THAB: AKA Your vault will remain full (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 22:14 (2576 days ago)
edited by unoudid, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 22:17

Bad form, Bungie.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, March 09, 2017, 22:33 (2576 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

OMG, shaddup about the vault, ya dang chowda heads!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 23:15 (2576 days ago) @ unoudid

YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO.

Y'ALL CRAZY.

SHIT AIN'T EVEN REAL.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 10, 2017, 01:28 (2575 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's not about taking it with us, it's for having weapon sets we know and love; being prepared for any situation; less trips to the Tower(and seriously, Bungie? No Raid collection iPads?); and most importantly, being able to play Court of Oryx or Archon's Forge for more than 40 seconds!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 10, 2017, 01:54 (2575 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Korny, Friday, March 10, 2017, 01:59

It's not about taking it with us, it's for having weapon sets we know and love; being prepared for any situation; less trips to the Tower(and seriously, Bungie? No Raid collection iPads?); and most importantly, being able to play Court of Oryx or Archon's Forge for more than 40 seconds!

Do you really ever use more than one loadout or armor set?

And if so, do you regularly use more than nine different helmets/gauntlets/class items, etc? Unless you're a minmaxer (who have their own set of entitlement problems), odds are you're always "prepared for any situation".

People are just being hoarders, and whining that they can't hoard some more. When was the last time you actually used your Y1 gear? If you haven't used it in the past two months, delete it. Hooray, more vault space.
When was the last time that you said "boy, I sure am glad that I had this class item in the vault for just such an occasion!" Delete it.

Is your consumables portion of the vault full? Take out/delete the chromas, ornaments, and Artifacts that you aren't going to use. Convert all of those shards and energy into Motes.

There's more than enough vault space for every piece of raid/event gear, exotic, and loot from your faction of choice... And you still aren't ever using half of that stuff. Delete it.

You're a real jerk.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 10, 2017, 02:07 (2575 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 10, 2017, 02:18 (2575 days ago) @ Korny

People are just being hoarders, and whining that they can't hoard some more. When was the last time you actually used your Y1 gear? If you haven't used it in the past two months, delete it. Hooray, more vault space.

Actually, we ran VoG, Crota, and King's Fall back to back a month ago, and wore appropriate armor (and used appropriate weapons) for each one.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 10, 2017, 06:05 (2575 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Korny, Friday, March 10, 2017, 06:08

Actually, we ran VoG, Crota, and King's Fall back to back a month ago, and wore appropriate armor (and used appropriate weapons) for each one.

So it hasn't passed the two month threshold. Don't delete it. ;)

I mean, I have sets of armor for each raid in my vault too. I even have my Hunter's starting armor, my old Viper Spine IV boots, a lot of Year 1 weapons (Y1 Bad Juju is purple! The Supremacy!) and Lighthouse weapon sets. And of course my original Khvostov (which still gets pulled out from time to time). And I STILL had plenty of vault space left over (that I've since filled with engrams and 400 Light stuff just in case new stuff comes out.). My vault is full now, but that's a result of deliberately storing expendable stuff. If there was something that I reeeally wanted, my Y1 Auto Rifles would be the first things to go (heck, the only character that I have kept Raid sets for is my Warlock. Titan and Hunter sets were deleted before the latest Vault expansion).

I'm not saying to delete every single thing that is obsolete, but you don't need to keep fifteen hand cannons, or every hunter cloak that you've ever found. At some point, you're probably stockpiling duplicates of something too, maybe because someday you'd like to try out this perk instead of that one, or you're waiting for the meta to favor slow-firing Auto Rifles again...

So if your vault is full, the solution is "delete stuff you don't use", not "Bungie, you're bad for not further overhauling your game to let me hoard more stuff!"

Sure, it'd be nice, but I'd rather have the devs making sure that this isn't a problem in D2 rather than trying change a middle row in the house of cards that is Destiny 1.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 10, 2017, 03:24 (2575 days ago) @ Korny

Do you really ever use more than one loadout or armor set?

And if so, do you regularly use more than nine different helmets/gauntlets/class items, etc? Unless you're a minmaxer (who have their own set of entitlement problems), odds are you're always "prepared for any situation".

When was the last time that you said "boy, I sure am glad that I had this class item in the vault for just such an occasion!" Delete it.

Is your consumables portion of the vault full? Take out/delete the chromas, ornaments, and Artifacts that you aren't going to use. Convert all of those shards and energy into Motes.

There's more than enough vault space for every piece of raid/event gear, exotic, and loot from your faction of choice... And you still aren't ever using half of that stuff. Delete it.

In terms of weapons? Hell yeah! I literally have a rotating schedule on my computer to randomize which weapon I use for messing around with Patrol Bounties or doing something that isn't 350. Just last week I used Skorri's Revenge in Crucible--I kicked ass!

Now armor I don't like to change that often because I finally got it the way I want, but when I'm in Crucible, I change pieces on the fly, even mid-game. Perks like those are important to me, and I've kept a fair share of armor pieces for perks I could use. .

Now class items, yes--I need to work on clearing those out; but that's in General. I need more space for weapons!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 10, 2017, 12:16 (2575 days ago) @ Revenant1988

YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO.

Y'ALL CRAZY.

SHIT AIN'T EVEN REAL.

It would be nice to be able to delete things from the vault directly. My issue is usually "player full, vault full...now what" goodbye player gear. Because im the idiot that didnt know you can get shaders any time from the kiosk.

I'm still left wondering...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 23:33 (2575 days ago) @ unoudid

Is this going to be the largest record book yet?

So does this rule out a Raid Collection Kiosk?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, March 10, 2017, 01:43 (2575 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, March 10, 2017, 01:51

My name is Pyro, and I have a serious vault problem...
(there it is out there in the open, now I can move ahead and begin the healing, I mean sharding, process)
[/sarcasm]

Sorry for being such a chowda head!
So does this fully rule out a raids collection kiosk?
I've seen the idea floated a lot of times before. If a raids kiosk was added it legitimately would lighten my vault up just a bit...
Also they are adding MORE and NEW raid gear, plus ornamentations to collect? The new revamped raids are going to make the vault thing even worse.

I finally sharded all my Y1 exotic weapons a few weeks back. I kept Y1 Ice Breaker(which I just received in Y3 for the first time, from a legacy exotic engram) and Ghorn because they were such standouts. I have 3 open weapon vault slots to play shuffle with and 16 Legendary weapons in the Post Master waiting to be dealt with. Being extremely careful, I've only overflowed the Post Master once in the past few months

Edit:
(Slow typer at play - Morpheus posted about a raids iPad while I was creating this very message)

So does this rule out a Raid Collection Kiosk?

by FyreWulff, Friday, March 10, 2017, 06:50 (2575 days ago) @ Pyromancy

for Destiny 1, yes.

Hate to say it but it looks like D1's client is being EOL'd, so no new functionality or deep changes.. just things built on top of existing.

Should reduce vault space, imo.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, March 10, 2017, 02:20 (2575 days ago) @ unoudid

It's not like any weapons are actually good anyway.

Hell, they probably know they can't increase vault space and that's why they're destroying all of the good weapons and making shitty new ones. So you psychos stop hanging on to them.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 10, 2017, 09:56 (2575 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

They just need a legendary kiosk. It shouldn't be too hard. It should allow you to set the perks of the stored weapon to whatever you have in your possession. If you get a roll you want more, you can replace the kiosk blueprint with the new roll. Which reminds me, how does it work for exotic armor rolls? I've never 'bought' an exotic armor piece from the kiosk before.

Even that is a non issue for raid weapons. Surprised there isn't a kiosk for those already.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, March 10, 2017, 13:54 (2575 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Which reminds me, how does it work for exotic armor rolls? I've never 'bought' an exotic armor piece from the kiosk before.

They're always set to the same roll. Some people will tell you it rotates weekly, but it doesn't. I am 100% certain of this, having once gone back several weeks in a row hoping to get a different roll on Khepri's Sting that would have better fit my preferred stats and reload perks.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 10, 2017, 17:41 (2575 days ago) @ stabbim

Which reminds me, how does it work for exotic armor rolls? I've never 'bought' an exotic armor piece from the kiosk before.

They're always set to the same roll. Some people will tell you it rotates weekly, but it doesn't. I am 100% certain of this, having once gone back several weeks in a row hoping to get a different roll on Khepri's Sting that would have better fit my preferred stats and reload perks.

This doesn't matter as much, since you can use glass needles to re roll. Can't really do that with lwgendaries.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, March 10, 2017, 19:39 (2575 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This doesn't matter as much, since you can use glass needles to re roll. Can't really do that with lwgendaries.

100% true, but at the time I was hoping to just be able to buy a specific setup, rather than rolling the dice, since there's no guarantee of how much I'd end up spending (or that I'd get what I was looking for at all).

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 10, 2017, 19:44 (2575 days ago) @ stabbim

100% true, but at the time I was hoping to just be able to buy a specific setup, rather than rolling the dice, since there's no guarantee of how much I'd end up spending (or that I'd get what I was looking for at all).

I have around 150 glass needles into 3 pair of Young Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets for my hunter. I now have 3 tier 12 int/dis rolls with Handcannon/Scout/Pulse reloaders.

Not much else for me to do with my strange coins these days.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, March 10, 2017, 20:26 (2575 days ago) @ unoudid

I have around 150 glass needles into 3 pair of Young Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets for my hunter. I now have 3 tier 12 int/dis rolls with Handcannon/Scout/Pulse reloaders.

It cost me about the same to do this:
[image]
(INT/DIS, DIS/STR, and INT/STR rolls for each)

Working on the Chest pieces these days :) When is Des2iny releasing again?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 10, 2017, 21:57 (2575 days ago) @ Chappy

When is Des2iny releasing again?

20 bucks says not in 2017! :-p

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 18:19 (2574 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My heart wants it sooner, but my bingo game is hoping you're right.

Once the final sandbox changes are in, you can delete...

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 10, 2017, 10:55 (2575 days ago) @ unoudid

For me, at least, the primary reason I saved all those guns was in case of overly aggressive sandbox changes (all of them, imo) so that I could quickly adapt to any new meta. Since the new patch will be the final sandbox change, after the meta settles, there's really going to be no reason to keep any non-meta and non-sentimental guns, which should free up a ton of space for the "be prepared" types such as myself.

+1

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 10, 2017, 11:35 (2575 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Yep.

by Funkmon @, Friday, March 10, 2017, 11:37 (2575 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I have a few (read: 30) guns that are there for "when Bungie fixes field scout."

They already did 'fix' it

by ProbablyLast, Friday, March 10, 2017, 12:54 (2575 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Once the final sandbox changes are in, you can delete...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 12:06 (2574 days ago) @ Kahzgul

For me, at least, the primary reason I saved all those guns was in case of overly aggressive sandbox changes (all of them, imo) so that I could quickly adapt to any new meta. Since the new patch will be the final sandbox change, after the meta settles, there's really going to be no reason to keep any non-meta and non-sentimental guns, which should free up a ton of space for the "be prepared" types such as myself.

This is they key.

Balance changes in most FPS games just brings about a period of adjustment on the part of the players. But because of the Investment System tying heavily into which weapons you can use, any change in balance could necessarily require you to engage with the investment system again.

If Des2ny just had the crucible have its own exclusive small sandbox of weapons that don't tie into the investment system, everything would be so simple and easy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread