Great job team! (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 11:44 (2584 days ago)

A big thank you to Evil Otto and Robot Chickens for joining after our lower light members left. But we were able to beat BOTH challenge modes in about 3 hours 10 minutes, even with a bunch of down time waiting for people. Sorry to our lower light brothers, but 17 light level higher enemies would have made it impossible. Hopefully some of us can help you get your light up this week so we can help you finish the rest and be ready for next week.

Great job Guardians, now get ready for next week.

Great job team!

by squidnh3, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:33 (2584 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Team 1 couldn't quite finish off Crota. We could have used some of Zero's gentle words of encouragement. We also had quite a few runs end when the sword disappeared (the nostalgia!).

I liked the change to the Oversoul mechanic. How did you guys deal with that?

Great job team!

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:47 (2584 days ago) @ squidnh3

The oversoul could have been challenging, but good communication helps.

Step 1. Get sword and jump to ledge. Everyone else preps rockets
Step 2. Fire first volley. Don't reload rockets
Step 3. Reload snipers then switch back to rockets while Crota gets sworded
Step 4. Fire second volley of rockets when Crota gets back up.
Step 5. Switch to snipers and deal with the Oversoul, while Crota gets Sworded again.

Rinse and repeat

Great job team!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:55 (2584 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

The oversoul could have been challenging, but good communication helps.

Step 1. Get sword and jump to ledge. Everyone else preps rockets
Step 2. Fire first volley. Don't reload rockets
Step 3. Reload snipers then switch back to rockets while Crota gets sworded
Step 4. Fire second volley of rockets when Crota gets back up.
Step 5. Switch to snipers and deal with the Oversoul, while Crota gets Sworded again.

Rinse and repeat

We were lucky enough to to have two GG Hunters running Celestial Nighthawk, so as long as we fed their supers, only one person had to worry about the Oversoul. Now we just need to kills those pesky Ogres faster (and not die... you know, the first rule of Raiding).

Great job team!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 14:59 (2584 days ago) @ breitzen

We waited in the start room and killed the Ogres after. They kind of bunched up in the middle, it didn't mess with our timing too much (we did wait a rotation but didn't need to if we did it a bit quicker)

Great job team!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 13:11 (2584 days ago) @ squidnh3

Team 1 couldn't quite finish off Crota. We could have used some of Zero's gentle words of encouragement.

He went on a streak of dying to the same boomer knight at the bridge over and over last night. That was pretty entertaining.

Great job team!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 15:01 (2584 days ago) @ bluerunner

we also had the sword disappear at the bridge once.

Great job team!

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:52 (2584 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

That was a lot of fun and I really like the changes they made to the encounter. Thanks for inviting me in.

Great job team!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 16:22 (2584 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Me in raids.

[image]

Great job team!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 16:35 (2584 days ago) @ ManKitten

Me in raids.

[image]

Me in raids:
https://gfycat.com/DearGrotesqueCrab

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread