"The Last Stand" [Destiny-inspired music] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 27, 2017, 13:51 (2558 days ago)

So recorded this track about a year ago for a Destiny community project that never ended up coming together, so I figured I'd just put it out there for anyone who wants to take a listen.

The idea was to create music that was inspired by the Destiny universe. I thought a lot about the ideas of exploration and flying out into the unknown... the ideas that got me so excited for Destiny in the first place. I wanted to build towards a climax that gave the feeling of an epic struggle, so I worked in a bit of the melody from what I think is the most epic battle music in Destiny; Crota's End.

Anyway, here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/emoticon-music/the-last-stand

Spiffy!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:55 (2558 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I really dig the Blade Runner-esque intro. Great lead-in. Not sure that I would have caught the Crota’s End homage if you hadn’t said something, but I appreciate the subtlety of it. :)

Oh, and that album art is right on the money.

Thanks!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:13 (2558 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

"The Last Stand" [Destiny-inspired music]

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, March 27, 2017, 17:04 (2558 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's cool music, but I didn't get anything out of it that reminded me of Destiny. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If anything, It reminded me of the Soundtrack to FTL:

"The Last Stand" [Destiny-inspired music]

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:06 (2558 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's cool music, but I didn't get anything out of it that reminded me of Destiny. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If anything, It reminded me of the Soundtrack to FTL:

Yeah, I'll admit that when I was approached about making Destiny-themed music, I drew a big flat blank. I just don't have enough of a connection to the story to come up with anything meaningful in that way. So what I basically did was write music based on what I thought Destiny was going to be, back before I'd played it.

*edit*

I love the FTL Soundtrack :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread