Activision has brought in Vicarious Visions to help Bungie. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 16:08 (2667 days ago)
edited by Korny, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 16:12

Announced on Facebook. VV has Developed Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, they're doing the Crash Bandicoot remastered trilogy, and have a long history of porting games over to handheld systems. Recently, they're the developer handling all of the Skylanders content.

Make of that what you will!

"Yeah... We're pretty desperate", says Bungie Spokesperson

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 16:18 (2667 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

"Yeah... We're pretty desperate", says Bungie Spokesperson

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 16:55 (2667 days ago) @ someotherguy

I doesn't necessarily mean that.

Telltale is expanding the Walking Dead universe in the form of a series of adventure games for example. So this could mean spin offs like Halo Wars just as easily as it means new expansions or getting help on the main game. It's vague enough that you can't draw any conclusions yet.

Some possibilities are less bad than others… but I don't think any are particularly GOOD.

Activision has brought in Vicarious Visions to help Bungie.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 19:06 (2666 days ago) @ Korny

Announced on Facebook. VV has Developed Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, they're doing the Crash Bandicoot remastered trilogy, and have a long history of porting games over to handheld systems. Recently, they're the developer handling all of the Skylanders content.

Make of that what you will!

Hmm... the VV post (and photo) have been deleted from Facebook; I wonder if the announcement was too soon?

You sure? I can still pull up the post.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 19:21 (2666 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And the image:
[image]

yeah, just googled the company name and found it too.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 19:31 (2666 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

You sure? I can still pull up the post.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 19:36 (2666 days ago) @ Korny

And the image:
[image]

Can you link to it? I did a google search, and found two articles (IGN and Polygon) whose links both point to nonexistent Facebook content. I looked on Activision's page, Vicarious Visions' page, and Destiny the Game's page, with no hits.

Thanks for your help!

Huh. Found it...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 19:38 (2666 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://www.facebook.com/vicarious.visions.5/posts/10206286568521972

Oddly enough, that's not the page that came up when I searched Facebook for VV.

Huh. Found it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 19:48 (2666 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://www.facebook.com/vicarious.visions.5/posts/10206286568521972

Oddly enough, that's not the page that came up when I searched Facebook for VV.

Yeah, for some reason they set up their real Facebook account as a person, not a company. Go figure...

Huh. Found it...

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 23:34 (2666 days ago) @ Korny

Company pages are more limited in the ways they can interact with people, iirc.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread