Great moments in Destiny 1 (Destiny)

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 11:39 (2532 days ago)

With Destiny 1 releasing its final content and coming to a close, I would like to remind everybody of one of the greatest moments in Destiny yet.

Truly a glorious day.

*Waves*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 11:52 (2532 days ago) @ ChaosSociety
edited by Speedracer513, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:34

I was seriously in the process of posting this topic this morning and only didn't when I accidentally opened a second tab to DBO to check something...

Soooo... since you've done the hard part, and because sometimes people don't like watching an entire video, I'll repost my totally accurate summary of the events so people can recall the the scale and scope of this event:

Last night a top flight fireteam from the website Destiny.Bungie.Org (not to be confused with Bungie.net, the official website of Bungie Inc. the company that created classic games like Marathon, Myth, Oni, and Halo) gathered on the aging Xbox 360 platform and hunted for what is known as the Bungie Bounty. In said bounty, a team needed to be randomly matched up with the designated bounty team and beat them in a round of Destiny's (Bungie's newest game) multiplayer mode known as The Crucible.

Defending the bounty (and representing the forces of The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) were Louis Wu (AKA: Claude, looooong time head honcho at Bungie.org (which should still not be confused with Bungie.net), Beorn (a webdesigner best known for DungeonGrid.com (that could be true!)), XenosKB (the fastest news gather in the north, south, east, west, and middle!), Gwath Gil (aka: Leviathan, perhaps best known for his new and ongoing indie comic Mayflower(www.mayflowercomic.com)), and Malagate (the guy not sporting a Bungie related emblem...). Also with them was DeeJ, Bungie's (.net's not .org's) esteemed community manager.

Representing the forces of The Light were: Up North 65, Speedracer513, BeardFade, ChaosSociety, iconicbanana, and the every popular, beloved, fantastic storyteller and all around great guy Ragashingo.

The battle between these two diametrically opposed forces was a tense one with the lead shifting back and forth multiple times. Fortunately, for all concerned, The Light, a team consisting entirely of Hunters as they were hunting for the Bungie Bounty, prevailed and banished The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) back to the shadows. Notable moments were where multiple members of The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) flung themselves off the play area realizing that it was the better way to go, and Beorn's especially bad aim with rockets that let at least three members of The Light live to fight on.

While things started out bleak for The Light, they eventually managed to rally in the third half of the match with their hero, Ragashingo, delivering the last kill of the game against cheating Mythoclast user Beorn with his trusty modified Tex Mechanica hand cannon "The Last Word."

It truly was the last word, at least for the forces of The Light who graciously stepped out of matchmaking giving those who sided with The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) a much needed, easy, soothing win.

*Waves*

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:05 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Speedracer513, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:35

ChaosSociety

Um... yes?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:43 (2531 days ago) @ ChaosSociety
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:52

ChaosSociety

Yep. You were definitely there! Outplayed me by a good bit, though my last second decision to switch to a Hunter so we could all be Hunters might have played into my poor game. Listening to the Darkness' chatter though, they all seemed quite scared of me. :p

Good thing no one ever had a terrible brain fart and had you down as ChaosTheory on the front page news post for a couple of years...

Other Great Moments:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 12:47 (2531 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

1. All this stuff.

2. The first exploration of the Moon during the beta:

While the actual Moon mission was fun, exploring the Hellmouth with Malagate and Levithan was the best part of the entire beta. I didn’t expect to even get in to the Hive fortress and yet we did. Then, each room was a new challenge that I thought would be our last before heading back up… and yet it kept going and going! Every time I’d thought we’d reached the end one of us would find a new doorway or set of stairs and we’d keep going.

3. Posing The Impossible Challenge. (Which has not yet been beat, as far as I know.)

4. I'm just proud that THAB survived to a second week. :) Ok, there's nothing really in that post, but I like that we somehow stumbled into this odd tradition that is still lingering on even a year later.

5. This thing.

Other Great Moments:

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 13:03 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

3. Posing The Impossible Challenge. (Which has not yet been beat, as far as I know.)

never saw that post. What's the player cap on the reef? might be easier there, seems like its never full (unless the cap is small).

I liked this one

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 13:07 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

me too

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, April 13, 2017, 13:32 (2531 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I took a survey...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 15:26 (2531 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 15:32

2 out of 2 DBO admins (that responded) agreed that Bozo does not rhyme with Rogue. :p

long o, silly

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 21:19 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And you must have asked the wrong DBO admins.

i posted that because i liked the arsenal challenge regardless. Guess I should have posted the results of that, but it was a great thread.

long o, silly

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 21:36 (2531 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah. I really enjoyed the weapons everyone came up with.

The Impossible Challenge

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:07 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I never knew this was a thing. A shame, since last night we actually had 3 DBO guardians in the same Tower instance without being in a fireteam.

And thus, the name still holds.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:23 (2531 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

The Impossible Challenge

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:52 (2531 days ago) @ Chappy

Would have totally been possible back in the day, but I'm not sure we have 16 DBOers on either platform...

The Impossible Challenge

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:56 (2531 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Would have totally been possible back in the day, but I'm not sure we have 16 DBOers on either platform...

Pretty sure we do. I know at least a few of the PS4 crew (including me) have (at least vanilla) Destiny on the XB1.

Even more impossible is still impossible. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 15:00 (2531 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Potential methodology

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 16:56 (2531 days ago) @ Chappy
edited by unoudid, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 17:10

What happened last night might be able to be repeated.

I was in the tower with Zero and Squid? after completing the raid. I was the fireteam lead and switched characters while in the tower. This logged me out of the tower/character, Immediately logged back in to my next character and went straight back to the tower. when I arrived, Squid & Zero were still there.

Reasons I think this happened:

- I was the fireteam lead, which should mean that the tower instance was in my area.
- Since the tower instance is based where I was at, I was able to rejoin the same instance of my old tower.

What we need to try:
- We need 3 people in the same area (Portland/Seattle Crew)?
- Have them load into the tower together and then start trying to switch characters and rejoining in hopes that they will get back to their previous instance, this time not in the same fireteam though.
- Once we have 3 people in, just invite others until we can fill the tower

Potential methodology

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 17:16 (2531 days ago) @ unoudid

Oh it's totally possible. We did it all the time to get a large number for court of Oryx at once.

Rellekh and I end up in the same tower instance all the time because of our IP. Here's how to exploit this.

• Rellekh and I meet up in tower.
  • Invite Unoudid to Robot's fireteam.
  • Make Unoudid fireteam leader.
  • Robot leaves.
  • Robot attempts to get back into the same tower instance.
  • Upon success, we have three DBOers in the same instance.
  • Invite other DBO members until party is full.
  • If Rando's are hanging out in the tower, DBO members spam them until they leave to free up space.
  • Everyone splits into color-coordinated teams.
  • Soccer in the courtyard.

When is the fireteam builder event?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 17:32 (2531 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

I'd love to join and help with this...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 17:42 (2531 days ago) @ unoudid

...well, help sabotage it, at least. All I'd have to do is not dance and my Impossible Challenge will never be completed. Bwhahahaha!

P.S. You guys had better hurry up. Looks like the Cabal might have some interest in preventing your completion of the Impossible Challenge as well. :)

Great moments in Destiny 1

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 18:25 (2531 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

Still one of my favorite times in Destiny. Back when there was abundant ammo, Vex, Suros, TLW were all still great (I mean did you see the range on Raga's TLW kills?). Beorn's sniper has virtually no recoil and 6 rounds in the chamber. It was a beautiful time in the game.

I'm not sure what it's become now.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread