Thor: Ragnarok Trailer (Off-Topic)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, April 10, 2017, 16:50 (2573 days ago)

it really has a Destiny/FWC/Prison of Elders vibe to it. I can't wait!!

It also spoils half the movie, so keep that in mind!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 10, 2017, 16:51 (2573 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

I'd imagine that's the first 30 mins or so *SP* i guess

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, April 10, 2017, 17:06 (2573 days ago) @ Korny

they have been saying for months that this was going to be a "buddy movie." everything in that trailer appears to mostly lead up to the hulk fight. They then break out and do the buddy thing, which isn't shown in the trailer at all.

The only plot points we get is that asgard falls, mjolnir is destroyed, hulk fights thor. That really doesn't tell you anything at all about the story or how they get there

Still, you know how sensitive some folks are about spoilers.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 10, 2017, 17:16 (2573 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

As I recall, there was a thread about it and everything... Good times!

they have been saying for months that this was going to be a "buddy movie." everything in that trailer appears to mostly lead up to the hulk fight. They then break out and do the buddy thing, which isn't shown in the trailer at all.

To be fair, I haven't been listening to "they" or anything that they might say about the film (I still have little idea what Thor: The Dark World is about).

The only plot points we get is that asgard falls, mjolnir is destroyed, hulk fights thor. That really doesn't tell you anything at all about the story or how they get there

Some would consider those significant spoilers, as Asgard has withstood a number of attacks, Mjolnir is ostensibly indestructible (will Thor be borrowing Stormbreaker from Beta Ray Bill?), and Hulk has been MIA since AoU... First thirty minutes or not, those are some fairly large twists and shifts in the status quo that they're giving away in a non-ambiguous manner.

I mean, it doesn't bother me, since I find the context around the spoilers to be more important than the spoilers themselves, but they are indeed fairly big spoilers...

Still, you know how sensitive some folks are about spoilers.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 10, 2017, 21:17 (2573 days ago) @ Korny

As I recall, there was a thread about it and everything... Good times!

To be fair, I haven't been listening to "they" or anything that they might say about the film (I still have little idea what Thor: The Dark World is about).

Some would consider those significant spoilers, as Asgard has withstood a number of attacks, Mjolnir is ostensibly indestructible (will Thor be borrowing Stormbreaker from Beta Ray Bill?), and Hulk has been MIA since AoU... First thirty minutes or not, those are some fairly large twists and shifts in the status quo that they're giving away in a non-ambiguous manner.

Um... it's called 'Thor: Ragnarok'.

If you don't know anything about Ragnarok, the first two of those things MIGHT be considered spoilers. Otherwise...

Thor: Ragnarok Trailer

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, April 10, 2017, 16:56 (2573 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

it really has a Destiny/FWC/Prison of Elders vibe to it. I can't wait!!

I was thinking more of a Masters of the Universe / Flash Gordan vibe...either way looks like a fun movie! Judging by the usage of title font, looks like they are reaching for that 80's sweaty muscles movie.

I can't wait for that to die again.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 10, 2017, 17:24 (2573 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

That music is weirdly familiar

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 10, 2017, 16:59 (2573 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

[image]

lol

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 10, 2017, 21:29 (2573 days ago) @ CyberKN

I remember an earlier use...

http://files2.bungie.org/dv/vikingkittens/

Wow.

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 17:12 (2572 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Better lyric video for this song than anything I found on YouTube.

- MacGyver10

It was a labor of love. (15 years ago. :) )

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 17:34 (2572 days ago) @ MacGyver10

- No text -

Rathergood.com was amazing.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 18:10 (2572 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

So dope

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 00:15 (2573 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Jeff Goldblum! Mercy.

Thor: Ragarocks - Nice of them to give me a shout out. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 03:52 (2572 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

My only question is: If someone does shatter Moljnir, how hard is it to sweep up the pieces? Are they just stuck to the floor and constantly getting tripped over?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 12:00 (2571 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My only question is: If someone does shatter Moljnir, how hard is it to sweep up the pieces? Are they just stuck to the floor and constantly getting tripped over?

Is the vacuum cleaner worthy?

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 13:39 (2571 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Are the pieces even Mjolnir, or was the real mjolnir the friends he made on the way?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 14:01 (2571 days ago) @ Harmanimus
edited by Schedonnardus, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 14:24

Are the pieces even Mjolnir, or was the real mjolnir the friends he made on the way?

In a way, each of us has an Mjolnir to face. For some, shyness might be their Mjolnir. For others, a lack of education might be their Mjolnir. For me, Mjolnir is a big, heavy hammer that lets me fly and shoot lightning. But as sure as my name is Thor Odinson, the people of Asgard can conquer their own personal Mjolnir, who also happens to be *the actual* Mjolnir!

[image]

+3, that won the forum for me today.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 14:18 (2571 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread