Let's Get Racist. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, October 24, 2016, 12:38 (2740 days ago)

Who's your favorite species to fight in Destiny? I know everybody's gonna say "Oh I don't like fighting any of them" or "They all die by my hand regardless", etc. But there must be a group or species you prefer fighting above the others, right?

I have no idea why, but I made a strawpoll for everybody to vote in(above)--tell me what you think, and if you want to, say why!

Cabal.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 12:41 (2740 days ago) @ Morpheus

The sound of their heads popping is oddly satisfying.

Cabal.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:39 (2740 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Yeah man, their tiny little heads popping is great. And they jump way up in the air so you can give them an aerial headshot and they go flipping about. The Psions are obnoxious little s***s though.

Vex

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:06 (2740 days ago) @ Morpheus

Might have something to do w/ fond memories of Fatebringer.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 01:19 (2739 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

+2

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 02:34 (2739 days ago) @ dogcow

Using Fatebringer on Vex is sublime.

Also, there's something that feels really good about getting criticals on Vex that doesn't feel quite as good getting headshots on the other enemy types, for whatever reason.

Guardians....

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:21 (2740 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Fallen

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:21 (2740 days ago) @ Morpheus

I prefer the Fallen because they have more variety in the unit types.

Fallen

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:27 (2740 days ago) @ Chappy

Really? I would say they have the least variety in unit types! Mind you they have the most units that I can think of... But I wouldn't use the word variety. They seem kinda bland to me in terms of fighting. I mean you just shoot them in the head. That's it.

Fallen

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:55 (2740 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Really? I would say they have the least variety in unit types! Mind you they have the most units that I can think of... But I wouldn't use the word variety. They seem kinda bland to me in terms of fighting. I mean you just shoot them in the head. That's it.

Dregs, shanks, captains, vandals, kells, servitors, walkers, pikes, Randal, Archons, Drop Ships. I'm sure I'm missing something too. This doesn't include house variants, taken variants, splicer variants, shank bosses, guardian's wearing FotL maskes, etc..

But Destiny IS a game about shooting stuff in the head

Fallen

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 24, 2016, 14:09 (2740 days ago) @ unoudid

Dregs, shanks, captains, vandals, kells, servitors, walkers, pikes, Randal, Archons, Drop Ships. I'm sure I'm missing something too. This doesn't include house variants, taken variants, splicer variants, shank bosses, guardian's wearing FotL maskes, etc..

But Destiny IS a game about shooting stuff in the head

This is true, but what I mean is, I like love things like cabal shields where you can't simply shoot stuff in the head, or vex where the enemies actually become more dangerous if you shoot them in the head.

And this makes me sad, because it terms of feel, I think that the fallen have the most potential to be the most interesting game wise. Yet they are just lacking good game/fighting mechanics imho.

They're so interchangeable though. Okay, okay, I'll bite.

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 24, 2016, 21:42 (2740 days ago) @ Morpheus

Hive, I guess. I enjoy killing hordes of thrall at once, as well as the death animations for critical hits are great on all hive. I hate wizards, but that also means I really enjoy killing them.

I do wish that there weren't so many units that were effectively cognates between factions. It literally would not surprise me if dregs, acolytes, and psions all used the exact same AI script.

And of course none of the units have "group" tactics. They all act the same no matter whether there's one of them or twenty. Why are cabal soldiers hiding behind their phalanxes? Why don't they have some sort of grenade lobbers to fire over the shields? That would make a lot more sense than straight shooting guns that can't fire because there's a giant shield guy in front of you. The presence of a captain in no way affects the behavior of the subordinate troops. None of the enemies react to the deaths of any of the other enemies. Grenade near me? Run grenade_anim_1. Doesn't matter if I have 10 friends around, we're all gonna run grenade_anim_1. Sure would be nice if one of them would dive on it to save the others. But no. Again, I feel like Halo did at least some of these things (reacting to other enemy deaths for certain), and Destiny is a step backwards in terms of the enemy behavior and complexity.

Hive

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 00:16 (2739 days ago) @ Morpheus

On account of their enormous heads. Easiest race to headshot by far, followed by Fallen.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread