*SP* VOG Challenges (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 11:28 (2578 days ago)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63d6da/templar_atheon_challenge_modes/

Templar Challenge: Block all teleports

Atheon: During each teleport to the past/future, each guardian may only kill 1 oracle. This means that the three outside people will have to come in through the portal to kill oracles (making sure to always leave at least 1 person behind to keep the portal open.

I would be open to duplicating the checkpoint, and just beat the raid for the record book completion, then going back and trying the challenge.

So basically...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 13:51 (2578 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63d6da/templar_atheon_challenge_modes/

Atheon: During each teleport to the past/future, each guardian may only kill 1 oracle. This means that the three outside people will have to come in through the portal to kill oracles (making sure to always leave at least 1 person behind to keep the portal open.

I would be open to duplicating the checkpoint, and just beat the raid for the record book completion, then going back and trying the challenge.

The Golgoroth Challenge, but with oracles. Sounds... interesting.

Atheon Challenge is really simple...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 16:42 (2578 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Korny, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 16:52

The Golgoroth Challenge, but with oracles. Sounds... interesting.

1-3) Teleported folks kill the first two oracles, Relic-holder slams the third. Door should be open by this point. People outside, check your radar the second people get teleported. It will always tell you which side they're on.
4) As the Teleported people run out, Player 4 pops Weapons of Light (bonus points if it's a Helm of St. 14 to stun the Supplicants) just to the side of the door and runs in, kills the Oracle, then runs back out. Relic Holder should be by the doorway cleansing folks as they run out, everyone else shoots Supplicants.
5-6) Last two players run in with Weapons of Light. kill the Oracles then run out to join the group that should already be on the middle platform.

If everyone ran through the Weapons Bubble outside, they should be able to drop Atheon in one or two teleports, depending on Viking Funeral/tether/WoL combos.

Bonus: Remember that the game tells you who killed an Oracle, so once teleported, both non-relic-holders can open up on the first Oracle.

Rebuttal: that's too complicated for me.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 01:07 (2577 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Don't forget the Gorgon genocide.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 16:48 (2578 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Oh Crap.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 01:32 (2577 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

We're screwed.

Morph: Okay guys, Templar's next--let's try and block teleports this time!

Every Single Person Ever Always Every Single Time: Duh, Morpheus! It's super easy. We'll OBVIOUSLY block the teleports. Okay, let's start!

*Only Titan commits suicide the nanosecond Templar spawns*

*Morph shoots Relic*

Every Single Person Ever Always Every Single Time: Teleporting left!

*Every Single Person Ever Always Every Single Time does not move an inch*

*Templar teleports first wave*

Morph: Welp! Saw that coming. Ok, let's wi--

Every Single Person Ever Always Every Single Time:Nah, don't worry about it. It's too hard to do, anyway!

Not that hard. Do it half the time. Honestly who cares.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 02:00 (2577 days ago) @ Morpheus

I don't like the Atheon or Templar challenges. Templar isn't that fun, Atheon doesn't seem like fun. Probably Gorgons aren't fun either.

Don't stress out Morph.

Honestly, That's The Problem.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 02:57 (2577 days ago) @ Funkmon

Everyone I've ever done VoG with says it's no problem, no one cares, then the Templar "no one cares" on the first rotation. Then everyone "no one cares" him so we can't try again.

I'm not stressing, I'm just dedicated. I do care.

If it's so easy, then why won't anyone put forth any effort to do it?

How come you don't?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 08:14 (2577 days ago) @ Morpheus

He can be blocked solo and it's not hard.

And even if you can't do that, nobody should be running left. You should be left, and they get the easy one on the right.

In fact, it's best that the Relic holder do it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 11:20 (2577 days ago) @ Funkmon

You know, since the holders are the ones that don't really contribute to the damage phase.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 11:43 (2577 days ago) @ ZackDark

How can neither of you know that the relic shield only lasts about 3-4 seconds? WITH a 30 second recharge?

When that empties out, if the Templar's still looking at you, you're dead instantly.

You know, since the holders are the ones that don't really contribute to the damage phase.

Well if a single person did what they say they were going to do and actually did it, the relic holder can do THE MOST DAMAGE and use their super to take out 40% of the Templar's health instead of using it against the shield again, alone—AFTER destroying both Oracles again—ALONE.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 12:18 (2577 days ago) @ Morpheus

Well, you don't have to be on the plate for longer than those 3 seconds, so even if you absolutely need the shield, it still works out. Trick is timing the plate right. You only have to block as the Templar is actually teleporting, not all that time before, but if you go too late, it will teleport right on top of you. Do not recommend. :p

Damage, though, that's news to me

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 12:19 (2577 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, April 08, 2017, 01:03 (2574 days ago) @ ZackDark

Well, you don't have to be on the plate for longer than those 3 seconds, so even if you absolutely need the shield, it still works out. Trick is timing the plate right. You only have to block as the Templar is actually teleporting, not all that time before, but if you go too late, it will teleport right on top of you. Do not recommend. :p

Sure, but that's not really something we can guess. There's no warnings or countdowns or anything. Just "The Templar is attempting to teleport", then Challenge failed. Not to mention the timing seems completely random. You've seen how sometimes you only have 3 seconds to block? And how sometimes on the last rotation Cyber took a million years and the Templar nicely waited for him? That's why it's best to have someone there beforehand as insurance. So that no matter HOW long it takes, you will have someone THERE.

Now I heard last time that having a Titan bubble on the right side only got them killed. I don't know if they had Helm or not, but y'know another place it could go. The left side.

Minotaurs and Harpies can't touch you since they can't reach. That Titan(or one of the other 5) can occasionally divert damage to those units down below.

The relic holder can stay on the right and slam Taurs and shoot Templar!

Y'know, I'd be willing to try that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, April 08, 2017, 01:21 (2574 days ago) @ Morpheus

Doesn't sound particularly fun for the rest of the crew, but it does sound cool for the Aegis-wielder.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 14:07 (2577 days ago) @ Morpheus

How can neither of you know that the relic shield only lasts about 3-4 seconds? WITH a 30 second recharge?

When that empties out, if the Templar's still looking at you, you're dead instantly.

Don't hold it for that long.

Well if a single person did what they say they were going to do and actually did it, the relic holder can do THE MOST DAMAGE and use their super to take out 40% of the Templar's health instead of using it against the shield again, alone—AFTER destroying both Oracles again—ALONE.

Why bother? It's like saying "if we could just get a guy to flatten all this asphalt, I could use my steamroller to hold the stop sign."

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 11:32 (2577 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Korny, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 11:57

Everyone I've ever done VoG with says it's no problem, no one cares, then the Templar "no one cares" on the first rotation. Then everyone "no one cares" him so we can't try again.

I'm not stressing, I'm just dedicated. I do care.

If it's so easy, then why won't anyone put forth any effort to do it?

It's been a long time, so I don't know how you guys do things on Xbone anymore, but there are multiple ways to do it.

1. If your team is terrible, there's the classic Cyber method, where the Relic holder does all of the work. It's risky, but if you're "dedicated", you should be able to get the timing down.

2. Otherwise, You can have one person literally just stand next to the left platform the entire fight without them ever getting hurt by the Templar (and they're permanently blocking his teleport), and half the team on Left just shoots the Harpies and minotaurs, while the Relic holder just shoots charged shots and then blocks the Right teleport when needed.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 11:59 (2577 days ago) @ Korny

Hmm...at 3:50, the Templar was really nice enough to wait for him there...

I could try that...see how the whole thing might work. I guess we'll find out later tonight!

(Was that a Titan he was using in the first place, defeating the purpose?)

By left, do you mean the side with the cave spawn?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 14:02 (2577 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

By left, do you mean the side with the cave spawn?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 14:07 (2577 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yeah. I know that's the upper Right area, but If you're starting off by facing the Templar from the Relic (which is what 90% of strategies entail), it becomes the Left side.

I should have probably just said "upper Right area".

Sounds like a great way to learn to hate your fireteam.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 14:45 (2577 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread