I ramble about airplanes ... :D (Off-Topic)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, March 18, 2017, 16:45 (2593 days ago)

What? There's an "Off Topic" tag? PERFECT. XD

Many of you expressed that I should stay in touch - and I don't disagree - so here's me trying to do just that. :D

I'm restarting my vlog! I'm gonna talk about family, fun and airplanes...lots of airplanes. :P

I'm asking this everywhere, and I know how much you all HATE giving your opinions, so try to come out of your shells a little here....
Would you rather see:
1) Daily, shorter vlogs (2-5 minutes)
2) Weekly, longer(ish) vlogs (~10 minutes)

Thanks for being a friend. Let me know what you think!

Just dont abuse the "Off-topic" tag...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, March 18, 2017, 16:57 (2593 days ago) @ Mid7night

What? There's an "Off Topic" tag? PERFECT. XD

Many of you expressed that I should stay in touch...

I'm restarting my vlog! I'm gonna talk about family, fun and airplanes...lots of airplanes. :P

I'm asking this everywhere, and I know how much you all HATE giving your opinions, so try to come out of your shells a little here....
Would you rather see:
1) Daily, shorter vlogs (2-5 minutes)
2) Weekly, longer(ish) vlogs (~10 minutes)

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that you're starting a vlog, and you're encouraging people to subscribe, or that you're thinking of making a daily/weekly off-topic post here on the forum in case people are interested?

If it's the former, that's great, and I hope your followers enjoy the videos.
If it's the latter, I'd ask that you please not do that. It's not that I have zero interest in your vlog, but I wouldn't be a fan of people starting to treat the forum like a Facebook wall where they post their random musings every day (we already have one or two folks who do that sporadically, and I'd hate for them to feel encouraged to ramp it up).

It's not my forum, but I'm just saying it as someone who tries to restrain himself by trying to make his OT posts relevant to the community in some capacity.

Not to worry...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 02:45 (2592 days ago) @ Korny

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that you're starting a vlog, and you're encouraging people to subscribe, or that you're thinking of making a daily/weekly off-topic post here on the forum in case people are interested?

I absolutely was not intending my post to imply that I would be making weekly or daily posts just to point to my vlog. I was just using the "off topic" remark as an opener to this particular thread.

I've had a vlog for years now, but I haven't been vigilant about it for a while. I've still put up my flying videos, but not the same 'daily vlog' type content that I used to do when I started it. This post was simply a one-time alert that I'm attempting to get back to a more regular vlog content.

If people want to subscribe, great! They'll learn about my content through their subscription. I won't be cross posting here every day just to say "HEY! NEW VIDEO!"

I will not, however, promise that I won't post here if I happen to have a cool airplane story or video that I just can't keep to myself ... time and frequency will tell if that turns into abuse.

Fear not; I respect the origins of the forum.

You should do a podcast.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 04:29 (2592 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

You should do a podcast.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 13:03 (2592 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm curious; with whom and what about were you thinking?

I admit, I've never considered a podcast format, either in place of or in addition to my vlog. But it's an intriguing idea.

Couplecasts used to be popular!

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 20, 2017, 23:47 (2590 days ago) @ Mid7night

Maybe talk about the same crap you do in the vlog, with one of your wives or girlfriends or mistresses. Or, find some guy who is also into RC airplanes and do a podcast about that.

Airplanes!!! Thats a topic that'll get me out of 'lurking'

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, March 18, 2017, 22:47 (2592 days ago) @ Mid7night

Hi! I don't know you but just had to chime in because I am an aviation fanatic as well :)

I won't pass up attending an air show if I can help it. Recently joined the local Civil Air Patrol squadron out here (Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri ...sadly not on the West Coast anymore..). I worked at an aerospace company doing NDT/i (Nondestructive Testing & Inspection) of critical aviation, aerospace and military components. It was a major switch from being a legal secretary, but I wanted to pursue a career in aerospace and was willing to take a big risk doing so.

I have not built any model aircraft from scratch, would love to try though. Always wanted to build a robot too. Barbie dolls just werent very appealing to me as a child, what can I say :)

I got my hat autographed by Ryan Bernacchi, the flight leader / #1 pilot of the current Blue Angels team. Last year my supervisor and coworkers surprised me with an awesome gift: a beautiful framed photo of the Blue Angels in flight, autographed by the team and personalized with my name (pictures below if I can post them right, havent tried before on here)

I don't go on YouTube regularly, but will try to get in habit of checking weekly to catch your vlogs. (I think weekly is better than daily, since you asked in your above vlog).

[image]

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread