Things that you did in the old raids... (Destiny)

by Durandal, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 12:31 (2598 days ago)

After hearing that they are updating, and "patching" the old raids, what are things you used to do that will get patched out? What tricks do you think will remain in?

In VoG, I had a Chance hand cannon from FWC with reload speed perks. I killed over 100 vex during the conflux phases, much to the surprise of my fellow raiders. It got to the point where I could solo a conflux pretty consistently as long as the guys could keep the center spawnging vex in line.

Not looking forward to those Pretorian Minitaurs though.

In CE, I could solo, on hard difficulty everything up to the Deathsinger. I used to pull random people who never raided though just so they could get some elemental primaries off the abyss and bridge.

I doubt bungie will change the bridge so that a Titan can't jump it, and I didn't use the spire exploit, so i think I'll still be able to get people gear from that section.

But with the abandonment of the 360/PS3, Bungie can increase the number of onscreen mobs in both these raids. That, coupled with the addition of weapon ranges, means that some of what I'm used to will change. The nightstalker/stormwalker/sunbreaker combo really turns these sections into easy mode. i anticipate Bungie has spiced things up in those encounters in order to offset that.

Things that you did in the old raids...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, March 09, 2017, 13:59 (2597 days ago) @ Durandal

After hearing that they are updating, and "patching" the old raids, what are things you used to do that will get patched out? What tricks do you think will remain in?

The center-ledge outside the crystal room at the Crota finale, I suspect they will do something to address everyone gathering there. I wonder if they'll change the geometry or add an enemy spawn (boomers down below? maybe a wizard?) to make that ledge less appealing.

That Ledge

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 17:01 (2597 days ago) @ dogcow

Is proof as far as Im concerned that Bungie shit the bed on designing that HM encounter. No one does the ledge because it's fun.

It's done that way becsuse the encounter was designed in a way that pushed players away from the fun things in Destiny (combat, movement) and towards the tedious but (somewhat) consistent.

Not unlike Y1 Nightfalls, actually. But they fixed those at least (kinda).

Even the room strategy was "unfun"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 09, 2017, 20:10 (2597 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

True, but less so

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, March 10, 2017, 16:05 (2596 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

They already did

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 19:36 (2597 days ago) @ dogcow

When Crota enrages there are thrall that spawn in the crystal room that can kill you through the barrier if you are standing on that ledge.

You won't get killed if you're not backed up to it.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 20:14 (2597 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 14:19 (2597 days ago) @ Durandal

Abyss First Lamp jump to the wall. I sort of hope that gets patched out. It might be better to learn how to do this section legit. I can solo it legit for now but I suspect my skills won't be enough for the new LL.

Yeah, I bet the Abyss will be harder.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 14:25 (2597 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

by Kahzgul, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 15:04 (2597 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Abyss First Lamp jump to the wall. I sort of hope that gets patched out. It might be better to learn how to do this section legit. I can solo it legit for now but I suspect my skills won't be enough for the new LL.

Our cheese was to have a hunter with "don't touch me" gloves and crouch for stealth skills basically sneak all the way to the bridge, kill the ogre with icebreaker or gjallerhorn, and then run across the bridge, which completed phase 1 for the whole raid.

No need to kill ogre

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 17:43 (2597 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Robot Chickens, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 17:47

Just go invisible on the rock. Enemies will be drawn to your last known location. Move and hide behind small bridge pillars to win.

Pit Run:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/16443747

For giggles, here is how I use to solo the whole Crota encounter before swords. It's recorded on normal, but the strategy totally works for hardmode too:

Bridge
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/16443209

Hall (move more aggressively on hard to avoid shrieker respawns)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/16443737

Deathsinger (flubbed the first jump)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/16443765

Crota (for hard mode, switch to red death/favorite rocket)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Robot%20Chickens/video/16443742

+1 Chickens got me flawless raider by himself.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 19:37 (2597 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 20:29 (2597 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Our cheese was to have a hunter with "don't touch me" gloves and crouch for stealth skills basically sneak all the way to the bridge, kill the ogre with icebreaker or gjallerhorn, and then run across the bridge, which completed phase 1 for the whole raid.

The only "cheese" I've ever done during the Abyss was when one of our Flawless Raider groups couldn't get down into the pit without someone dying on the landing, so we decided to have most of the group stay up top while Cyber and I jumped down and murdered our way through the whole thing until everyone got warped in at the bridge :)

I hope you can still jump on that rock.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 21:00 (2597 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

We don't need that rock anymore...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 22:10 (2597 days ago) @ CyberKN

We've got Stormcallers, Nightstalkers, and Sunbreakers now ;)

We don't need that rock anymore...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 10, 2017, 01:40 (2597 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

We've got Stormcallers, Nightstalkers, and Sunbreakers now ;)

Yeah, even with the orb generation nerf, you can still drop mad orbs in the conflux section with a nightstalker. Trade supers and wipe out the legions ezpz.

Bubble Train

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, March 10, 2017, 13:47 (2596 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I did that one with a group of DBO people. Let me tell you, it was amazing! Just don't let the Ogre's smash you at the end inside your "safe" bubble. :P

Bubble Train was real. Bubble Train was Beauty.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, March 10, 2017, 15:31 (2596 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

That was one of the most ridiculous and fun raids I've participated in. I'm pretty sure I we limited ourselves to shotguns too.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread