So I had a stroke. (Off-Topic)

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Monday, March 13, 2017, 21:02 (2572 days ago)

Hey guys, some of you have been occasional gamemates for a long time so I felt like checking in and letting you know what happened this week. I'm in the hospital because I had an acute pontine infarct, also known as a brain stem stroke. Found out I had a small old stroke too but have no idea when. I'm very lucky, still walking and talking and my hands which were a little wonky all week are feeling much more accurate and quick, so hopefully I'll be able to game and play guitar as good as I used to soon. Not sure why this happened yet as I am only 38 years of age, and might never know, but I will appreciate each day much more I think. Anyway just had to drop in and say hi, I'm still kicking, and I want to urge you all to eat right and exercise to reduce your chance of this happening to you. My cholesterol and bp are high so it's possible that contributed to it. Best wishes from the Casey family and hope to talk to y'all again soon online or irl.

Best wishes

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, March 13, 2017, 21:10 (2572 days ago) @ DocOctavius

I hope you enjoy a speedy recovery. Strokes are scary but it sounds like you got care quickly after it happened.

Guitar would be a good recovery therapy for you--it would help with the fine muscle control.

Keep us up to date!

+1

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 13, 2017, 21:54 (2572 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

+1

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 14:54 (2570 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

Wish you the best recovery

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 13, 2017, 22:03 (2572 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

Whoa. :(

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 13, 2017, 22:26 (2572 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Glad you're okay. You're way too young for this. :(

I'll play a song for you. Get well soon.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 01:52 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

Get well soon!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 02:45 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

Get well.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 03:18 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

Yipes! Wishes for a complete recovery

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 04:46 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

So I had a stroke.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 05:41 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

All my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

Glad you're ok!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:54 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

So I had a stroke.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 11:40 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Glad you are OK and great to hear it's not having too much of an effect. Get strong but don't rush it!

So I had a stroke.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:53 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Hey guys, some of you have been occasional gamemates for a long time so I felt like checking in and letting you know what happened this week. I'm in the hospital because I had an acute pontine infarct, also known as a brain stem stroke. Found out I had a small old stroke too but have no idea when. I'm very lucky, still walking and talking and my hands which were a little wonky all week are feeling much more accurate and quick, so hopefully I'll be able to game and play guitar as good as I used to soon. Not sure why this happened yet as I am only 38 years of age, and might never know, but I will appreciate each day much more I think. Anyway just had to drop in and say hi, I'm still kicking, and I want to urge you all to eat right and exercise to reduce your chance of this happening to you. My cholesterol and bp are high so it's possible that contributed to it. Best wishes from the Casey family and hope to talk to y'all again soon online or irl.

May your recovery be swift. So sorry this happened. It's a reminder for all of us to, in the immortal words of Mr. Zevon, "enjoy every sandwich".*

*just not too many

God, That's Terrible.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:37 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

So sorry to hear that...but I'm glad that there doesn't seem to be too devastating of effects. Hopefully you'll recover at a steady pace!

Best wishes!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:56 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

Geez, that must've been terrifying

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 21:12 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

I'm glad you're recovering fine, dude. Get well soon!

Get well!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 21:30 (2571 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Like many things, our health is something that we take for granted until it's in jeopardy. Thanks for the reminder!

So I had a stroke.

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 10:21 (2570 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Thanks guys, I'm feeling pretty good. Hopefully going home today. Only bad thing is I have no definitive reason it happened, heart and blood are ok so far, cholesterol isn't crazy high so idk. Blood thinners forever just in case and total diet change. No more Parmesan crisps with pepperoni :/. Have a good one, I will

:(

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 13:50 (2570 days ago) @ DocOctavius

That sucks. Hope you're recovery is quick. And good advice, I know I should be eating better too.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread