"I was not alone." (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 13:29 (2604 days ago)

This tweet. https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/839204245517762560

"No one can open the Vault alone. I opened the Vault. There was no one with me but I was not alone." - Kabr

What do you think it means?

I'm wildly guessing it means raid matchmaking and JIP.

Something else altogether?

"I was not alone."

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 13:37 (2604 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I understand the arguments for it, but I really hope there is not in-game matchmaking for raids.

"I was not alone."

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 13:41 (2604 days ago) @ Kermit

I understand the arguments for it, but I really hope there is not in-game matchmaking for raids.

Wonder if at this point they're just YOLOing it and turning the matchmaking switch on for raids since 1 is closing out to show people why we shouldn't have matchmaking for raids.

More vault space confirmed

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 14:00 (2604 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

"I was not alone."

by squidnh3, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 14:00 (2604 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

It's a quote straight from the Vault of Glass Grimoire card. Not sure if there's any other significance, I guess we'll find out.

Yee, just a reference to the VoG's return, nothing more...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 14:14 (2604 days ago) @ squidnh3

It's a quote straight from the Vault of Glass Grimoire card. Not sure if there's any other significance, I guess we'll find out.

As I recall, it was because the rest of his fireteam had been erased from the timestream, causing him to forget them, or something?

Remember, VoG hasn't been 100% officially confirmed, so it's just a teaser, essentially.

Yeah, Grimoire Stuff.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 14:32 (2604 days ago) @ squidnh3

Right. The full card reads:

His name was Kabr. He wasn't my friend but I knew and respected him as a Guardian and a good man.

He fought the Vex alone. This destroyed him. In the time before he vanished he said things that I think should be remembered. These are some of them:

"In the Vault time frays and a needle moves through it. The needle is the will of Atheon. I do not know the name of the shape that comes after the needle.

No one can open the Vault alone. I opened the Vault. There was no one with me but I was not alone.

You will meet the Templar in a place that is a time before or after stars. The stars will move around you and mark you and sing to you. They will decide if you are real.

I drank of them. It tasted like the sea."

That is all I can remember.

Pahanin

We know from the Paradox mission where we cleanse the Taken from the Vault of Glass and recover Praedyth's remains that:

[static] [I don't know why they're letting] me speak. Now, after so long. But if anyone is listening [static] [I came] into the vault with two others. Kabr was intense sometimes. And Pahanin was always talking to himself [static] [but] they don't deserve this. No one does.

Kabr seems to have sacrificed himself in the Vault of Glass to make the Aegis Relic for us. Praedyth seems to have been captured and held by the Vex within the Vault of Glass until they traded his remains to us in exchange for saving them from Oryx and the Taken. Pahanin made it out since he was probably killed by Dredgen Yor and his Thorn during a Crucible match.

The card for Super Good Advice says:

This machine gun's incredible mechanism hints at the wonders of Golden Age technology. Smart rounds report their trajectories to the weapon, and a micro-transmat protocol recalls missed shots directly to the magazine.

Engineers decry the idea that all smart systems spontaneously develop personalities and awareness...but it seems undeniable that Super Good Advice manifests personality, memory, and a certain sass. The truth may lie in the weapon's connection to the legendary Hunter Pahanin, who witnessed the fall of Kabr and became terrified of traveling alone.

The best speculation I've ever seen about Kabr's quote about opening the Vault of Glass alone is that he's referring to the paradox of losing / losing track of his friends in the strange timeflows of the Vault and how from his point of view they seemed to be wiped away from history completely. So, when viewed one way, he somehow managed to open and enter the Vault of Glass by himself because Pahanin and Praedyth retroactively did not ever exist... ever...

Still Looking For A 3-Man Vault Run...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 04:59 (2603 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Answer: No MM in Raids.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 17:15 (2603 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread