Dealing with Jugg Shotties (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 17:53 (2668 days ago)

If anyone's exhausted from all the Jugg Shield/Matador warriors out there, here's a really detailed video on best ways to handle them.

For the record, I really enjoy all of True Vanguard's videos. Really quality player and seriously a nice guy. No salt.

This video made me think it might be fun/helpful to setup private matches to let clan members practice certain techniques they wanted to improve. Like drag scoping. Don't know if there'd be any interest in it.

Dealing with Jugg Shotties

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 18:29 (2668 days ago) @ BeardFade

I kinda want to set up a private match just to have Warlocks bomb my Ward of Dawn with different settings and see how things behave...

Maybe we should come up with a list of things we are curious about or want to practice so we have plenty to do?

- Dealing with Juggernaut Shield
- Ward of Dawn vs X
- Sniping Practice
- Cloak Duration (where can you get to with different cloak settings)
- Etc

I'd be up for helping you with that

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 18:42 (2668 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 18:45 (2668 days ago) @ BeardFade

I love bombing some Wards. The fact that they're Raga's would the cherry on the top

+1

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 18:59 (2668 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by BeardFade, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 19:15

I'm with Raga on this. I think a Void bomb should neutralize a WoD, but not kill the people inside it unless they use Lance, and and maybe if they use Vortex and the guardians inside do not move fast enough (though it should be a few seconds of departure time).

I don't disagree with you

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 19:11 (2668 days ago) @ BeardFade

Wards really should completely protect people from regular-spec'ed supers. I even think Lance should only hurt people inside it (maybe a lot), as opposed to killing anyone.

+1

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 19:27 (2668 days ago) @ BeardFade

Amusingly, what I think I saw the other day was that Lance of all things was completely blocked (killing the bubble) and left me completely unharmed while a normal and split Nova Bomb kill everybody... I want to know for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 20:25 (2668 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 20:40 (2668 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Amusingly, what I think I saw the other day was that Lance of all things was completely blocked (killing the bubble) and left me completely unharmed while a normal and split Nova Bomb kill everybody... I want to know for sure.

So I haven't done any scientific testing, but I have definitely had instances where my Nova Bomb will destroy a bubble AND kill everyone inside, and other cases where it destroys the bubble but kills nobody. I only ever use normal Nova Bombs (with Vortex). Of course, there is the perk on the Voidwalker skill tree that increases the size of void detonations, which might be making a difference.

I often wonder if has to do with the proximity to the bubble wall when it gets hit by the Nova Bomb. So if I'm standing just inside a bubble, and a Nova Bomb hits the bubble only a few inches away from me, it will kill me. But if I'm at the far end of the bubble, I'll survive. Possible?

+1

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 20:54 (2668 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Let's add that to the chart of things to test.

I see a Mayhem match in our future.

+1

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 21:14 (2668 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 21:23

So I haven't done any scientific testing, but I have definitely had instances where my Nova Bomb will destroy a bubble AND kill everyone inside, and other cases where it destroys the bubble but kills nobody. I only ever use normal Nova Bombs (with Vortex). Of course, there is the perk on the Voidwalker skill tree that increases the size of void detonations, which might be making a difference.

I often wonder if has to do with the proximity to the bubble wall when it gets hit by the Nova Bomb. So if I'm standing just inside a bubble, and a Nova Bomb hits the bubble only a few inches away from me, it will kill me. But if I'm at the far end of the bubble, I'll survive. Possible?

Could be. For instance, Vex Hydra shots have a little area of splash damage that can bleed through the bubble's wall if it hits the ground right beside you. Maybe the Nova Bomb area of effect extends a bit into the bubble as well? Interestingly, Fist of Havoc doesn't seem to though. I've landed either in or out of a bubble and failed to kill the people on the other side enough times to confirm that...

IIRC

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 00:37 (2667 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Shatter on a Nova bomb will kill the bubble AND people inside it. Also Fist of Havok w/ Shockwave can kill the people inside after landing your fist on the outside of a bubble.

IIRC

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 03:39 (2667 days ago) @ unoudid

The shockwave isn't blocked? Maybe the initial Fist of Havoc kills the bubble then the shockwave goes forward and kills the people?

IIRC

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 13:09 (2667 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The shockwave isn't blocked? Maybe the initial Fist of Havoc kills the bubble then the shockwave goes forward and kills the people?

That's what I'm thinking. you have to kill the bubble with the initial slam. Either that or you could also just use aftershock then that can kill the people inside?

IIRC

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 13:58 (2667 days ago) @ unoudid

That's an interesting thing to test as well. Is the shockwave alone enough to pop the bubble? Is it even possible to land far enough away to not kill the bubble but still have the shockwave reach it?

DBO Destiny Mythbusters. ;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 07, 2017, 15:32 (2665 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Make us a logo, Cody!

I'll check my schedule...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 21:45 (2667 days ago) @ BeardFade

And make an event called "For Science" where we can test out these theories. Just gotta figure out when I'll be able to play for certain next.

Dealing with Jugg Shotties

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 07, 2017, 17:37 (2665 days ago) @ BeardFade

For the record, I really enjoy all of True Vanguard's videos. Really quality player and seriously a nice guy. No salt.

Yeah. Every time I see him he takes the time to ask "what's up?" with me before he gets into his stuff. Really considerate.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread