THAB 3/17/17 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:46 (2568 days ago)

I hope AoT has more content than that newsletter.

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, March 17, 2017, 20:10 (2568 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Not bad this week.

by Funkmon @, Friday, March 17, 2017, 23:48 (2568 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

There is a TLDW, some info about crucible, and a FAQ where literally SOME of the questions are answered.

Somehow I didn't see anything following the video.

by DEEP_NNN, Saturday, March 18, 2017, 11:37 (2567 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

As usual, the snipe montage where they don't actually aim

by Durandal, Friday, March 17, 2017, 20:25 (2568 days ago) @ CyberKN

I mean, what is the point when you just get the reticle near someone and rely on the auto aim?

Y3 Trials Armour + Weapons will now drop from bounties.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 17, 2017, 20:38 (2568 days ago) @ CyberKN

If only I had the vault space, I might consider trying to collect them...

Weekly Story Playlist

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 17, 2017, 20:52 (2568 days ago) @ CyberKN

Why would you make a playlist with the lamest stuff in Destiny? I think others will share my opinion that the story missions are some of the weakest experiences in the game.

It's probably just filler.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 17, 2017, 21:03 (2568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Weekly Story Playlist

by squidnh3, Saturday, March 18, 2017, 10:58 (2567 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If they put some of the strike modifiers on them, like they did in the Queen's Wrath event, some of them can be pretty challenging.

Weekly Story Playlist

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, March 18, 2017, 16:06 (2567 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why would you make a playlist with the lamest stuff in Destiny? I think others will share my opinion that the story missions are some of the weakest experiences in the game.

I agree the story missions are some of weakest "content" in Destiny.

That said, it might be fun to re-run some of them with modifiers. Especially when HoW, TTK and RoI mission are in the pool. I think it's nice addition based on what the Age of Triumph is trying to accomplish.

Weekly Story Playlist

by Dundre, Norway, Monday, March 20, 2017, 15:36 (2565 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well.. The story missions think you are lame, Cody. For crapping all over their little make-over;-)

Weekly Story Playlist

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 19:37 (2564 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, but I like to pretend there's a good story and play through the story missions. Ok, kidding... but honestly, it's always bugged me that you get rewards for replaying strikes, but nothing for story missions. (edit) So I'm glad for that.(/edit)

I know you likely won't be playing in this playlist, but I likely will just to experience content I haven't tasted in a while.

Weekly Story Playlist

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 19:52 (2564 days ago) @ dogcow

Yeah, but I like to pretend there's a good story and play through the story missions. Ok, kidding... but honestly, it's always bugged me that you get rewards for replaying strikes, but nothing for story missions. (edit) So I'm glad for that.(/edit)

I know you likely won't be playing in this playlist, but I likely will just to experience content I haven't tasted in a while.

Like everyone else, I hope Destiny 2 has a better story, and I'd like to see an option to Continue the Quest at the end of each step, whether it be a mission of Tower conversation. It could say something like "Continue the quest on the moon" or something like that so you knew where you were going. One thing I found disconcerting early on was not being sure what story node to play next. This was fixed somewhat by the questification update, but I still miss the continuity you have with games that automatically load the next chapter of the story for you.

I'd also like a way to reactivate completed quests.

tl;dr: In Destiny 2 I'd like to be seamlessly led through a strong narrative that is worth replaying, and replaying it should be easy.

Weekly Story Playlist

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 20:33 (2564 days ago) @ Kermit

Like everyone else, I hope Destiny 2 has a better story, and I'd like to see an option to Continue the Quest at the end of each step, whether it be a mission of Tower conversation. It could say something like "Continue the quest on the moon" or something like that so you knew where you were going. One thing I found disconcerting early on was not being sure what story node to play next. This was fixed somewhat by the questification update, but I still miss the continuity you have with games that automatically load the next chapter of the story for you.

You know, I don't think the questificaiton update helped it out that much. I played through it w/ my bro-in-law and we were just flooded with quests & he didn't know which ones he should follow. I feel that it still suffers from the same base problem. In fact we accidentally stumbled into some of the Dark Below story missions (before finishing vanilla destiny) by playing that super fun Sword of Crota mission on the Moon & following the quest associated with it.

I think the idea of the questification is good, but it needs refinement. Having too many quests that you're working on concurrently was confusing. They needed to be more clearly marked as "this is the main quest" and "this is a side quest" and "this quest is something you should wait on because it's an expansion story line". Regarding the expansion quests, perhaps they shouldn't allow you to follow them until you've completed the main story-lines. I dunno, not allowing is too harsh & people will want to skip "vanilla" and go straight to the Dark Below, maybe having a warning before opening the seal on the new quest if you haven't finished the main quests before.

Can't you pick up old quests from that iPad by the Vanguard? I don't know I've never done it myself.

tl;dr: In Destiny 2 I'd like to be seamlessly led through a strong narrative that is worth replaying, and replaying it should be easy.

I'll give that a heartfelt AMEN!

Weekly Story Playlist

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 22:19 (2564 days ago) @ dogcow

You know, I don't think the questificaiton update helped it out that much. I played through it w/ my bro-in-law and we were just flooded with quests & he didn't know which ones he should follow. I feel that it still suffers from the same base problem. In fact we accidentally stumbled into some of the Dark Below story missions (before finishing vanilla destiny) by playing that super fun Sword of Crota mission on the Moon & following the quest associated with it.

I think the idea of the questification is good, but it needs refinement. Having too many quests that you're working on concurrently was confusing. They needed to be more clearly marked as "this is the main quest" and "this is a side quest" and "this quest is something you should wait on because it's an expansion story line". Regarding the expansion quests, perhaps they shouldn't allow you to follow them until you've completed the main story-lines. I dunno, not allowing is too harsh & people will want to skip "vanilla" and go straight to the Dark Below, maybe having a warning before opening the seal on the new quest if you haven't finished the main quests before.

Yeah, I said fixed somewhat. Cruel told me not long ago that they didn't work too well, but I should hope it was better than my first playthrough, where I picked the next mission based on light level. It felt dumb and I was never sure if I was doing the right thing.

Can't you pick up old quests from that iPad by the Vanguard? I don't know I've never done it myself.

Maybe? I've never used it either. I just assumed it was for reactivating discarded quests. I've never discarded any.

Weekly Story Playlist

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 22:44 (2564 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, I said fixed somewhat. Cruel told me not long ago that they didn't work too well, but I should hope it was better than my first playthrough, where I picked the next mission based on light level. It felt dumb and I was never sure if I was doing the right thing.

Notice how Halo brought you along the adventure without having to stop and complete quest steps. You technically had objectives and stuff, but it was pretty natural in terms of the storytelling. I think in general that making your storyline a series of quests with discrete steps simply trivializes the journey as a whole. It's stupid. The idea should go away.

Draksis still best strike boss in Destiny.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 20:54 (2564 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

"The Mountaintop" quest is being retired with pending update

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 22:05 (2564 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/844284167789539328

Is "The Mountaintop" crucible quest required for the Age of Triumph record book?

I have completed this challenge on my only character, I have alts created but they have remained unplayed except for mission 1. At some point I'm going to grudgingly play these alts just to check the boxes in the book and complete class quest lines. Do I need to work on them or accept quests before the 28th?

If you have a rocket launcher "The Hothead" in your vault, and you are a rare item collector, you will want to make sure you lock it down so it isn't accidentally deleted

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread