Superblack Shader finally available via Tiny Box of Raisins (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:08 (2766 days ago)

Apparently this shader has been in the database since launch and is finally available. If you didn't save your raisins from last year, you can get more as part of a mini quest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/59a7ns/tiny_box_of_raisins_miniquest/

[image]

EDIT: Oops, i guess disregard, or merge it with the other thread. sorry

Actually

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:29 (2766 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

My thread was super vague. Probably better to merge that with yours rather than vice versa.

Superblack Shader finally available via Tiny Box of Raisins

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:47 (2766 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Haha, nice! I actually do still have some raisins. I didn't really expect to be able to use them for anything, the description just amused me so much I couldn't get rid of them.

Deleted mine with Rise of Iron. (shakes fist)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:58 (2766 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

You can get more!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 01:52 (2765 days ago) @ dogcow

You'll need to pay the Speaker 25 motes to Ascend them though.

Which makes this FotL the most relevant he's been since HoW, now that I think about it. Weird.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 13:35 (2766 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Note that when you take the (ascendant) raisins from your vault, it unlocks grimoire.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 14:06 (2765 days ago) @ Chappy

Note that when you take the (ascendant) raisins from your vault, it unlocks grimoire.

You stuck your raisins in your vault? This is how you get ants!

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 14:47 (2765 days ago) @ Korny

No, man! The vault is airtight. Ants can't get in there.

Disappointed that the green shader looks like vomit.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 14:21 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

But it glows in the dark!

by BlackstarBSP, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 21:23 (2765 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Hmm...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 17:11 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It's only a tiny bit darker than Old Guard; I can see the difference if I switch between them, but if I put one on and run around for a little bit, I can't actually tell which one I'm wearing.

Still... I like that they found a use for the raisins. :)

Depends on your opinion of tiger stripes

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 17:17 (2765 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

depending armor, tiger stripes may/may not show up

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 17:32 (2765 days ago) @ CyberKN

good alternative to get rid of the tiger stripes

Tiger stripes 4ever!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 19:58 (2765 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Only as a rug to walk all over

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 20:39 (2765 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Hmm...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 17:17 (2765 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's only a tiny bit darker than Old Guard...

It's actually not quite as dark as Hallow with the Hunter's WotM armor. Probably looks darker on anything that uses that 3rd shader color, though.

-Disciple

Hmm...

by petetheduck, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 22:21 (2765 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's only a tiny bit darker than Old Guard; I can see the difference if I switch between them, but if I put one on and run around for a little bit, I can't actually tell which one I'm wearing.

Still... I like that they found a use for the raisins. :)

My Beltane is darker than both on my Raid gear, I don't get it.

Raid gear is screws the shaders over, for some reason

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 23:06 (2765 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

It's 'Bittersteel' but with black armor. Others are darker.

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:46 (2763 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Atlantean 5055 for example has a 'darker' black foundation, but with blue armor.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:37 (2763 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

Atlantean 5055 for example has a 'darker' black foundation, but with blue armor.

I have been checking in with Eva Levante a couple of times a day, for a couple of weeks, waiting for her to sell this shader again. I know her stock only updates every 48 hours, but I keep checking just in case I forgot. It looks SOOOO good on all of my characters :p

-Disciple

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:38 (2763 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I have been checking in with Eva Levante a couple of times a day, for a couple of weeks, waiting for her to sell this shader again. I know her stock only updates every 48 hours, but I keep checking just in case I forgot. It looks SOOOO good on all of my characters :p

-Disciple

Pretty sure it's every 24 hours.

Also, she's selling it right now.

Woohoo!!!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 19:06 (2763 days ago) @ CyberKN

Pretty sure it's every 24 hours.

Maybe it just seems like it because I check every time I drop off a bag of candy, but I swear she's had the same group of shaders for at least a couple of days.

Also, she's selling it right now.

Thanks for the heads up!

-Disciple

Yup, big fan of that one. :)

by BlackstarBSP, Friday, October 28, 2016, 21:55 (2762 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:28 (2762 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

You could have just dropped it in your vault and then recovered a new one from your collections on the character that does have it.

I've done that with a boat load of shaders.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, October 30, 2016, 17:52 (2760 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

holy shit
I was already unaccountably happy about my tiny box of raisins turning into something else, but this...
I love this

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread