but don't know how it is that you guys rate a single piece of armor.

I have:
(Year 2/2.5)
2 x Sunbreakers
3 x Claws of Ahamkara
2 x Apotheosis Veil
2 x Voidfang Vestments
etc.

Armor - How to compare duplicates, best way/site

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 08:50 (2747 days ago) @ Pyromancy

So the most important thing is to decide wherher you're more interested in having the right perks, or being T12 capable. For me personally, I care more about Perks in PvE amd Stat Rolls in PvP.

So for example I have a helmet with Shine On (more super from darkness kills) and Better Already (orbs restore health) that I keep despite it's bad stat roll because I use it for PvE. Similarly, I have an Int-Str Helmet with useless perks but 110 stat roll (out of 111) for PvP. Unless you're very lucky you have to decide whether you want the right perks, or an extra tier of Dis/Int/Str.

Of course, you can reroll Exotics for both, if you so choose. But it might take a while.

To help you compare, here are the max rolls you can achieve:

Helmet 111 (46/55)
Gauntlets 99 (41/58)
Chest 147 (61/86)
Boots 135 (56/79)
Class Item 60 (25/35)
Ghost* 60 (25/35)
Artefact 118^ (38/80)

*The Dread Explorer ghost is a set roll and is always T12 Capable.
^Int-Dis Artwfacts arw broken and can roll higher than this.

I'll also make a separate reply with my exact Armour Deletion rules, which might help.

Someotherguy's Armour Rules

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 09:30 (2747 days ago) @ someotherguy

This is the set of rules I use to determine whether I keep a piece of armour. I always try to keep at least one of each Stat Split (Int-Dis, Int-Str, Dis-Str).

Helmet
PvE
Required: Better Already/Rejuvenation - Orbs pickup restores Health
Preferred: Shine On - Extra Super energy from non-guardian kills

PvP
Required: T12 Roll of 109-111 (you can be two points short on every piece of armour and still hit T12. Maybe three? Cant quite recall. Better to play it safe).
Preferred: Better Already/Rejuvenation

Arms
PvE
Required: Sniper Reload/Fusion Reload/Heavy Reload (maybe Shotgun? But less useful than Sniper, Sleeper or Heavy. YMMV)

PvP
Required: T12 97-99
Preferred: Increased Melee Speed, Preferred Primary Reload Speed

Chest
PvE

Required: Sniper Ammo/Fusion Ammo/Heavy Ammo
Preferred: Appropriate Increased Armour Perk (Void for Hunter/Titan, Solar for Warlock)

PvP
Required: T12 145-147, Elemental Armour Perk (one of each. I have a lot of chests)
Preferred: Heavy Ammo (You rarely get enough special ammo to benefit from ammo perks, but Heavy Ammo will often increase the number of rockets you pick up. I don't know if generic Special ammo increases pickup amount from special boxes. Will have to look into it.)

Boots
PvE

Required: Sniper Ammo/Fusion Ammo/Heavy Ammo

PvP
Required: T12 133-135
Preferred: Rocket Ammo/Heavy Ammo

Class Item
PvE and PvP

Required: T12 58-60
Class items are kind of worthless perk-wise. Try and have an exp boost for every type if gun spread over them if you can.

Ghost
PvE

Just keep lots of ghosts so you can get mats and glimmer to matter where you are. Preferably matched pairs like Cabal/Mars, but whatever you can get.

PvP
Required: T12 60 (You should have at least one of these, so there's really no excuse to settle for less unless you have too much Int-Dis already)
Preferred: PvP Glimmer Perk

Artefact
PvE

Required T12 116+ (If you have an Int-Dis artefact above 118, you can lose a little Int or Dis on one of your other pieces of gear, which is nice)
Preferred: Orbs from grenades or melees

PvP
Required T12 116+ (If you have an Int-Dis artefact above 118, you can lose a little Int or Dis on one of your other pieces of gear, which is nice)
Preferred: Memory of Gheleon/Jolder/Silimar

Inverse Shadow vs Shine On: what's the difference?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:06 (2747 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

I don't think there is one

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:45 (2747 days ago) @ ZackDark

It's possible that one is stronger than the other, but it's never something I've noticed. I think they just change the name of some perks with each expansion.

Better Already vs Rejuvenation are functionally identical too, even thouhh one specifies shield restoratuon and one health restoration. They both instantly start shield recharge and restore health.

Cleaning the Vault : Weapons

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:56 (2748 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Should I even keep the year one & two weapons I have? If yes, is there a way for me to figure out what I should keep?

Is it a primary? Does it have void damage? Are you planning on doing the year three thorn quest?

If yes to all three, then keep it!

Cleaning the Vault : Weapons

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 21, 2016, 20:59 (2748 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Should I even keep the year one & two weapons I have? If yes, is there a way for me to figure out what I should keep?

Is it a primary? Does it have void damage? Are you planning on doing the year three thorn quest?

If yes to all three, then keep it!

Did that part of the quest last night. Mayhem. Voidwalker. Good times.

Do I use it/Is it sentimental/Is it hard to get

by Durandal, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:47 (2747 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Generally, stuff I use is on my characters, so it seldom resides in the vault. Mostly I've kept a copy of Raid weapons and armor from VoG, CE and KF that I like and are hard to get. My sets of armor from PoE are all gone, replaced by the Y2 Taken version where possible, but I never did get a full set for my Titan or Warlock.

That leaves a number of spots for weapons I consider to have really good rolls, but don't use very often due to lack of infusion fuel. I've got some good Hawksaws, Hand Cannons, PRs, etc that all have some interesting rolls that I will try out, one day.

I've got a few things that are quest rewards or from the handful of times I managed to get 5 wins in Trials, which are not rolled well or pretty but were hard to get and sit around because of that. Likewise some cool capes are in there.

Everything else is fair game. I recently went through and trashed 15 old weapons because how many high impact Scouts do you need? Even if the rolls are good, you really only need one of each archetype you like. I had four soul stealers claws that were decent, and I sharded all but one.

You have to clean things out eventually. Trying out new stuff is part of the game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread