The Golden Age

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:08 (4078 days ago)

It would be great if similar to what Bungie and Microsoft did with The Fall of Reach novel for Halo: Combat Evolved, Bungie released a prequel novel or something going in-depth into this "Golden Age" teased in the ViDoc.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...obligatory Eric Nylund mention.

I'm excited enough to paint a prequel graphic novel...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:11 (4078 days ago) @ Grizzlei

It would be great if similar to what Bungie and Microsoft did with The Fall of Reach novel for Halo: Combat Evolved, Bungie released a prequel novel or something going in-depth into this "Golden Age" teased in the ViDoc.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...obligatory Eric Nylund mention.

... if you know... I had any idea what the universe was really about... :)

Good rule of writing: probably should have at least ONE character name before starting a 200 page epic...

Practice your frayed cape drawing.

by scarab @, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:30 (4078 days ago) @ Leviathan

If you do a web version then you MUST animate the capes blowing in the wind.

Practice your frayed cape drawing.

by Jillybean, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:38 (4078 days ago) @ scarab

So majestic . . . blowing in the wind . . .

[image]

The Golden Age

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:53 (4078 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I'm not sure I agree. This whole universe is reminding me of panzer dragoon a fair bit (sega boy, here). Part of the fun of that series was the mystery and discovery of lost pre-event human technologies. I think getting a golden age prequel novel could take some of the fun away. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 12:20 (4078 days ago) @ The Woaf

Also, it really sounds like that uncovering the Golden Age is a major part of the plot. (Compare to Halo, where the plot centers around the ring, not the UNSC.)

The Golden Age

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:38 (4078 days ago) @ The Woaf

I'm not sure I agree. This whole universe is reminding me of panzer dragoon a fair bit (sega boy, here). Part of the fun of that series was the mystery and discovery of lost pre-event human technologies. I think getting a golden age prequel novel could take some of the fun away. Just my opinion.

Just what I was thinking. No point in removing tons of the mystery before we even get to experience the game proper.

Also, more mystery equals more exploration to be had, which certainly seems to be a driving force behind Destiny's 'mission statement'.

Prequel doesn't mean all secrets would be revealed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:51 (4078 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

They could still have a prequel that lead up to the Traveler or the beginning of the Golden Age long before the enemy aliens came.

Didn't say they would.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:53 (4078 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Of course

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:56 (4078 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Yeah yeah, didn't mean that to sound argumentative, just thinking out loud.

Of course

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:59 (4078 days ago) @ Xenos

Honestly, I like the idea of having a book set in the Golden Age as long as it's...

A.) ...relatively cryptic overall, posing more questions than it answers.

B.) ...released after the first game comes out.

Personally, I love being thrown into worlds with little knowledge of what's going on and puzzling it all together.

Agreed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:03 (4078 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Honestly, I like the idea of having a book set in the Golden Age as long as it's...

A.) ...relatively cryptic overall, posing more questions than it answers.

B.) ...released after the first game comes out.

Personally, I love being thrown into worlds with little knowledge of what's going on and puzzling it all together.

Couldn't agree more, kind of like Fall of Reach coming out after Halo: CE. I think it would be quite different than a Halo book though since from what they have shown us so far there will be no main character in the Destiny game like there was in Halo. Most likely characters in a prequel you would never encounter in the game, especially if it is set in the Golden Age.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread