Can't wait for Destiny 2 (Destiny)

by yakaman, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:41 (2570 days ago)

Hi all. Hope everyone here is doing well.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but you know, excuses.

I stopped playing Destiny at some point after King's Fall. I really enjoyed the changes and content, but never got around to beating the raid. So maybe it's been about a year since I've played.

I really miss Destiny. I miss playing with friends, I miss the smooth-ass gameplay, shooting, and movement. I miss the story - though Ragashingo's Bite-Size Backstory series has been great to follow.

Like most, I found the story of Bungie's technical implementation issues fascinating to read. It all makes sense to me, now. I always thought Bungie's output (productivity) in Destiny was like Gravitional Force in our universe: seemingly weak relative to what you'd expect from the effort being put forth, and much of it seemingly lost in a dimension we could not perceive.

Well, now we know.

I'm genuinely optimistic about Des2iny. I expect the same smooth gameplay and seamless universe, and I expect both the amount of content and content generation rate to increase substantially over the original. Additionally, the drop-off of support for last-generation consoles should provide a boost to productivity and focus.

Yes, I may be naive. But I expect good things. Not ridiculous things, just good things.

Can't wait for Destiny 2

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:34 (2570 days ago) @ yakaman

I still play, but not as much. Your thoughts and hopes reflect my own. Nice to hear from you.

Can't wait for Destiny 2

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:36 (2570 days ago) @ yakaman

I'm excited too. With the initial comments of how everything we've done won't carry over to the second I was annoyed at first but got over it quickly.

If we are to consider Destiny 1 to be a proof of concept, then D2 had better be amazing...which is hard to think about considering how great D1 is! It seems the whole "10 year plan" got detoured pretty early into the trip but if the detour is taking us to a better destination...I'm down for the journey*.

It will probably look amazing since they won't have to worry about late gen development. Maybe they can be the pioneers is cross platform play. Wouldn't that be sweet? And actually have a PS vs Xbox crucible list? Or long term territory battles!

The new enemies could be exciting. Maybe we finally learn who is flying those pyramid ships.

*As long as I can start with my own character color choice.

Umm...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:13 (2570 days ago) @ ManKitten

Maybe we finally learn who is flying those pyramid ships.

[image]

more likely...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:32 (2570 days ago) @ stabbim

It's a Fargate...from the makers of "Findependence Day"

[image]

Indeed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 21:01 (2570 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Umm...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 22:00 (2570 days ago) @ stabbim

Damn, I should really give Stargate another watch, huh? Is that available on streaming anywhere? I nearly bought the full DVD set years ago, but never had the extra cash to do so.

It's probably for the best

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 00:35 (2570 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I nearly bought the full DVD set years ago, but never had the extra cash to do so.

I almost did the same, but lots of reviewers posted complaints about the poor packaging leading to several disks that were so scratched they were unwatchable. I think it's the same set they're still selling now, unfortunately.

-Disciple

It's probably for the best

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 01:19 (2570 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Actually, I do vaguely recall reading that. It's a shame.

Umm...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 04:24 (2570 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Apparently not. I'm pretty sure SG-1 and Atlantis were on Netflix at one time, but I'm not seeing them now. Not on Amazon video, either.

Umm...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 12:19 (2570 days ago) @ stabbim

Apparently not. I'm pretty sure SG-1 and Atlantis were on Netflix at one time, but I'm not seeing them now. Not on Amazon video, either.

That's unfortunate. ):

Can't wait for Destiny 2

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:28 (2570 days ago) @ yakaman

I miss the smooth-ass gameplay,

You miss smooth ass? There's an app for that.

But you should drop back in and try Wrath of the Machine. It's a very good raid.

Can't wait for Destiny 2

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:44 (2570 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by unoudid, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:17

I think this app sounds more appropriate for that statement

Well, now I've got that in my browsing history...

by naturl selexion, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 04:33 (2570 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Can't wait for Destiny 2

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 11:49 (2570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I miss the smooth-ass gameplay,

But you should drop back in and try Wrath of the Machine. It's a very good raid.

I think you are thinking of smooth ass-gameplay

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread