Sunday Night Atheon Challenge *VID* (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 12:54 (2565 days ago)

These are my favorite to watch...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 15:28 (2565 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

The teams that can clutch victory from the jaws of defeat. Gotta love self-rez, and congrats with not getting blown up when you ran through that group of Supplicants at 1:45!

Some observations...

I noticed that there didn't seem to be any order to killing the Oracles, such as Relic Holder killing 5, then 1 (accidentally?), then 4. Worked out well enough for you guys, though most groups designate Oracle 3 as the Relic Holder's responsibility. I'd recommend 4 being his responsibility, as that worked extremely well for us last night (first person to run inside takes out 3).
If the Relic holder is in charge of 4, their Super will always be filled by the time it's up, regardless of their Intellect (or they can just slam it), and they can use the extra time to get in front of the portal door to cleanse 1 and 2 on their way out (just remember that holding the cleanse drains your Super!).

I'll see if I can get video of our run up later. You'd be surprised at how some minor tweaks can help a lot.

These are my favorite to watch...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 16:13 (2565 days ago) @ Korny

The teams that can clutch victory from the jaws of defeat. Gotta love self-rez, and congrats with not getting blown up when you ran through that group of Supplicants at 1:45!

Thanks!. I don't remember what i said there (i don't have a setup to record my own voice, just the rest of the group) but it was along the lines of:

[image]

i was definitely puckering up there, not sure how i lived.

Overall, I think it took us about an hour to get it done, but when we clicked, everything was magical.

[image]

These are my favorite to watch... me too.

by BlackstarBSP, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 16:51 (2565 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Overall, I think it took us about an hour to get it done, but when we clicked, everything was magical.

[image]

And that's why I play.

Sunday Night Atheon Challenge *VID*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 14:50 (2564 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

This seems like an OK place to ask some questions about VoG and challenge modes. I've been out of the Destiny loop for a while and haven't actually played since AoT came out, but I really want an adept VoC just for nostalgia's sake, so...

I can get it from either Templar or Atheon challenge modes, correct?

Which of those two challenge modes would you say is easier? From what I'm reading today, Templar sounds a lot easier, just because it consists of what my raid groups always tried to do anyway (block teleports + only having 1 relic carrier). Whereas Atheon challenge seems to require coordination above and beyond what I'm used to.

When will be my next shot at one of the VoG challenge modes?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 15:01 (2564 days ago) @ stabbim

This seems like an OK place to ask some questions about VoG and challenge modes. I've been out of the Destiny loop for a while and haven't actually played since AoT came out, but I really want an adept VoC just for nostalgia's sake, so...

I can get it from either Templar or Atheon challenge modes, correct?

Yes.

Which of those two challenge modes would you say is easier? From what I'm reading today, Templar sounds a lot easier, just because it consists of what my raid groups always tried to do anyway (block teleports + only having 1 relic carrier). Whereas Atheon challenge seems to require coordination above and beyond what I'm used to.

Templar.

When will be my next shot at one of the VoG challenge modes?

May 2 - May 8

Thanks!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 17:01 (2564 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 17:18 (2564 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Here's the run I was telling you about. doing it the way we did it gave us plenty of time to get in position before Time's Vengeance was activated, which means that much more damage done to Atheon on each cycle.

I also stuck in two short clips that made me giggle before the actual run...

awesome!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 12:47 (2563 days ago) @ Korny

smooth as butter

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread