Come on guys...I'm bored. (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, February 17, 2017, 17:57 (2624 days ago)

There's got to be something out there to complain and argue about.

Topic 1:

What's the deal with the hunter supers being weak sauce for PvP.

The Titan has solar hammers that are all "Hey you over there, DEAD! Those guys way over there BADEAD!! DEAD, you too DEAD!" Then there is the Warloc arc thing and it's all "zoomazoom zap DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD, zoomazoom Y'ALL DEAD!!"

Now the hunter has the arc blade but its like "Running running zippity slice...nope I got shot" The golden gun only has 3 shots, and it requires accuracy. The void bow...pfft.

When does the hunter get a super that just kills everything in a local area?

Topic 2:

Open world survival. Man, I miss playing DayZ. I was super excited for The Division and it turned out to be a steaming pile of disappointment. However, the concept they used of the Dark Zone was cool for PvP. Pull some concepts from Division, in a sandbox like DayZ, plug them into Destiny...oh man, I'll need a drool bib and an I.V.

Topic 3:

'member Halo 2 online? 'member custom games? 'member playing video games with your friends in the same room? 'member?

I'll give it a try for you

by Avateur @, Friday, February 17, 2017, 18:35 (2624 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Avateur, Friday, February 17, 2017, 18:40

There's got to be something out there to complain and argue about.

Destiny's been boring as hell since SRL left. It was technically boring as hell before it since the most recent "expansion" was pretty weak. #avateurwasright about how whenever Bungie buffs or nerfs things, they flip the car. Pendulum. Is this controversial yet? Probably not. Halo's dead and 343 sucks. That usually does the trick as far as complaining and arguing, but I think that everyone in this universe and the next agrees, so it doesn't usually happen anymore. Oh well, I tried for you dude.

Topic 1:

What's the deal with the hunter supers being weak sauce for PvP.

The Titan has solar hammers that are all "Hey you over there, DEAD! Those guys way over there BADEAD!! DEAD, you too DEAD!" Then there is the Warloc arc thing and it's all "zoomazoom zap DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD, zoomazoom Y'ALL DEAD!!"

Now the hunter has the arc blade but its like "Running running zippity slice...nope I got shot" The golden gun only has 3 shots, and it requires accuracy. The void bow...pfft.

When does the hunter get a super that just kills everything in a local area?

Hunters enjoyed a good, long time with a dominant super. May they forever be dumbed down and may they forever cower beneath the might of my Titan.

Topic 2:

Open world survival. Man, I miss playing DayZ. I was super excited for The Division and it turned out to be a steaming pile of disappointment. However, the concept they used of the Dark Zone was cool for PvP. Pull some concepts from Division, in a sandbox like DayZ, plug them into Destiny...oh man, I'll need a drool bib and an I.V.

I never played DayZ, but I heard it was pretty fun. Maybe Destiny 2 will give you all of your hopes and desires?

Topic 3:

'member Halo 2 online? 'member custom games? 'member playing video games with your friends in the same room? 'member?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I 'member! Those were good times. I haven't been to any type of LAN/tournament situation since Destiny's launch. Maybe Destiny 2 will bring forth all kinds of nifty things. I hope they get rid of online only. Stupid Weasel errors.

Come on guys...I'm bored.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 17, 2017, 23:23 (2624 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, February 17, 2017, 23:27

Ive been watching this guy's look back at the Halo franchise lately. The Halo 2 video really gave me warm fuzzies. HBO Forerunners for life!

Edit: It also really shows how lacking Destiny is. A 13 year old game from the original Xbox has better, more robust multiplayer than a game that's all multiplayer.

by Avateur @, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 01:40 (2624 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd argue that Bungie hasn't truly cared about multiplayer since Halo 3. The steady move-away from competitive play and ridiculous inability to balance well in Destiny leads me to this thought. I think Destiny, to Bungie, is all about PvE. Multiplayer almost appears to be just a thing they gotta deal with occasionally.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 14:54 (2620 days ago) @ Avateur

I'd argue that Bungie hasn't truly cared about multiplayer since Halo 3. The steady move-away from competitive play and ridiculous inability to balance well in Destiny leads me to this thought. I think Destiny, to Bungie, is all about PvE. Multiplayer almost appears to be just a thing they gotta deal with occasionally.

There's a reason that when my old roommate throws a halo party it's Halo 3. IMHO it was the last PvP that they really got right.

Edit: that sounds more pessimistic than I mean it to. Halo 3 PvP is my favorite of all of Bungie's PvP. By saying "they really got it right" I don't mean to imply that they didn't do good with the others, because they did, it's just the best, IMHO.

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 23:14 (2620 days ago) @ dogcow

There's a reason that when my old roommate throws a halo party it's Halo 3. IMHO it was the last PvP that they really got right.

Edit: that sounds more pessimistic than I mean it to. Halo 3 PvP is my favorite of all of Bungie's PvP. By saying "they really got it right" I don't mean to imply that they didn't do good with the others, because they did, it's just the best, IMHO.

I feel you. I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed playing Reach, but bloom, the maps, and the lack of competitive play (Arena was trash) was really disappointing. Looking back while being able to consider what Destiny is, it's pretty apparent to me that Reach was almost a pre-alpha testing grounds for Destiny ideas. Luckily, Reach was fun and enjoyable and had a soul. Crucible is still one of my main draws to Destiny, though this most recent patch has been a disaster if you ask me.

"Topic One" has been one of my top probs sience day one.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 02:15 (2624 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

"Topic Three"- You know what just got Custom Games?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 02:17 (2624 days ago) @ ManKitten

OVERWATCH! (PC only.... for now.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread