So I pulled my old Super trick one final time in D1... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 24, 2017, 14:06 (2549 days ago)

Getting a Super at the beginning of a match is one thing that I'm glad Bungie never got rid of in Destiny, so I wanted to do it one last time before D2 drops (and undoubtedly fixes the exploit).

The second to last time I pulled it was in an elimination match with Otter and Speed. Rather than getting mad at my multiple rounds of Super, the best player on the opposing team wondered if I'd like to join them in Trials. Kek.

And I had hoped that the final time that I got to do it would be in a special match. And... it didn't start well. But the minute that I popped the Super, I had a good feeling about the rest of the game, and though we got behind a good bit, I was fortunate enough to be paired with a solid team, resulting in a good tug-of-war against the equally solid opposing team, so the whole match is definitely full of great moments worth checking out.

[When you start a match at 163 Light, and leave at 399]

So I pulled my old Super trick one final time in D1...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 24, 2017, 16:47 (2549 days ago) @ Korny

Heh, "charging the spark," indeed.

I am a little surprised that they (apparently) never patched things so that you can't get a super from leveling up DURING a match. It seems like a conceptually simple idea, but maybe it's not as easy to implement as it sounds. Or maybe people don't do it that much so Bungie just never bothered. *shrug*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:39 (2549 days ago) @ stabbim

I am a little surprised that they (apparently) never patched things so that you can't get a super from leveling up DURING a match. It seems like a conceptually simple idea, but maybe it's not as easy to implement as it sounds. Or maybe people don't do it that much so Bungie just never bothered. *shrug*

Isn't Destiny in MLG? It will get patched the moment someone does this in a championship match.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:04 (2549 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Isn't Destiny in MLG? It will get patched the moment someone does this in a championship match.

Unless I'm missing something, this can't be done if you're already at max level, right? Just make that a requirement for real competitive play.

It probably was never fixed because ninety-something percent of Destiny players are at max level all the time.

It's a leftover fun element before they nerfed enjoyment.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 24, 2017, 19:45 (2548 days ago) @ stabbim

It was a fun little quirk that helped in the beta or crucible when using a new character. The level benefits in the most competitive of crucible negates the advantage of it at high levels. Just there for fun.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread