As someone who mains a Titan, this hurts. A lot. (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 21:36 (2617 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 21:41

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/222418147?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1

Josh Hamrick: When we talked about Regen earlier in the week I ambiguously talked about what and when we would be making changes because I wasn’t entirely sure. The majority of the change wasn’t intentional, but when I looked at the problem from afar, I could see how it may be beneficial in some ways after hearing feedback from the community following the Sandbox preview stream. For example, some of you had concerns that Hungering Blade was changing while other similar perks, such as Cauterize, were not. This unintended change was going to give us the ability to see what that would look like to make both of those changes. I wanted to make it clear that it was possible that we could find something that we wanted to keep. I didn’t want to say that we’d put it all back, when we might not.

Having an enemies ability or attack be able to completely erase any progress you've made and completely reset an encounter feels bad. Also, when 1 hit kill weapons are less dominant those abilities and attacks become more dominant, as they are much harder to stop. This change allows those abilities and attacks to still recover large portions of health and buy themselves more time without completely resetting the encounter and negating all cumulative damage that had come before.

We have watched and listened all week and this is the current plan moving forward. I’m going to give numbers so that you have all the info, but THESE NUMBERS MAY CHANGE:

For each of the elements below we are going to keep the change, but buff the amount of health you get back (+58%)
- Hungering Blade
- Red Death
- Lifesteal
- Transfusion (we are also removing the cooldown)
- Cauterize (we are also removing the cooldown)

For all the rest, we will be reverting the change entirely
- Suros Regime
- No Backup Plans
- Ward of Dawn cast
- Apotheosis Veil
- Embrace the Void

We do not have a date that these changes will take place but are currently working on them and conducting tests. It is early in the process, so all of this is subject to change. But as of now, this is the plan. We will give you more details about when you can expect to see these changes in the game as soon as we can.

Screw you, Josh Hamrick. Titans are arguably the most underpowered class in the game, and now you're making them worse. AGAIN.

As someone who mains a Titan, this hurts. A lot.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 22:40 (2617 days ago) @ CyberKN

Screw you, Josh Hamrick. Titans are arguably the most underpowered class in the game, and now you're making them worse. AGAIN.

I'm not sure I agree it's a nerf. With the removal of the cooldown Cauterize is better than it was before the bugged change since you can continually get health back instead of on only the first kill (that'll be especially nice in PvE, but is still great in PvP). With Transfusion it's a little more debatable, but there is at least the possibility of shoulder charge > storm fist > shoulder charge, which wasn't nearly as fun when the cooldown existed where you had to wait between shoulder charge and storm first (I assume, will need to play with it in action first).

. . .

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 22:43 (2617 days ago) @ CyberKN

Here I am, being that guy again:

I zoned out and didn't even make it through that entire post. I never engaged with any of the abilities on such a granular level.

Every time this shit comes up, I just wish Destiny was Halo and I continue to write off PvP in Destiny.

. . .

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 01:25 (2617 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by CyberKN, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 01:28

Here I am, being that guy again:

I zoned out and didn't even make it through that entire post. I never engaged with any of the abilities on such a granular level.

Every time this shit comes up, I just wish Destiny was Halo and I continue to write off PvP in Destiny.

That's the problem! This has a major effect on how I play PVE.

PvP is broken and will continue to be broken until Bungie does something to change <insert your PvP grievence(s) here>. If this change was exclusive to PvP, I'd be upset, but not royally pissed the way I am right now.

In PvE, Titans are all about finding ways to mitigate health loss; Up until now, the golden trifecta was Transfusion, Force Barrier, and Cauterize. Blitzing from enemy to enemy with Shoulder Charge, taking them out, and repeating ad-nausuem was one of the things in Destiny I most enjoyed about running a striker. It could only be improved if Bungie aped the "Zandatsu" ability from Metal Gear Rising and made the recharge to full health instantaneous.

But now that's gone. Bungie took away something I loved about destiny, and I'm supper unhappy about it.

I agree, but let's see if it is just as fun minus cool down.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 03:52 (2616 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Why Red Death?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 22:51 (2617 days ago) @ CyberKN

Looks like Red Death is just another bad pulse rifle now. Why is it exotic again?

Because it still heals you on every single kill.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 00:05 (2617 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 14:53 (2614 days ago) @ CyberKN

This is disappointing to me. I had really hoped Bungie would actually, you know, fix their bug instead of bandaiding it.

Are we playing a different game?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 18:01 (2614 days ago) @ CyberKN

Titans are arguably the most underpowered class in the game, and now you're making them worse. AGAIN.

What? Aside from their T-Rex arms, they were absolutely, unequivocally the best class to run for the last meta. I main a hunter, but my titan consistently has higher stats than my hunter. They demonstrably survive more situations due to higher armor. Hunters have no means of shielding from enemy attacks while both titans and warlocks do.

I can understand being upset. I can even understand taking it personally, but calling the class that can move around the map faster than all other classes and has an incredible mobility exotic item that can be used on ANY subclass the worst class in the game is absurd to me. It's mobility, speed, and tank like ability to take damage is an advantage that far outweighs its T-Rex arms.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 02, 2017, 04:21 (2605 days ago) @ CyberKN

You really missed last night's Iron Banner, talking about underpowered Titans.

It was not a fun experience.

by Durandal, Friday, March 03, 2017, 14:33 (2604 days ago) @ Morpheus

I just finished my IB bounties on my Titan Wednesday. If anything, Titans were a bit OP. They are still fast enough to get into trouble, still have the cheap shot fist of panic and shoulder charge, and do some of the most damage with their charged melee.

The only competitors are Stormlocks blinking all about.

Wait, what was the bug?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:54 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

Im severely lacking in context. I assume it was an unintentional buff of some kind?

Wait, what was the bug?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, March 03, 2017, 17:05 (2604 days ago) @ someotherguy

Im severely lacking in context. I assume it was an unintentional buff of some kind?

When they nerfed the Blade dancer heal, they unintentionally nerfed all healing effects, including the two Titan ones. We were expecting that they would just fix it, but instead they decided that they were going to just semi-nerf the titan abilities.

*sigh* Of course they did

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 17:29 (2603 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Ive never made a game in my life. Im sure it's much more complicated than I think.

But have Bungie ever changed a skill or weapon perk without accidentally breaking something else? Surely someone would have noticed this in QA before the change went live?

*sigh* Of course they did

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 17:31 (2603 days ago) @ someotherguy

Ive never made a game in my life. Im sure it's much more complicated than I think.

But have Bungie ever changed a skill or weapon perk without accidentally breaking something else? Surely someone would have noticed this in QA before the change went live?

They did, they mentioned it in the patch notes as well as a link to Hamrick's reasoning (part of which at least partially alluded to the fact that they may not change them all back).

Ah, well fair enough

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 17:36 (2603 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Short answer? No.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, March 05, 2017, 00:39 (2603 days ago) @ someotherguy

Long answer? Nope.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread