Easter Eggs (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 16:01 (2672 days ago)

Are there even any easter eggs in Destiny? Halo had a bunch, but I can only think of one (bones in loot cave) in Destiny.

Are there others? Refresh my memory.

Tower Hijinx

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 16:19 (2672 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are there even any easter eggs in Destiny? Halo had a bunch, but I can only think of one (bones in loot cave) in Destiny.

They're barely hidden, but I consider the jukebox and the lost broom easter eggs.

Easter Eggs

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 16:39 (2672 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There's quite a few:

• The random Guardian in stasis your Ghost comments on at the top of the colony ship in the Cayde's Stash mission seems pretty out of place and might be one.
  • Various people say silly things over the Tower's PA system. Most are just amusing in-world stuff but there's a few actual Easter eggs among them like "Blame Stosh" and something about "...serving your mom since 1991..."
  • The Amusment Sphere, Soccer Ball and Servitor Ball might be considered minor Easter eggs.
  • Randal the Vandal returns as Rahndel Perfected in Wrath of the Machine.
  • There were those 7 coins hidden around the Tower. Like up in the trees and stuff. Someone won a prize or something for being the first to screenshot them all.
  • The Tower fan and the Iron Temple's mancannon fire are kinda Easter eggs.
  • That you can scale the Iron Temple's mountain peak is not at all obvious at first.
  • There's some clever messages hidden by a UI designer in hex code on the edges of the main screen of the Director.
  • Many of the gun names are references to various movies, books, sci-fi concepts,etc. My favorite was probably "TFWPKY 1969."
  • During the last Festival of the Lost, there were those converging shadows in the Reef that merged to form a representation of Oryx on the floor.
  • There's Skori's Song which can be played on the Iron Temple's bells for an achievement.
  • The MIDA Multi-tool might be a subtle reference to the MIDA terrorist group that, in Marathon's universe, briefly overthrew the UEG on Mars.
  • There's the bianary code on Rasputin's terminals and the scrolling coded messages on various displays on multiple Crucible maps.

Probably some other stuff to that I'm forgetting.

Easter Eggs

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 17:06 (2672 days ago) @ Ragashingo

There's quite a few:

• The random Guardian in stasis your Ghost comments on at the top of the colony ship in the Cayde's Stash mission seems pretty out of place and might be one.
  • Various people say silly things over the Tower's PA system. Most are just amusing in-world stuff but there's a few actual Easter eggs among them like "Blame Stosh" and something about "...serving your mom since 1991..."
  • The Amusment Sphere, Soccer Ball and Servitor Ball might be considered minor Easter eggs.
  • Randal the Vandal returns as Rahndel Perfected in Wrath of the Machine.
  • There were those 7 coins hidden around the Tower. Like up in the trees and stuff. Someone won a prize or something for being the first to screenshot them all.
  • The Tower fan and the Iron Temple's mancannon fire are kinda Easter eggs.
  • That you can scale the Iron Temple's mountain peak is not at all obvious at first.
  • There's some clever messages hidden by a UI designer in hex code on the edges of the main screen of the Director.
  • Many of the gun names are references to various movies, books, sci-fi concepts,etc. My favorite was probably "TFWPKY 1969."
  • During the last Festival of the Lost, there were those converging shadows in the Reef that merged to form a representation of Oryx on the floor.
  • There's Skori's Song which can be played on the Iron Temple's bells for an achievement.
  • The MIDA Multi-tool might be a subtle reference to the MIDA terrorist group that, in Marathon's universe, briefly overthrew the UEG on Mars.
  • There's the bianary code on Rasputin's terminals and the scrolling coded messages on various displays on multiple Crucible maps.

Probably some other stuff to that I'm forgetting.

Good list, thanks. Some of those I'd definitely consider easter eggs.

Easter Eggs

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 18:21 (2672 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[*]Many of the gun names are references to various movies, books, sci-fi concepts,etc. My favorite was probably "TFWPKY 1969."

I would consider Cayde's hand cannon, Ace of Spades, having firefly as an easter egg.

Easter Eggs

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 19:11 (2672 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The "Master Chief Tower" on Mars, during that one strike with the tank...

*Sort of OT* Subtle Destiny Easter Egg in Warframe...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 19:20 (2672 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In Warframe, once you reach a Mastery Rank of 7, you unlock an optional quest called "The Silver Grove". The first part (Nightfall Apothic) requires you to go to Earth and collect plants from the day and night cycle, which sure does bring back some memories...

Coincidence?

*Triggered*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 21:08 (2672 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

huh?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 21:33 (2672 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Easter Eggs

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 00:56 (2672 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The random Guardian in stasis your Ghost comments on at the top of the colony ship in the Cayde's Stash mission seems pretty out of place and might be one.

Is that a Master Chief reference, or something else? I can't remember what Ghost says, something about wanting to sleep or something? It's pretty non-obvious what it's a reference to, but MC is the only thing that really makes sense. Ghost mentions a number on the pod or something--is that relevant?

Also on the Master Chief, no one will ever be able to convince me that the Cabal watchtower only accidentally looks like a Spartan helmet.

Easter Eggs

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 02:26 (2672 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The random Guardian in stasis your Ghost comments on at the top of the colony ship in the Cayde's Stash mission seems pretty out of place and might be one.

Is that a Master Chief reference, or something else? I can't remember what Ghost says, something about wanting to sleep or something? It's pretty non-obvious what it's a reference to, but MC is the only thing that really makes sense. Ghost mentions a number on the pod or something--is that relevant?

Also on the Master Chief, no one will ever be able to convince me that the Cabal watchtower only accidentally looks like a Spartan helmet.

Our Ghost says:

Pod #10201. A guardian with exceptional Light sealed himself inside. He's been in there for centuries. Before I found you, I tried to ressurect him, but he preferred to sleep. He said the last war was enough for a thousand lifetimes.

Yeah, the closest thing that comes to mind is the Master Chief at the end of Halo 3. But something about it doesn't feel right. There's just no solid connection to Halo that I can see. If it'd been pod 117, then sure... but this 10201? I'm just not convinced.

It is pod 117

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 13:28 (2671 days ago) @ Ragashingo

If it'd been pod 117, then sure... but this 10201? I'm just not convinced.

(1*0)+(2*0)+1 = 1
1+(0*2)+(0*1) = 1
10-2+0-1 = 7

O.O

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 14:03 (2671 days ago) @ unoudid

Meth Math, not even once

Easter Eggs

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 15:48 (2671 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah, the closest thing that comes to mind is the Master Chief at the end of Halo 3. But something about it doesn't feel right. There's just no solid connection to Halo that I can see. If it'd been pod 117, then sure... but this 10201? I'm just not convinced.

Ghost's description obviously matches that of Master Chief. And apparently Error 10201 is a common MS Windows error that occurs related to the OS not recognizing or initializing with an external peripheral (like a usb stick). [source: hasty googling]

So obviously, this is Bungies subtle nod to MS taking Chief, trying to plug him into their own lore, and failing.

This is all very obvious and I can't believe no one has figured it out yet.

It is pod 117

by squidnh3, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 17:06 (2671 days ago) @ unoudid

10201 is 100 in Base 3. 10001 is 17 in Binary (convert the 2 to a 0 in binary). Added together = 117.

O.O

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 17:18 (2671 days ago) @ ZackDark

Meth Math Numerology, not even once

It is pod 117

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 17:21 (2671 days ago) @ squidnh3

(convert the 2 to a 0 in binary)

Shouldn't you convert it to 10, though? 11001?

It is pod 117

by squidnh3, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 18:26 (2671 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yes but then it doesn't work. How about take out the 2, then 2+base3+base2=7.

Cody's Concrete Conclusions

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 18:37 (2671 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

+1

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 19:01 (2671 days ago) @ ManKitten

Ghost's description obviously matches that of Master Chief. And apparently Error 10201 is a common MS Windows error that occurs related to the OS not recognizing or initializing with an external peripheral (like a USB stick). [source: hasty googling]

So obviously, this is Bungie's subtle nod to MS taking Chief, trying to plug him into their own lore, and failing.

This is all very obvious and I can't believe no one has figured it out yet.

This is, by far, the best explanation.

-Disciple

Which are what again?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 20:17 (2671 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Happy birthday to Claude.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, January 26, 2017, 19:22 (2670 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

King's Fall Basketball Court

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 26, 2017, 19:32 (2670 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Still Haven't Been...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 27, 2017, 03:56 (2669 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Me either.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 27, 2017, 14:20 (2669 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

FTB Event? ;-D

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 27, 2017, 15:35 (2669 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread