LOOK AT THIS FREAKING TRAILER!!! (Titanfall 2 Free DLC) (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:22 (2562 days ago)

I just can't overstate how much I love the way Respawn creates these trailers with long, uninterrupted cuts that showcase how incredible the gameplay in Titanfall 2 really is. No need for hyperactive jump-cuts when the game itself is so darn exciting :D

LOOK AT THIS FREAKING TRAILER!!! (Titanfall 2 Free DLC)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:39 (2562 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That looks like a blast. Too bad the game has microtransactions and I refuse to play.

I also refuse joy because other people like cosmetics

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:48 (2562 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I managed to have fun without spending extra money

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:49 (2562 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:50 (2562 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Too bad the game has microtransactions and I refuse to play.

Literally nobody cares, Cody, and vying for attention in threads that aren't relevant to you is not going to impress anybody, so you don't have to keep reminding us every single time there's a Titanfall thread.

On topic, the map looks great, and I'm glad that the Execution requirements are becoming less grindy with the past two content drops (still need to unlock that Scorpion X-ray).

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:56 (2562 days ago) @ Korny

On topic, the map looks great, and I'm glad that the Execution requirements are becoming less grindy with the past two content drops (still need to unlock that Scorpion X-ray).

On that note, did you notice that one of the features in the previous update was a "random execution" option? So every time you perform an execution, it pulls one at random from your selection of unlocked animations. Nice to see little additions like that.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 15:01 (2562 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On that note, did you notice that one of the features in the previous update was a "random execution" option? So every time you perform an execution, it pulls one at random from your selection of unlocked animations. Nice to see little additions like that.

I did, but unfortunately one of the Execution unlocks requires you to grind 30 or so executions with "Inner Pieces" as your execution, so it would be detrimental for me to use "Random".
The newest execution simply requires 60 executions (IIRC), thankfully, and process on it is retroactive, so I was already past the halfway mark for it when it dropped...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:51 (2562 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That looks like a blast. Too bad the game has microtransactions and I refuse to play.

Dude, the microtransactions are entirely cosmetic. Considering the base game was a ton of fun before they added the microtransactions, the microtransactions are entirely cosmetic and do not affect gameplay at all, and they have released a ton of free DLC since the game was released I can't understand how you could even care about them. Your adherence to skipping games that have microtransactions is causing you to miss out on one of the best games of last year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but so far I believe we've had 4 new maps, 1 new game mode, an improved way of searching for games (custom playlists), and the addition of a rotating "featured" game mode. We are just under 6 months out of the game's initial release and there are no signs yet that Respawn is slowing things down.

HAHAHAHA! No. Not even close.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, April 20, 2017, 03:11 (2560 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The "microtransactions" are literally nothing more than reskins for the titans. That's all. Completely cosmetic in a way that doesn't even make you think "damn, I wish I had that." Honestly, I don't even know why they exist, because you can already texture and decal your titans like crazy. Also they're actually pretty damn well hidden and you have to actively go hunting for them to find them. It's a completely different world from, say, call of duty's supply drops or Destiny's silver economy. Yes, technically, they are microtransactions because they are very small purchases within the game. But they are not locking away fun behind a paywall.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, April 20, 2017, 14:45 (2560 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I spent an extra 4 dollars and got an edition that included all the Prime Titans anyway. I haven't paid for a single one. But that Prime Ion execution is totally worth it.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, April 22, 2017, 07:29 (2558 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If microtransactions are a thing that will exist, no matter how hard we cry against it, I'd rather it be like this.

HAHAHAHA! No. Not even close. +1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, April 22, 2017, 09:54 (2558 days ago) @ ZackDark

If microtransactions are a thing that will exist, no matter how hard we cry against it, I'd rather it be like this.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of Microtransactions in general. I don't like the way they creep into games in continuingly pervasive ways. I don't like it when playing a videogame makes me feel like I'm walking through a mall, needing to keep my mental ad-blocker running.

But all that said, Titanfall 2 has struck a good balance so far.

Was that the tutorial map?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 16:40 (2561 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Was that the tutorial map?

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 16:56 (2561 days ago) @ ZackDark

Inspired by. But def much more complex. It looks fun.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread