Sidearms are now king (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 19:18 (2621 days ago)

https://mobile.twitter.com/T1gigz/status/832816088907853825

This is kind of amusing to watch from afar. This is what happens when you make too dramatic a change, and worse, make many dramatic changes at once and not see how they interact.

Sidearms are now king

by squidnh3, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 19:42 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is actually 52% of special kills, it's more like 25% of total kills.

Yet Another Inaccurate Info Post

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 20:54 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is kind of amusing to watch from afar. This is what happens when you make too dramatic a change, and worse, make many dramatic changes at once and not see how they interact.

Are you an anti-vaxxer, Cody?
You have the same mentality of finding anything that conforms to your beliefs and regurgitating it loudly without research, even if it's misleading or flat-out wrong. How about next time, you dig into the info a bit more for the truth before making another faux pas like this one.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 21:09 (2621 days ago) @ Korny

You have the same mentality of finding anything that conforms to your beliefs and regurgitating it loudly without research, even if it's misleading or flat-out wrong. How about next time, you dig into the info a bit more for the truth before making another faux pas like this one.

Squid corrected it. Look a post up dude. It's 52% of special kills which is still way higher than it was before.

What was it before?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 21:18 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 21:40 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Squid corrected it. Look a post up dude. It's 52% of special kills which is still way higher than it was before.

Of course it's higher, that was expected and intentional. What was the rate for shotguns before the patch? What is it now? How does it compare to primaries? last few times that I played Trials, Sidearms were 100% of my Special kills. Does that mean it was overpowered before the patch?

You linked to someone making false information, while basing your entire comment on the assumed accuracy of that comment while doing zero research yourself.

That random guy hasn't even played the game after the patch, and he can't even read data properly, and he's your point of reference. GJ.

Sidearms are now king

by Kahzgul, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 20:58 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

As much as I agree that making large, sweeping changes, and many at once, is a poor method of balancing pvp, I don't think this tweet from a random streamer is a good source of evidence. He even say, a few posts down in that link, that he hasn't played post-patch.

Isn't this kinda.... normal for an MMO?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 23:27 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

(Yes, Destiny is an MMO, shut up)

I mean, there are seasons.

Object 1 is the thing to have and the meta revolves around Object 1.

People complain enough, or something is added, things get changed.

Object 2 is the thing to have and the meta revolves around Object 2.

rinse and repeat.

It's irritating when you get used to something and then it changes. We, by nature, do not like or handle change well. Some do, but on average we don't like change.

On the other hand, it does keep the game feeling fresh in a way? Everything gets a chance to shine? Makes it special?

Member 2-shot HawkMoon? Rev does.

I'll come back when it's scout rifle season.

Sidearms are now king

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, February 20, 2017, 00:04 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Cody Miller
Is fake news

Sidearms are now king

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 02:06 (2620 days ago) @ ManKitten

Actually, he's just someone repeating fake news. If only I could think of a word to describe that.

Sidearms are now king

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 03:42 (2620 days ago) @ stabbim

Actually, he's just someone repeating fake news. If only I could think of a word to describe that.

"President"

lol

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 20, 2017, 00:47 (2621 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Everyone gave you a hard time for this (and you deserved it!), but my stats for the past week are pretty funny.

13 Crucible games, 159 kills. 60 of them were Sidearm kills. :)

(What's even funnier is that since Destiny launched, in the fall of 2014, I have a grand total of 61 Crucible Sidearm kills. INCLUDING this past week. :) )

lol

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 02:08 (2620 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Everyone gave you a hard time for this (and you deserved it!), but my stats for the past week are pretty funny.

13 Crucible games, 159 kills. 60 of them were Sidearm kills. :)

(What's even funnier is that since Destiny launched, in the fall of 2014, I have a grand total of 61 Crucible Sidearm kills. INCLUDING this past week. :) )

Ah Hah.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread