AoT mystery symbols? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 00:46 (2585 days ago)

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/61iff0/age_of_triumph_mystery/

Spinfoil hats time!

So yeah, the artwork released for AoT contains some symbols which seem out of place. In addition, those same symbols are mirrored on the shields below (much smaller). I also think the non-symmetric art on the right of the art may be something.

[image]

Des2ny Arg?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 01:54 (2585 days ago) @ Kahzgul

or just Argh.....

AoT mystery symbols?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, March 26, 2017, 04:17 (2585 days ago) @ Kahzgul

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/61iff0/age_of_triumph_mystery/

Spinfoil hats time!

So yeah, the artwork released for AoT contains some symbols which seem out of place. In addition, those same symbols are mirrored on the shields below (much smaller). I also think the non-symmetric art on the right of the art may be something.

[image]

I'll play along.

The circles on the perimeter...from a design standpoint, those are simple to make. I can't imagine a designer that would create material on this level would mess up a simple task like drawing a circle. See below an example of circles in Illustrator using dash/gap.

[image]

So either it's intentional or sloppy. And when you look at the distance between the dashes and shields on the right vs left, they are inconsistent. It may just be sloppy. :/

As for the symbols, it seems like the image that was uploaded to that imgur thread is the only image that has those symbols (that I've seen at least). Is this image hosted anywhere else? Plus they are just slapped on there so randomly. I feel like when Bungie puts these little nuggets out there like this, they are more subtle and deliberate about it.

It all just seems fishy.

No Spinfoil hat needed (yet)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 04:22 (2585 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 05:10

[image]

I recognized the 3-line symbol with a ray going in or coming out of it. The shield edge obfuscates part of it, but those 3 lines got the 'ol grey matter kickstarted.

These symbols have been used in various places, box arts, marketing images, etc. They might even appear in game all burry during a cutscene or two. It is fairly difficult to find clear images, or any hi-res images, that feature all of these symbols in one clean shot. Also, it is quite difficult to generate a search for them from the past if they have in fact been discussed or dissected before.

Top left, around the outer circle above the word "Taken" is the 3 line symbol and one position "down" around the orbit, counter clockwise, looks to be a symbol that is very similar to the other one.
(Another image has the exact other symbol on the bottom right of the circle - under the green fire in the below image)

[image]

---edit---
The second symbol reminds somewhat me of the Cassoid emblem:
[image]
(always reminds me of the GUNGNIR/Spartan Laser symbol)

I remembered there is an emblem or two with the middle Sphere (Traveller?) in game, one is Blessing of the Speaker:
[image]

Also, found A few of the symbols are featured on the Laurea Prima emblem?
[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread