I probably won't be around quite as much (Off-Topic)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, February 06, 2017, 17:40 (2633 days ago)

I'm changing jobs and preparing to move and whatnot. I'll probably still be online some here and there, but I expect to be too busy to game much for a while.

I probably won't be around quite as much

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, February 06, 2017, 18:00 (2633 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Good luck with the new stuff!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 06, 2017, 18:08 (2633 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Are you officially moving out to the NW part of the country?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, February 06, 2017, 21:14 (2632 days ago) @ unoudid

Are you officially moving out to the NW part of the country?

Actually, we've decided to go North to MN.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 06, 2017, 19:36 (2632 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'm changing jobs and preparing to move and whatnot. I'll probably still be online some here and there, but I expect to be too busy to game much for a while.

Understood. I hope the changes were desired and not forced, but regardless good luck!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 06, 2017, 20:29 (2632 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Good luck with the move, man. Hope you're up and running by Andromeda time. :p

by Robot Chickens, Monday, February 06, 2017, 22:35 (2632 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Like others have mentioned, I hope your move is for good reasons. We will miss you, and I hope you're around for Destiny 2 if not sooner

Yes, good reasons

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 02:02 (2632 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

When?

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 12:07 (2632 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Cause I really don't want to fly to KC and find out you moved away and I have to drink Boulevard all alone.

When?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 13:09 (2632 days ago) @ Up North 65

Cause I really don't want to fly to KC and find out you moved away and I have to drink Boulevard all alone.

You can always just pour one out in memory of those who have left the area

When?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 19:28 (2631 days ago) @ unoudid

You can always just pour one out in memory of those who have left the area

Timing is still up in the air, but I don't expect to leave KC before June.

^ See what I did there?

I try not to waste beer.

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 16:52 (2631 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

so our memory would be a waste?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 17:02 (2631 days ago) @ Up North 65

- No text -

Drink the beer in your memory. All problems solved

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 17:08 (2631 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Stop being selfish. pouring one out is for them, not you.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 17:49 (2631 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Wait you "pour one out"?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 18:33 (2630 days ago) @ unoudid

Jeez, and people complain when I accidentally spill...

you need some fallen friends

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 19:08 (2630 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

Is it?

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 19:07 (2630 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 19:13

I would argue that the symbolic act is for the person/people participating in the ritual. At that point, you could make the argument that the sacrifice of the beer has an effect on the participant, but I'm not sure you can say it will have any impact on those who inspired the ritual. It really depends upon the goal of the ritual. Will drinking that beer again in the future conjure up the memory of comrades who have moved on? Then drinking it will help make those flavors and smells (which are powerful for memory) solidify the experience. However, sometimes it is helpful when one sacrifices something they love to honor the memory of someone. The act of self-denial shows the value of that person and you will remember that time unoudid denied you beer forever, thus enforcing the esteem placed upon that relationship. It really depends on the participant and the goal.

I say drink it, and tell unoudid that you poured it out.

You Sir are a bad person

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 20:30 (2630 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

...words....

You really are a horrible person if you'll not only drink the beer instead of pouring it out, but also then lie about it. Some would even say you have the heart of a robot and the integrity of a chicken

You Sir are a bad person

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 20:35 (2630 days ago) @ unoudid

...words....

You really are a horrible person if you'll not only drink the beer instead of pouring it out, but also then lie about it. Some would even say you have the heart of a robot and the integrity of a chicken

YOU LIE. HE HAS THE HEART OF A CHICKEN AND THE INTEG -

um... never mind.

+1

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 21:50 (2630 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Is it?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 09, 2017, 13:18 (2630 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Heh. But seriously, I'm used to drinking one more in memory. Makes more sense to me. Pouring out is usually reserved for some deity's favor, in the hope nothing bad happens.

Maybe this will help?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, February 09, 2017, 17:23 (2630 days ago) @ ZackDark

Need better alcoholics. Spilled beer gets you punched.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, February 09, 2017, 22:48 (2629 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

When?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, February 09, 2017, 17:23 (2630 days ago) @ Up North 65

I tried sending you an email through DBO - did you get it?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread