Crackdown 3's story will likely be very cringey... (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 13:28 (2632 days ago)

Joe Staten is apparently writing for it. Did we know this?

The Crackdown games have never been praised for their story, so at least he doesn't have a ton of pressure there, so if it's as generic and bland as ReCore was, people won't really hold it against him (considering that the game's been delayed and he's still in the writing process, I'm a bit skeptical that things are going smoothly).

Best of luck to him, though.

Wait, is it still being written?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 14:37 (2632 days ago) @ Korny

I thought it was already in development by the time Joe left Bungie...

Gee, I wonder what insightful commentary I'll read toda-

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 16:01 (2632 days ago) @ Korny

Oh.

Oh, it's just a thinly veiled insult at somebody who is greatly respected and admired by many who visit here.

Quality content, Korny.

P.S. Joe Staten tweeted that he was working on Crackdown over a year and a half ago.

Were The Stories For The First Two Any Good?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 17:26 (2632 days ago) @ Korny

The Crackdown series was essentially the definition of stress relief+God Mode+cartoon physics, all covered with a layer of unrealistically insane police brutality.

TELL me you sat through all those boring gang briefings in Crackdown 1 before and after every single boss. And the word boss is way too generous! They were just enemies with four bars of health instead of one or two.

And Crackdown 2--I don't remember if they even had bosses. Just kill humans by day and Floo--I mean freaks at night. And those weird stronghold missions.

So no--I doubt anybody really cares about the story for the 'cops' version of Grand Theft Auto. lol

I liked his book a lot.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 17:45 (2632 days ago) @ Korny

Was Staten's book generally well received?

I liked his book a lot.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 19:28 (2632 days ago) @ Funkmon

Was Staten's book generally well received?

Contact Harvest had a generally positive reception.

★★★★☆

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 19:42 (2632 days ago) @ Funkmon

At least, that's what I see on various websites.

★★★★☆

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 19:54 (2632 days ago) @ dogcow

At least, that's what I see on various websites.

There is no contactharvest.isnotcanon.net. That's the real test :-p

I liked his book a lot.

by EffortlessFury @, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 20:04 (2632 days ago) @ Funkmon

I thought it was solid. It was one of the few and IMO best books in the Bungie-Halo era to give insight to the Human-Covenant conflict and all it's political implications without going so overboard we hit Star Wars Prequel territory.

(Though I personally have no issues with the prequels being politics heavy, it probably could've been organized/written better)

I liked his book a lot.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 20:55 (2632 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I thought it was solid. It was one of the few and IMO best books in the Bungie-Halo era to give insight to the Human-Covenant conflict and all it's political implications without going so overboard we hit Star Wars Prequel territory.

Agreed. I liked several of the older Halo books, but Contact Harvest stood out as fleshing out the Human Covenant first contact in a way that fit very well with the games. And it gave us some great insight into the Covenant's politics and the fact that Humans were Forerunner decedents. Plus I really enjoyed the Mack / Sif relationship and Sif's helpful descent into a brief Rampancy.

Don't Care. Huge Explosions & falling 50 stories w/o dying.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 15:16 (2631 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread