Breath Of The Wild (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:18 (2589 days ago)

I finally lucked out and got a switch during the latest GameStop stock refresh.

Wow this is an actual adventure. I'm only a few hours in, but this game hits you with how amazing it is immediately.

[list]
[*]The feeling of little to no hand holding is amazing
[*]Whatever guidance there is, is so natural and amazing
[*]The combat/movement options are a million times more deep and interesting than any zelda before
[*]AMAZING
[/list]

Breath Of The Wild

by ObsidianKitteh @, san antonio, tx, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 17:23 (2589 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I've been wasting away to nothing playing BotW every spare minute since Friday (managed to snag a switch on Prime Now) and I have never been more in love with a single player offline game.

Breath Of The Wild

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:30 (2589 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Ended up beating it on Saturday last week after accidentally staying up until 4 way too many times. My favorite Zelda game of all time.

Breath Of The Wild

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:35 (2589 days ago) @ kidtsunami

What is baffling to me, is that the game is already playable under emulation. Just shows how far behind Nintendo's hardware really is.

Wii U release really threw me off on that one

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:49 (2589 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

It's a Wii U game, really.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 19:15 (2589 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What is baffling to me, is that the game is already playable under emulation. Just shows how far behind Nintendo's hardware really is.

It's a last-gen game that was ported to the Switch (and STILL suffers from performance issues). How is it baffling?

What's baffling is that Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn both got a 9.3 from IGN, while BotW got a 10 despite a ton of technical issues. Makes you wonder sometimes...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 19:35 (2589 days ago) @ Korny

It's a last-gen game that was ported to the Switch (and STILL suffers from performance issues). How is it baffling?

Do you see any xbox 360 or PS3 emulators that are playable?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 19:38 (2589 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You mean besides the 360 emulator that runs inside the Xbox One, right? ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 14:16 (2586 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Technically WiiU is in the generation of PS4 and Xbox One. So I should be asking if there are any working PS4 emulators.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 15:01 (2586 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Technically WiiU is in the generation of PS4 and Xbox One. So I should be asking if there are any working PS4 emulators.

Not really, since the WiiU hardware is far more comparable to a 360 or PS3. It doesn't come close to PS4/XboxOne specs. Neither does the Switch, for that matter.

I think that's his point.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 15:03 (2586 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But honestly it's a dumb argument anyway.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 27, 2017, 13:30 (2585 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Not really, since the WiiU hardware is far more comparable to a 360 or PS3. It doesn't come close to PS4/XboxOne specs. Neither does the Switch, for that matter.

Uh exactly. Nintendo is two generations behind at this point.

To be fair, that emulator is garbage.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, March 27, 2017, 05:45 (2586 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Borderlands is basically unplayable on the Xbone.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 20:12 (2589 days ago) @ Korny

What's baffling is that Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn both got a 9.3 from IGN, while BotW got a 10 despite a ton of technical issues. Makes you wonder sometimes...

Because as a piece of consumer art, criticizing it purely on technical merit doesn't fully capture the experience.

Breath Of The Wild

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:45 (2589 days ago) @ kidtsunami

[image]

^^^

That's you. That's how you talk.

+1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:51 (2589 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Burnt out

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 19:00 (2589 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I picked it up mainly because I wanted a game for the Switch when I got that too.

I've completed about 50 shrines and 2/4 dungeons at this point, but the game has so many little frustrating aspects that I'm calling it quits.

How this game has a 97 on metacritic is a mystery to me.

Maybe you're just the 3% ;)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 19:16 (2589 days ago) @ CyberKN

I ended up beating all 120 shrines, all four dungeons, and maxing out my ancient and wild armor. And I generally dislike open world, collect-everything games too. Different games for different people :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread