VoG beaten solo on patrol. (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 11:42 (2598 days ago)

This is one of the best exploration videos I've ever seen. It took him two years to figure it out, but he managed to get all the way through the VoG in patrol.

Source

Wow.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 11:51 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

Just skimmed through it briefly with no sound but it looked super impressive. Awesome that they found and got into all three versions (Past, Present, Future) as well! Really brought back memories of the crazy insane stuff people would do in the old Halos... like meleeing a Shade turret across Assault on the Control Room or whatever.

VoG beaten solo on patrol.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:07 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm not sure what to say, except "wow." It's hard for me to even grasp how he's navigating when he's falling for what seems like several minutes on a sparrow.

Indeed

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 14:25 (2598 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm not sure what to say, except "wow." It's hard for me to even grasp how he's navigating when he's falling for what seems like several minutes on a sparrow.

I couldn't really follow what he was doing with the Sparrow-hopping stuff (there were lots of ups and downs in there), but I'm impressed as hell that he could tell where he was going!

It'd be cool to see the Vaults in a non-combat situation. Also, I found it curious that not all of the glass had loaded in at the "present" Vault; must be something specific about the Raid:

[image]

VoG beaten solo on patrol.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:20 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

I can't even imagine the frustration involved in learning how to do that. Hats off to those guys - that's pretty astounding.

Amazing.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12:44 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

Echoing what everyone else said. Love this!

Incredible

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:28 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

This is absolutely incredible. congrats to them for figuring this out.

I was kind of hoping the video would end with them getting the weasel error code and them going into a fit of rage.... get destinyed

Incredible

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:56 (2598 days ago) @ unoudid

I was kind of hoping the video would end with them getting the weasel error code and them going into a fit of rage.... get destinyed

I see some folks saying "them". This was done solo.

Singular they.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:02 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

I don't like it, since it introduces confusion here, I too was confused. Part of English, though. Meh.

Singular they.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:05 (2598 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't like it, since it introduces confusion here, I too was confused. Part of English, though. Meh.

Door Walls..... that phrase causes confusion.

Incredible

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:03 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/them

Incredible

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:08 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

He said himself, more than once, during the film, "we".

Incredible

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 23:29 (2598 days ago) @ Claude Errera

He said himself, more than once, during the film, "we".

He earned it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

Longchamp and royal we: LIES

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 00:51 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

So the guy who invented royal we in English, Longchamp, ruled England when Richard went off to Crusade, and was kicked out by John. Longchamp is credited with inventing the royal we when the king talked.

However, Longchamp famously spoke only French, so it seems weird.

Also, the royal we was found as far back as Old English, not the 12th century. Here's Beowulf: "Beowulf maþelode bearn Ecgþéowes: ‘We þæt ellenweorc estum miclum, feohtan fremedon.’"

So there we have it. Beowulf, king of the Geats did it, centuries before Longchamp.

That being said, if the guy meant we to mean him, it was probably some form of pluralis modestiae or auctoris.

Should have ended with him getting kicked to Orbit...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 17:34 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

This is one of the best exploration videos I've ever seen. It took him two years to figure it out, but he managed to get all the way through the VoG in patrol.

Source

You know, just like a real raid does after five minutes.

Very impressive!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 18:48 (2598 days ago) @ bluerunner

I never noticed that window at the beginning when you first enter from the patrol zone!

I would enjoy exploring these spaces in a non-combat scenario. Patrol is still my favorite game mode. Yup - filthy casual...

So full of awesome.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 12:44 (2597 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread