Recore sale, worth $15? (Gaming)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 28, 2016, 21:14 (2677 days ago)

So, Recore is on sale for $15. So, my XBox brethren/cousins, is it worth that $15? I've got an sad & lonely XB1 wanting me to play with it.

Just started it

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, November 28, 2016, 21:46 (2677 days ago) @ dogcow

Some pizza place was doing a $10 off video games deal and my wife's co-worker hooked her up with a code so I snagged it for $5.

It's interesting so far. Some basic mechanics aren't explained well in the beginning (HOLD B to dash through the gate. Core pulling is like fishing; don't pull too hard.) but it's fun once you get the hang of things. I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

-Disciple

it's fun, i need to go back and finish it

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:13 (2677 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

i got it at launch, and am about halfway through it. then rise of iron and gears of war 4 happened, so it's been neglected.

Recore sale, worth $15?

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, November 28, 2016, 21:59 (2677 days ago) @ dogcow

I'm still sort of near the beginning. I did the first dungeon and also an optional dungeon. The game is certainly rough around the edges, and I've heard the end gets quite a bit grindy, but I really like the gameplay style and it's really neat. I guess it's sort of cool to see what it could have been in it, but it's not like the game is bad and those things don't shine through. They absolutely do. It's just...a bit unpolished.

Ultimately, for $15, I'd say it's worth the risk. It's certainly unique, and to me that's worth it. (Full disclosure, I paid $20). It also had Mr. Joseph Staten as (one of the?/the?) writers.

Yes

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 28, 2016, 23:32 (2677 days ago) @ dogcow

I'd consider it a classic platformer of sorts.

Recore sale, worth $15? Thanks for the input!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 13:33 (2677 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Inside, Oxenfree, ABZU, Firewatch. Which is worth $14?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:43 (2673 days ago) @ dogcow

If I can only get one...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:52 (2673 days ago) @ Korny

If I can only get one...

I have only played ABZU, but I highly recommend it. Expect an underwater "Journey"-like experience.

(The studio was founded by the art director of Journey)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 02, 2016, 21:03 (2673 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Kermit, Friday, December 02, 2016, 21:10

If I can only get one...

INSIDE without a doubt--it's truly a great game. I loved Firewatch, and would recommend it, but it's like a Raymond Carver story as game, which people understandably love or hate.

Was disappointed with ABZU. Never got the hang of the controls, and it never reached the heights of Journey, which I adored. Unfortunately I couldn't stop comparing the two, and ABZU suffered from the comparison.

My opinions are tainted by the fact that I haven't played Oxenfree.

If you liked LIMBO, then INSIDE

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, December 02, 2016, 22:19 (2673 days ago) @ Korny

My friend got it and I played two levels. It is sweet!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread