THAB 12/01/16 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 21:21 (2674 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 21:41

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45485/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--12012016

• Bungie will have something to show at PSX
  • Rift Iron Banner Next Week
  • Drops for the above include Scout Rifles, Fusion Rifles, Helmets and Class Items
  • MLG Destiny is a thing now

MLG Destiny

by Kahzgul, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 22:29 (2674 days ago) @ CyberKN

The game has all of the potential to be the definitive MLG FPS game. But holy hell the lag issues! I'm very, very disappointed in MLG for allowing a game with such issues to be part of their series. It's going to be a joke.

Gear control

by Durandal, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 22:45 (2674 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Unless gear is strictly controlled, I think any MLG Destiny game will in part be determined by who has the latest perfect roll weapons.

Gear control

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 23:22 (2674 days ago) @ Durandal

Unless gear is strictly controlled, I think any MLG Destiny game will in part be determined by who has the latest perfect roll weapons.

This is an interesting question. Beyond that, I wonder if they will go so far as to limit subclass options such as grenades as well.

Probably*. They're usually really strict on this crap, right

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 23:44 (2674 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 23:50 (2674 days ago) @ Funkmon

To me, that would ruin a lot of the 'fun' of the game.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 02, 2016, 01:09 (2674 days ago) @ Cody Miller

To me, that would ruin a lot of the 'fun' of the game.

Sure, but we're talking about the people that turn Halo into a BRs only bore fest, so that's no surprise.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, December 02, 2016, 02:00 (2674 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Official MLG Destiny Rules:

- Cannot pick any subclass you want. Must use unleveled minimum armor Warlock.
- Cannot use double jump
- Cannot use melee
- Cannot use grenades
- Cannot use Super
- Cannot use Hancannons, Auto Rifles, Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Sidearms, Fusion Rifles, Heavy Machineguns, Rocket Launchers, Swords.
- Cannot use Motion Tracker
- Cannot use Sparrow
- Cannot use HUD
- Cannot use ADS
- Cannot level up any weapon perks
- And most importantly: Cannot play anything that remotely resembles Destiny.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:03 (2673 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Official MLG Destiny Rules:

- Cannot pick any subclass you want. Must use unleveled minimum armor Warlock.
- Cannot use double jump
- Cannot use melee
- Cannot use grenades
- Cannot use Super
- Cannot use Hancannons, Auto Rifles, Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Sidearms, Fusion Rifles, Heavy Machineguns, Rocket Launchers, Swords.
- Cannot use Motion Tracker
- Cannot use Sparrow
- Cannot use HUD
- Cannot use ADS
- Cannot level up any weapon perks
- And most importantly: Cannot play anything that remotely resembles Destiny.
- Halo 2 Battle Rifles only

FTFY

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:34 (2673 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Which part? I allowed Pulse Rifles... :p

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:51 (2673 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Which part? I allowed Battle Rifles... :p

Shh!! Be careful!! You know how they get when you blaspheme The One True Gun.

Sounds wonderful.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, December 03, 2016, 22:37 (2672 days ago) @ cheapLEY

BR borefest is my favourite borefest.

Sounds wonderful.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 18:02 (2671 days ago) @ someotherguy

BR borefest is my favourite borefest.

I think it was co-incidental that I started being turned off by the hardcore competitive crowd at around the same time that Schooly D trashed the crucible.

I thought it would be a good idea to limit weapon usage only, but even that I'm not even so sure about. That adds a tremendous variety to the game. You can't just say no pulse rifles because that is dumb. You can't just say no clever dragon because that is dumb. And so while there are quite a few weapons that will simply dominate the meta, banning or restricting gun type would do more harm than good at this point when the game is designed around variety.

Destiny 2 really needs to separate the crucible from PvE. This way, Bungie can include a wide variety or weapons, exotics, and archetypes for use in the crucible, yet balance them all in such a way that nothing is totally dominant. No random perks either. Just a much smaller set of guns, that can be much more easily balanced.

What you're saying isnt that different

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 21:02 (2671 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Weapon restrictions are weapon restrictions. MLG rules dont limit choices because theyre boring people who hate fun (ymmv), they do it for balance. If Bungie could balance their own PvP that would be swell, but in the absence of that...

What you're saying isnt that different

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 23:57 (2671 days ago) @ someotherguy

Weapon restrictions are weapon restrictions. MLG rules dont limit choices because theyre boring people who hate fun (ymmv), they do it for balance. If Bungie could balance their own PvP that would be swell, but in the absence of that...

My point is that balance is overrated. Local imbalances are super fun and make for a great game.

Rift Iron Banner? Sounds lit.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, December 02, 2016, 03:02 (2674 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

THAB 12/01/16

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 02, 2016, 04:33 (2674 days ago) @ CyberKN

[*]MLG Destiny is a thing now

No, no, no, Bungie. April Fools' Day is in April.

lol

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:04 (2673 days ago) @ stabbim

I laugh because otherwise I'll cry.

I can't believe they made IB rift again. Why not Salvage?

by Funkmon @, Friday, December 02, 2016, 11:07 (2674 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Or 12-Player FFA Mayhem?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 03, 2016, 16:19 (2672 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread